• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Scared you as a kid?

im still scared of the dark

also whenever we'd drive under tall overpasses, id get scared that theyd suddenly collapse and kill us

I loved those books so much, but yes, now that I look back at it, some chapters were rather odd.

my mom would read them to me when i was like 2 or something and i really don't remember anything about them other than immense fear and confusion??

Where do I start? XD

Welp, when I was little, I took the expression "skeletons in the closet" literally, and never went to sleep with my closet doors open because I thought a skeleton would come out and get me during the night. >.>;

I was also afraid of the dark because I thought that was when monsters came out.

Dolls serve to freak me out. I think it's all due to a dream I had when I was in either pre-k or kindergarten (which I really don't wish to elaborate on), and after that, I threw out any dolls I had and never picked up another one.

Various parts of Fantasia also terrified me (more the music than the images, ironically), but the most terrifying thing in any sort of media from when I was a kid was Darth Vader.

One day I had a nightmare of looking for something in a closet, and a giant boa appeared out of the closet and choked me to death.
Ever since then, I've been terrified of snakes.

A couple of things that come to mind that scared me when I was a kid are the Redeads in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and everything from Boo's Haunted House in Super Mario 64. (especially the piano) The piano is still scary even now, but I found a way to get that red coin without triggering the piano to come alive.

I'm probably the only one here who didn't get scared by the piano in Mario 64.

And I was like 6 or 7 when I played the DS version....I knew that the Piano was going to move so I just avoided it. (Hey if you watch a lot of cartoons when you can tell that something's going to move, you know exactly what I'm talking about)

Last edited:
I was terribly scared of the rat scene in The Princess Bride. That thing creeped me out. I was also afraid of the giant snowman at the mall around Christmas who was standing behind a bowl of candy. A guy would be voicing over him somewhere and I thought the snowman was real lol.

Has anyone seen the movie An American Tail? The giant mouse of minsk kinda freaked me out...

mqATKk2.jpg
1ciLtUO.jpg

bee2

and I'm still scared. and it makes feel stupid because I'm not even allergic or anything
but I just can't stop

A few things scared me as a child. Spiders. They still do. I'm so freaked out by them. I have 3 main phobias. Spiders. Drowning and I have a severe phobia of Sesame Street. I don't know why. They really really freaked me out when I was younger. I really dislike puppets of any kind, but there was a bit in Sesame Street which had like dogs reading the news wearing suits? I just can't. They freak me the fudge out.

This bumper used to freak me out as a kid, like seriously I hide under my parent's bed everytime it happens.

When I was younger I was absolutely terrified of bridges. Driving over them was worse than going under them, but still, it was bad. Honestly, bridges still freak me out especially insanely long ones. I know it's irrational,but I'm afraid they're going to collapse or something while I'm on/under one xP

I definitely believed there were monsters under my bed. And I saw a bunch of weird pumpkin phantom figures in the dark when I was in bed and would listen for noises in the dark, which would totally scare me. I'm pretty sure the pumpkins were from the Headless Horseman story- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. The Disney film, not the TV series.
The ending of that short.... *shudders*

Another thing that disturbed me as a child? I have no idea.

One day I had a nightmare of looking for something in a closet, and a giant boa appeared out of the closet and choked me to death.
Ever since then, I've been terrified of snakes.

Does the Star Rod come with Snake Repellent?

A couple of things that come to mind that scared me when I was a kid are the Redeads in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and everything from Boo's Haunted House in Super Mario 64. (especially the piano) The piano is still scary even now, but I found a way to get that red coin without triggering the piano to come alive.

YOU DID!?

Has anyone seen the movie An American Tail? The giant mouse of minsk kinda freaked me out...

mqATKk2.jpg
1ciLtUO.jpg

More like a Trojan horse.

A few things scared me as a child. Spiders. They still do. I'm so freaked out by them. I have 3 main phobias. Spiders. Drowning and I have a severe phobia of Sesame Street. I don't know why. They really really freaked me out when I was younger. I really dislike puppets of any kind, but there was a bit in Sesame Street which had like dogs reading the news wearing suits? I just can't. They freak me the fudge out.

Weimaraners!?

also there's a fence in my backyard, and it has these pointy edges on the top of it. I had nightmares that I would crash my bike into it and gouge my eyes out. needless to say my bike rusted because I didn't ride it for a long time.

Back