• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What would You like in a New Animal Crossing Game!!

UndertaleFan_92

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
These are the things I would love to see in a new Animal Crossing game, if they make anymore in the near future.

1. New Villagers or new species
2. New fish, bugs, sea creatures, fossils
3. New items/furniture/clothing/ect.
4. New buildings and NPC's
5. I would love if we can collect different stones and then polish them or break them to find gems that we could decorate/donate to museum/make items with them.
6. Bigger Island or Bigger space for buildings and decorating and even have way more Villagers

Continuous improves. A way to skip dialogue like you can in most video games. Mashing the A button for example should skip the entire dialogue box and move to the next.

I want a reaction/action where I can pick up other players and throw them in the ocean. Or just hold them hostage in my arms.

It'll begin like a hug and end terror.

These are a little long.
Would like:
Hmm, well I would like to see New Villagers as long as they are either a new species (like a bat or a new type of reptile), help grow an already lacking species (like the octopi), or to grow a personality in a species (examples: like adding more sisterly villagers in general because they are lacking, or adding peppy in the Eagle species because that species has none). Otherwise I don't want to see new villagers at all. Maybe it is over caution because pokemon characters are more complex, but we already have so many and at some point, they may run into the issue pokemon did and if they do, I would rather see it happen with categories balanced. Though I don't expect this, I feel like it is really really needed.

I would like to see other kinds of housing options for villagers. Like a condo for 2 or 3 villagers vs a house for 1 villager or do a townhouse/ranch house for 2 vs. a house for 1. I personally don't care if it is a pre existing condo or two in a down town area or a collection of 3 townhouses in a down town area. A fixer upper may be a nice change of pace if they do a town area for shops. But I suppose it could be a special project that is optional to put on your map if you so chose. Maybe for those 2 or 3 special buildings (whatever they call them) you can decorate them however you would like for whatever villager you are having to move in or you are trying to attract. However if it is through attraction, obviously there would be some sort of broad limits implemented. Of course I don't expect any of this, but just saying, it would be nice to see and a way to open up the villager roster by choice without overwhelming the main map.

I would like to see house customization similar to what I am seeing in New Leaf. I think that is a nice little touch, though not important.

I would like to see new NPCs, but only if some of the old ones don't show. Because again, I feel like the pokemon issue will come up and it would be weird to see the same NPC follow you across the animal crossing world (unless they were a traveling NPC like Gulliver for Saharah for example) I feel like ACNH did attempt that, but I think what fans took negatively is some NPCs were replaced by functions rather than a new NPC.

I would like to see the crafting continued. I really liked that aspect. But there really should have been a way to upgrade to an unbreakable set of tools.

I would like to see a growth in bugs and fish even if it is just 5 creatures added, but I don't expect any added.

I would like to see the ability to donate plants to the museum for the environments that the creatures are in. Such as flowers and shrubs you grew or seaweed and mushrooms you find. It is small and unimportant but makes me happy lol.

I would like to see minerals added to the museum but I don't expect that unless they add mining or we are going to do alot of tilling. I would like this for collecting purposes personally, but minerals could be an added aspect to crafting for customization of colors and tool building/upgrading. (sprinklers becoming a thing? Hoe a new tool in the future?) And if they add mining, I hope they have a little cave room in the mines for a hide out you can decorate.

New items/furniture is always welcomed and I am sure they will probably do that anyway.

I would like a few sound options to attach to your custom path creations if custom paths stay. Like have a wood sound, squish sound, stone sound, dirt sound, and grass sound to choose from to attach to your custom path.

Wants:
I want to see QOL features if they continue with the terraforming idea. I would also like to QOL features to decorating outside which I feel very confident they will continue. I want to also see the ability to adjust the volume of music separate from the ambient sounds. I want to see bulk crafting if they continue with crafting. I want to see a recipe book for recipes and a crafting book for crafting to be scribbled in instead of recipe cards that don't stack and that litter your town or farm. I know they were probably going for the trading aspect, but I feel like that didn't turn out well. Maybe for trading you can do some sort of special/rare payment or have a favor done for you at the post office to where you can make a photocopy for one recipe per day to send to another player.

I want to see berry shrubs. I feel like they are kinda needed at this point with farming and cooking being implemented.

