• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What is your wish lists for Animal Crossing Switch?

Hoo boy, here we go!

- Larger towns, preferably with tiered towns and 15 villager limit returning.
- The option to place where new villagers move in like PWPs.
- The ability to choose your skin color like in HHD and PC.
- Enough villagers of each species that you can make a full, single species themed town for all of them.
- All species to have at least one villager of each personality.
- Unique dialog/behavior for each species ie dog villagers talk about burying bones or elephant villagers are less likely to move into your town if you have mouse villagers.
- Bat villagers! Divided into micro bats (the small leaf nosed bats) and macro bats (the large fox-faced bats).
- Villagers will ask you to redecorate their homes from time to time.
- You and the villagers have little front yards that you can decorate.
- Caves and trees that you can explore and convert into secret bases. Unique bugs/fish/fossils/gems can be found in these areas.
- More QR code space like in HHD.
- More storage space in general!
- An actual road/pathway system for designing with different sound effects.
- The kitty meowing music to return!
- The ability to send mail/gifts to your friends.
- More weather.
- Constellation designing to return!
- More bugs/fish/fossils! I need mooooooore!

Hoo boy, here we go!

- Larger towns, preferably with tiered towns and 15 villager limit returning.
- The option to place where new villagers move in like PWPs.
- The ability to choose your skin color like in HHD and PC.
- Enough villagers of each species that you can make a full, single species themed town for all of them.
- All species to have at least one villager of each personality.
- Unique dialog/behavior for each species ie dog villagers talk about burying bones or elephant villagers are less likely to move into your town if you have mouse villagers.
- Bat villagers! Divided into micro bats (the small leaf nosed bats) and macro bats (the large fox-faced bats).
- Villagers will ask you to redecorate their homes from time to time.
- You and the villagers have little front yards that you can decorate.
- Caves and trees that you can explore and convert into secret bases. Unique bugs/fish/fossils/gems can be found in these areas.
- More QR code space like in HHD.
- More storage space in general!
- An actual road/pathway system for designing with different sound effects.
- The kitty meowing music to return!
- The ability to send mail/gifts to your friends.
- More weather.
- Constellation designing to return!
- More bugs/fish/fossils! I need mooooooore!

That is quite the list! I agree with all of these!
I wish that you could also have more PWPs like Resturant, maybe like Amusement park (rides, booths, carnival games ect.) & of course a bigger town, and one more for thought, able to place new villagers where you want them!

Bunch of great ideas being posted, but one in particular I keep seeing brought up is an absolute impossibility.

QR codes.

The Switch does not have a camera, so QR codes are either going to be a thing of the past or Nintendo will have some workaround that requires connecting your phone to your Switch (or via some online website service that can send data to your Switch).

Bunch of great ideas being posted, but one in particular I keep seeing brought up is an absolute impossibility.

QR codes.

The Switch does not have a camera, so QR codes are either going to be a thing of the past or Nintendo will have some workaround that requires connecting your phone to your Switch (or via some online website service that can send data to your Switch).

The Nintendo Switch app can easily have the ability to read QR codes implemented, and in Splatoon you can order special gear via the Switch app, and they'll show up in the game on your switch instantly, it's that simple really.
Scan QR code via mobile app -> App sends the data to your switch.

Not sure if it's been said yet, but I would love to have some villagers from the old games! Or at the very least, not be a mayor again? I feel like that's a New Leaf feature that sets it apart and that they should try something else.

PERSONALITY!! I loved when the villagers would get all sassy and stuff in the past games. now, in NL, they're all kinda copy-paste. Mr. Ressetti, too!! I get that kids were scared of him, and heck I was too lmao, but now I miss his super long rambles :v

- - - Post Merge - - -

yesssss omg I remember everybody going 'wait, wheres the cat?! D:' that's my fav track, lmao

Aaaaaa I totally forgot to put this on my list, but the Acorn festival! And the acorn trees! Get me my boy Corminer back! ♡

The Nintendo Switch app can easily have the ability to read QR codes implemented, and in Splatoon you can order special gear via the Switch app, and they'll show up in the game on your switch instantly, it's that simple really.
Scan QR code via mobile app -> App sends the data to your switch.

Honestly, I completely forgot about that app. But yeah, that's the perfect remedy. Whether Nintendo implements it or not is a whoooole other story.

You know how the island is a place where it's summer all year-round? Well I think they should do the same with winter. Add a mountain area that would be accessible by ski lift. The ski lift would be located in the train station (which would be much bigger) and take you north to the mountain. The mountain would be high enough that there would be snow year-round, making it possible to do winter activities in the middle of July.

I want a lot of things based on Pocket camp like the new flowers or furnitures.
I would also like a more multiplayer friendly game, lots of new villagers including new species like giraffes or lizards.
Maybe adding a little more story/lore would also be cool, and divide villagers into more personnalities.

