• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

what´s the shape of you grass?

How does your grass look like?

• Square

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Triangle

Votes: 38 29.9%
  • Circle

Votes: 47 37.0%

• Total voters
Triangles. Would like circle for the star snow, but It took me forever to get a great town layout, wasn't going to waste time trying to find grass just for two months of snow.

I have triangle grass. what's the significance of the grass shape? anything special?

Nothing at all. A lot of people prefer to have Circle grass because then in the winter they have star snow.

Oh! haha! When I saw this thread I thought that it was asking what shape my grass was in as in "mine's in great shape there's barely any bare spots" or "mine's in bad shape there's more dirt than grass", and then it turns out it's actually the shapes in the grass.

I just thought that was a funny english language quirk.

or maybe it's just me who thinks it's funny, I am kinda tired (read delirious)

Anyways my grass has squares in it

i have triangle grass. c: it's my favorite.
the only grass i'm not to found of is circle grass to be honest. :I

When I played the game I had square grass. I thought it was pointless how people reset towns for other shapes because it's not like you'd be admiring the grass.

I have triangle in each of my towns- I didn't look for grass shape when I made my towns but I really like this one :) especially in winter when my snow is stars!

I have triangle. Even in previous games I've always wanted circle because it looks cute and turns to star snow. But not really worth resetting for.
I read in a game magazine when the Gamecube AC came out that the type of grass you had determined how often certain items and sets showed up, so things hard to get in a square grass town might be easier to get in a circle grass town and vice-versa. This was to encourage visiting and trading.
Not sure if it's the same in NL though.

wow, I watched some Fairy Tail, reloaded this thread, and it was booming!

Last edited:
I have circles in my main town and triangles in my second town.

Last edited:
Darn, maybe I would've noticed I didn't cover my town in paths and flowers xD

I believe in previous games it was triangle grass/star snow but they switched the patterns in New Leaf to circle grass/star snow and triangle grass is now square snow.

Mine--I think-- is triangular.

It's funny because I've been into AC a really long time and I had no clue that it was different shapes until recently. It was really weird on my part. |D

Back