Pokémon What is your opinion on Gimmighoul and Gholdengo?

Which Gimmighoul form is your favorite?

• Chest form

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Roaming form

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Gholdengo

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I don’t like any

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dunquixote

I am Furrdinand von Aegir!
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Friday the 13th Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Friday the 13th Candy
I like the chest form the best; I think it’s a cool idea to have the Pokemon in a treasure chest 🙂. I’m not sure if I like Gholdengo’s design; it may grow on me in time but right now I’m not a big fan 😅. I find the shiny version of all of them be pretty disappointing too.

I like the Chest Form Gimmighoul the most. The concept of this little gremlin thing living in a treasure chest is neat. I wish that it was either a non-evolving Pokémon or that its evolution kept the treasure chest concept like a mimic from Dungeons & Dragons. They probably thought that would be too unoriginal, but I think it would be neat anyway.

I do like the string cheese mascot Gholdengo for what it is, with its Steel/Ghost typing, Special Attack stat and signature Make It Rain move, but it isn't as interesting or appealing. The shiny is definitely a missed opportunity for a cool silver or platinum.

I prefer Gholdengo. Well, not because it is a Steel/Ghost type like my favourite nor even its really good stats and ability Good As Gold. I like it because it is a good lead in farming LP and TM materials. Seems like a petty reason but my Gholdengo makes my playtime a lot easier for me. The shiny is trash and a missed opportunity. I really wanted its shiny to be based on the Silver Surfer or something similar, a pun on white gold and the fact that white is a colour of death in many Asian cultures. Perfect for its Steel/Ghost typing but, oh well. I like it better than Chest Form or Roaming Form Gimmighoul. If they wanted to introduce open world mimic mons they should've included non-Gimmighoul chests to caution us. Roaming Form only included in Go also makes me less fond it. I feel the same way about the Meltan line being only found in Go.

The roaming form Ghimmigoul is my favorite. He’s just a funny little helpful guy.

Gholdengo I don’t like as much. I don’t hate him though. It’s funny that he looks like a string cheese mascot.

Ghimmighoul is find. Not one of my favorite Pokémon, but it doesn’t look super out of place to me.

Goldengho looks SO much like a mascot for a string cheese brand that would have been plastered on the front of grocery store packaging in 2001 and appeared in obnoxiously upbeat Nickelodeon ads. It is just too distracting to look at it. I can appreciate a wide variety of Pokemon, but I have a hard time with the ones that don’t look like Pokemon to me at all.

Gimmighoul is fantastic and a very creative take on what a treasure chest Pokemon could be.

Gholdenengo is funny because of its resemblance to a cheese stick mascot, but as an evolution I find it disappointing. The fan made evolutions people made online are much more appealing to me.

Back