-i want it to look similar to the mario kart tract (and definitely not like like pocket camp, thats toned down nl graphics, no reason to use worse graphics than whats out already)
- I want it to be a big town with the new graphics so it feels like a forest or where ever you design your town to be
- More flowers (like in pocket camp) bugs and fish and fossils, having more options is always better in that regard
- more kinds of trees and i dont mean fruit trees exactly, but trees that may have flowers in it most of the year, trees that are bigger than the others, ones that have different color leafs
- i dont think we should have complete control where villagers go, your idea wasnt bad where we can suggest but i think the villager itself should choose in the end lol
- i want the villager personalities to be stronger liek they used to be, cranky s being rude sometimes, jocks out doing sporty things, etc...
- for the shopping area to be a place i want to actually go and not just to do whatever i need to quick
- More themes of furniture
-more map layouts and variety of changes that they can have
- more weather and for the weather to get more extreme at times, like severe thunderstorms, snowstorms, big waves hitting the beach, strong wind at times (that doesnt damage anything)
- for the season changes to change the sun position which changes how things look (they do it pretty well in the mario kart tract)
- no more balloon furniture coming from the balloons xD

1. Unrealistic but PLEASE let me be an animal
2. More skintone options
3. Let you customize your character at the very beginning like in ACHHD instead of being chosen based off of your answers
4. Public works on the beach
5. Villager houses on the beach
6. More colors for custom QR codes
7. !!! OVERALLS !!!
8. More unique villager species

Honestly, I completely forgot about that app. But yeah, that's the perfect remedy. Whether Nintendo implements it or not is a whoooole other story.

I suppose, but there's no way they'd get rid of design sharing, if not QR codes it'll most likely be something like the dream address, use their address at the able sisters and you could get the shared designs from that player, or worst case visit the dream towns and get the designs from Wendell.
Personally I hope they'll just add QR funcionality to the phone app.

I don't want too much choice, I feel like that's not what animal crossing is about
Yet I do think New Leaf opened up my eyes to how limiting the game can sometimes be. The switch has the potential to add more to game, but not in the ways of villagers and household objects, but by messing around with the town layout, map, environment, outside appearances of your house but also of the buildings, such as the town hall

Something New leaf regressed on was map options, City Folk and the original game had much more varied options. you could have an island, several different ramp and waterfall layouts, ravines and peninsulas so to speak. It made the towns more distinct, aside from the river layout, the main distinction New Leaf kept. I hope the new game adds them back in, (I'd love to see the return of the dock from the game cube version)

As much as I love New Leaf, I feel like for all of its progress there are still some roots that I wish the franchise would return to. Aerobics, anyone?

- look just like the Mario Kart 8 track
- observatory for Celeste
- have amiibo compatibility
- more returning villagers
- new species (tortoise & hedgehog)
- bigger shop for Leif
- ability to decide who enters town when your gates are open
- more daylight in summer, less daylight in winter
- pick where your villagers move to

LET ME BE ABLE TO TURN PWP'S TO ANY ANGLE I WANT.

It'd be nice if they would let us know someone is moving in, and then we could pick their spot. Ya know, get rid of the whole plot resetting things (or make it easier for me, someone who doesn't plot reset).

A more varied town map? If that makes any sense... UGH just let me decide what I can do with my own town.

More QR design spots so I don't have to rely on second characters to hold town pathways I build/find online.

Yeah, ugh..I hate to break to most of you...but the rude villagers aren't never coming back, especially how most people online (and real life) are very sensitive to almost anything.. even how small or not a huge issue and can be avoided by not buying/looking at it. (Not to mention they had to 'censored' Resetti in New Leaf)

More dialogue would be nice though
Sitting things in the center of a table.
Hanging things on the ceiling.

Last edited:
- The return of journals. I know, I know. Kinda lame, but that was always my favorite thing about AC for GC even though I was five and barely knew how to write anything other than my own name. You could buy them from Nook and they had different little decorations. It was cute, I miss it.
- An un-watered down version of the villager personalities. I mean, come on. Seriously? Cranky villagers are literally not cranky at all. Snooty villagers are just as bland. It's lame. Put some personality to the villagers again, it's so one-dimensional in New Leaf and I was really upset about this when it came out.
- Like another user said above, I'd love for there to be more part-time jobs available. I loved that part, it was fun. The game can get boring when there's nothing left to do, and this would definitely provide more options. I'd love for one of those to be your role in the HHD game, too.
- Again, like another user said –– credit cards. It'd make so many things so much more simple.
- I'm almost one hundred percent sure that skin tones and more customizable options for your appearance will be available. Why would they exclude that from their up and coming game when it was introduced in the two smaller games already released between now and New Leaf?
- I like what some people are saying about there being little backyards or something. That'd be kinda cute.
- 15 villager limit instead of 10! I have like 12 favorites so that makes it very difficult for me, personally, lol.
- This is an unpopular opinion but I don't really have the time/interest in the mobile game and I'm sure many people don't either, or don't have access to it somehow, so it'd be horrid for them to connect the two somehow. It'd take out a lot of the fun if you had to play one for the other. Doesn't sound like something they'd do but I've seen some people say something about that and I just. Ugh. Please, no.
- Main street was so lame. I loved the 'city' in City Folk and I'd super love for something like that to be implemented. Or maybe something similar to the main street in HHD. Just, more shops, please.
- Aerobics! Tossing coins into the wishing well at New Year's! Sports Day! Those were so under-appreciated.

Back