• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's the exclusive feature in the North American version?

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4135-9919-0984
The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Patch
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
According to Bill Trinen in the latest Nintendo Direct, the North American version (and we assume Europe) of Animal Crossing: New Leaf will contain an exclusive feature.

He wasn?t quite willing to give up exactly what that feature might be but right after mentioning it, he talked about the online connectivity features in New Leaf so it may be something to do with that.

Read the full article at ACNewLeaf.com: http://acnewleaf.com/2013/02/14/loc...g-new-leaf-will-include-an-exclusive-feature/

My guess is something to do with making StreetPass house features online.

Maybe if you play with friends online, their houses will appear in the model home area?

I had wondered if it would be exactly that: as street pass does not work very well in many parts of NA secondary to the fact that the population density is much less than that of say: Tokyo.

I hope that's what it is, finding out the release date was after both major conventions near me saddened me greatly, I don't know how I'm going to get any StreetPassing done....

I'm excited to see what this is all about too. I was hoping once the release date was announced we'd also get an official website. i hope that's coming soon. And commercials! And and and... :D

I hope we get friends houses in the house display area. ;-; I don't know anyone with a 3DS around here to streetpass with.

And I'm poor so conventions are out of the question. xD

Yeah, I assume it's the ability to receive houses online. If so...

THANK YOU, NINTENDO, FOR HEARING OUR LAMENTS ABOUT STREETPASSES!

I wonder if Europe will get the same feature, seeing how he said

"Including a new feature added just for the North American release of the game."

New feature damn well better not be for NA only - us Brits and Aussies will be waiting longer!

If the convention is near you, you don't need a ticket. Just stand outside where the people are entering. xD

Ah yes, the sneaky approach to online contact.

"Ma'am what are you doing?"

"I AM LOOKING FOR FRIENDS GOOD SIR."

I would assume that the new feature would be for everyone. Even Japanese players. I doubt they'd be able to add something for just one region?

I would assume that the new feature would be for everyone. Even Japanese players. I doubt they'd be able to add something for just one region?

They can though. For example, in a previous Animal Crossing game, certain regions got certain house models for the animals. There's festivals that other regions do not have as well. I'm sure if it was for everyone they would not say "just for North America". I'm hoping that Europe gets something special too, seeing how they're waiting a bit a bit longer.

Europe has more 3DS Xl colors than NA, including the all black one that will be bundled with Monster Hunter 3.
I'm over here waiting for a silver or black 3DS to come out because I really don't want a red or blue one.

You win some, you lose some.

They can though. For example, in a previous Animal Crossing game, certain regions got certain house models for the animals. There's festivals that other regions do not have as well. I'm sure if it was for everyone they would not say "just for North America". I'm hoping that Europe gets something special too, seeing how they're waiting a bit a bit longer.

It said a new feature added just for the NA release of the game and then something about we need more time to talk about the online and wireless connectivity features. I didn't take that as a new feature just for NA but as they said, added for (like at the time of) the NA release. And I wouldn't consider different house styles for different regions (which I LOVE and I hope they do that again) and region specific holidays to be features really. Ah well. We'll just have to wait and see what happens :D

ill be kinda mad if na get a special feature and eu dont because they have more holidays than eu >.<

New feature damn well better not be for NA only - us Brits and Aussies will be waiting longer!

It's 5 days >.>

Y'know, if it's online availability to replace or coexist with the StreetPass feature, I'm perfectly fine with waiting until June.

Back