• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What makes a good letter?

Valerie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Yellow Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Does anyone know if there is a guide to writing a good letter (to maximize friendship points/ get good gifts in return?)

I've heard writing "thank you" increases the changes of getting a gift. I always write "おりがとうございます!" but sometimes I only hear back from one or two villagers and they don't always give me presents. I always mail them a present too which helps; usually fruit or unwanted shirts and furniture.

For the letter badge, your letters must be at least 10 characters long.

Edit: I looked at that guide and it says for a short letter (one line long), you get fruit and clothes, but my one line letters in New Leaf (that guide is for WW) have gotten me furniture. It's still a helpful guide. :)

Yeah, I've had trouble getting letters back...
I've tried:
ふるいけや
かわずとびこむ
みずのおと

With about as much luck as you it seems.

Edit: おりがと or ありがと?

Yeah, I've had trouble getting letters back...
I've tried:
ふるいけや
かわずとびこむ
みずのおと

With about as much luck as you it seems.

Edit: おりがと or ありがと?

ありがと :)

"お" is an O. There should also be a U "う" on the end making it ありがとう.

Remember to use the small circle that's the period mark in Japanese. I write letters whenever I can. A little bit of English is okay as the villagers use some too.

I usually write このふく きてください. Which means "please wear this shirt."

Back