• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Will YOU Reset For??

What Will YOU Reset For?

• Hairstyle

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Grass Shape

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Train Station Colour

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Fruit

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • Villagers

Votes: 28 29.2%
  • Other

Votes: 43 44.8%
  • Nothing

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
Right_Triangle.png

Not the animal crossing ones :p

Pssh, I know those ones do! (I wasn't a complete failure in geometry, lol~)

I meant the ones used in the grass. xD

Eh, I'm not very picky, though I prefer some things over others, I'm too lazy to reset. I want triangular grass really badly, but I'm fine with anything else.

I really want Whitney in my town, but if I end up finding the perfect town map for me, I'll just deal with everything else I get. I'm not very picky about fruit or grass shape. Although if I get the yellow town hall, I may just have to reset. It's hideous. :c

I'm only going to reset if I get all crappy looking maps. I'm fine with the rest being a complete, and maybe not so pleasant surprise. I am going to use a face guide to make sure I won't look hideous, though. If it was completely random I would reset for that, too.

I'm sure I can choose a map from each of the four Rover offers. After that it's a brown or green roof station. Then I want peaches.
I'm not bothered about grass shape or villagers.

Could it be, that the grass shapes have changed? 'Cause my NL grass is round shaped, while the snow was star shaped. I also didn't reset and took the first thing I got. U.U
For the western releases I might reset if I get oranges as native fruit again.. (or Wart Jr as a villager, oh gawd..)

Could it be, that the grass shapes have changed? 'Cause my NL grass is round shaped, while the snow was star shaped. I also didn't reset and took the first thing I got. U.U
For the western releases I might reset if I get oranges as native fruit again.. (or Wart Jr as a villager, oh gawd..)

It's always been round grass that makes starry snow. I really admire people who can just take the first town they're given!

Does anyone know for 100% sure what the corresponding snow/grass shapes are? I'm confused because the Nookipedia wiki and the animal crossing wikia say different things :( One says that triangle grass has star snow, and the other says that circle grass has star snow.

I really want star snow, but I really don't want circle grass, but I saw on a forum for City Folk that a lot of people who had circle grass had star snow :/ Is it different for New Leaf? Can anyone confirm which guide is right?

I'm going to just go with the flow.. No resetting but I will choose a town I like when he gives me choices. I won't just go with the first option I don't think.. Depends.. I'm going to have 2 copies so I'm not really worried about the fruit etc :)

Unless I absolutely hate my villagers, I won't reset. If I get a perfect map, then I can deal with them.

I'm in kind of a bind. On one hand, I really want a nice town setup. On the other, I want either green or blue for both my town hall and train station. I don't know which I want more though. At least there's plenty of time before it comes out to think about it.

In the past I'd reset for almost anything I didn't like about the town. This time I'll probably only reset if it's a layout or fruit I don't like (considering only the native becomes delicious later on). Villagers come and go so I'm not worried about that one. And there's the salon for hairstyle changes. I'd really like the blue or green station, however, but won't reset just for that if I happen to get a good layout. Kind of want the star grass, too, but again won't worry about it.

I don't like the options of this poll.
There should be an option for town map and for face.
Because...

Hairstyle: you can change that??

Train Station Colour: doesn't really matter, because you can change that too (on the outside)

Villagers: changes too, villagers go and new ones come

Fruit: I want either cherries or pears, but i'll settle with peaches, too
Other: I want a good map

Face no b/cos I can use a face guide
Grass shape no b/cos I don't care
Train station color... well yes b/cos the green is horrid IMO but once I unlock train station styles I can change it so don't care
Villagers no b/cos they move out and I don't really care too much

http://nookipedia.com/wiki/Grass

You can also google "animal crossing new leaf grass shapes" and look at the images. The grass looks much better in NL than in CF IMO but still the same basic concept with the shapes

Thanks! I never noticed the different types. The triangles look the best to me. Also the stars with the snow looks amazing!! I really want that now!

I'm going to be picky for New Leaf because i want my town to be perfect.:p
I'll reset for the grass if it happens to be squares, but I'll accept most grasses.
I also want the green train station and town hall (don't know if both are the same color in the town) for a nice interior mainly.
I'm also going to reset for the apple fruit, because I'll love it when its delicious, but wouldn't care for it low price in its normal form.

No result for town map? Anyways, I want something as close to this map as possible: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAEEc/oXj3DoDRFCA/s480/nice+acnl+town+6.jpg

The town tree is in the center with the town hall right next to it, the ocean is on the left, the river never goes north so there is never any illusion of water going uphill, there's a "private beach" (one that has no ramp leading down to it), Re-Tail is RIGHT near the docks for easy selling of island and beach goods, there's plenty of ponds, one of the ramps leading to the beach is fairly rare, there's a "peninsula" on the river which is where my cafe is going, and plenty of good places for houses.

I also want my map to be like that, which will be my main reason for resetting... :rolleyes:

Back