I want to see Villagers more fleshed out. It would be nice to see some things said by villagers that aren't said by others. I am not expecting unique dialog per character, but rather by handfuls of characters. So if you have two normal squirrels for example, it would be nice to see a little difference in dialog between them. I do feel like they are trying to move into that direction with the subcategories of personalities. I would like to see that worked on more and it will be nice :)
I want to see villager visiting each other and you (I understand this is already being added in the last update of ACNH)
I want to see frequent requests from villagers. While playing NL, it was a nice change to have villagers having requests more often than in ACNH. Maybe this time, have cooking requests involved too? We got some hungry villagers who don't just want any dish.
I want to see suggestions from Villagers about your map or projects. I appreciate that with NL.

I want to see a grassy path option to where flowers don't spread on it. That was one of the things I didn't like about the dirt path in ACNH and with how the flowers were in ACNH I felt like it was hard to control flowers on grass.
Thinking that perhaps having flowers die may be something that should be "re"implemented? Maybe have it a little different than how it was in NL but I really do think some sort of flower removal that happens naturally would be wise.
I want to also see other colors of stone pavement options. In ACNH I was a little disappointed to see 2 gray stone paths when one of them could have been a fancy brown. Or even a few shades of brown or blue for a cobble effect. I was happy to see the terracotta path considering we had a brick path. That was a good choice and what I am trying to illustrate with my suggestion of what I would have liked seeing with the gray stone path issue. I want to see an expansion on path options in general too. Like having a recycled rubber path or a pavement path.

With the sand path existing I want to see more plant options to get to grow in sand, such as a few types of cacti. Not just palm trees.

I want to see an expansion of diving creatures even if only 5 new ones are added.

I want to see some outdoor items be a little more interactive/animated but I don't expect this by any means. But it doesn't keep me from wanting it lol.

I want to see beekeeping for honey production since cooking is implemented. plus how cute would it be for your bear villager to have a couple of hives near their house??

Last edited:
Honestly? I would love to see New Leaf with New Horizon's graphics and customizations. But, I don't want to be mayor, I want more dialog options, and I want the focus of the game to be on befriending villagers.

I want to keep every single thing new horizons added.

I would like villagers to be able to interact with all furniture.

I would like minigames and reasons to play with friends.

I want even more control of my town or island.
I want to pick the colour of my airport. To chose where to put resident services.
To chose my starting fruit.
Basically to never ever ever have to reset for the perfect island ever again.

I want to never go back to the clunky god awful mail system we had in previous games where you had to buy paper and then take it to the post office.
But I want them to improve the mail from new horizons so it asks "do you want to send another letter?"
We can have the post office back, but never paper ever again please.

I want even more villager interaction.
When my jocks ask me to run around the island with them, I want to be able to say yes.

I want an easier terraforming system.
Not easier as in quicker.
I think that is the complete opposite of the spirit of the game and should never happen.
But I do think we need a grid to see where we are actually facing so we don't do the wrong thing by mistake.

I want to make inclines and place buildings at half tiles so that their doors line up with paths.

I want to be able to put 2 different path types next to each other without there being grass between them.

If we must have more buildings, I want them to be in the form of a main street or city, so that they don't get in the way of design.

I would love if they added better text for the villagers it would make the game much more enjoyable

I wanna live on a ship with a bunch of villagers that I pick up on my travels, and we go on adventures. It'll never happen but I'd love to go on adventures or travel to places with my villagers. I liked the island exploration so much that I wanna see that expanded on in some way.

I'd like them to go back to a more cartoony style. Don't get me wrong, love the realism in NH and people have done some wonderful things, but the houses and the furniture styles are just a little too boring and realistic for me. I don't mind the realistic furniture, just wish they'd include more for those of us who like more fantasy/cute themes.

I'd also like more offbeat and weird things. Like the tree stump patterns, interesting npcs like Blanca, or more unexpected dialogue. The villagers have lost a lot of quirkiness and I feel like NH didn't really add much to the series in terms of creativeness. There's diys and farming, but I wouldn't really consider those too innovative or creative. Only thing I can really think of is the stars on the beach after a meteor shower, which is a nice touch. More things like that.

More unique personalities and dialogues. A better friendship system.

I would gladly give up terraforming if it means we can place big public works our villagers will use and interact with. Still would like to be able to dig rivers/ponds and break stones.

I would like to go back to a forest setting (or let us choose) with us being mayor with more buildings to place.

Player trading less time consuming and painful. There's nothing worse than flying to an island with an open dodo code. More things to do with friends and reasons to visit.

It might be interesting to have a 3d world we can run around in and have the camera follow us without having to place everything facing forwards.

Back