• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your favorite and least favorite Disney animated features?

What is your favorite Disney animated feature, and why?

i loved alice in wonderland because of the abstract nature. colorful, fun & surreal. though not the most memorable disney experience, it's charming, visually stunning & is nonetheless enjoyable. i also loved the little mermaid

What is your least favorite Disney animated feature, and why?

probably frozen or something like that... haven't really watched the new disney movies but i didn't enjoy it at all. the songs are fine, not really my taste though. i think the character's motivations leave a lot to be desired & the plot isn't great.

Out of the six recent CGI animated features (Tangled, Wreck-it-Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Moana), what do you think is the best, and what do you think is the worst?

i've watched tangled, wreck-it-ralph and frozen. i didn't like any of them to be honest. personally, they're all forgettable apart from frozen of course because it's still shoved in my face where ever i go. i think my favourite out of them is tangled? moana looks interesting though!

Based on recent times, what do you think of Disney's work on the animated features so far?

predictable. none of them are bad but in recent times i haven't been very interested in animated disney films. it's not that i dislike change, i'm just bored of them.

What popular animated feature don't you like, and what unpopular animated feature do you like?

bambi. it's cute, gorgeously animated & endearing. however i remember finding it extremely boring & i don't think the story is very good. there's probably others that i dislike more than bambi, i mean i don't want to mention frozen again although it's still highly praised & popular.
i found pocahontas great, despite the characterisation not being great it succeeds as an interesting period piece, the animation is beautiful, the music is stunning & has one of the best disney endings. i like how it has a poetic quality

Last edited:
What is your favorite Disney animated feature, and why?

Oh man, I think it's between The Emperor's New Groove and Mulan for me.

I loved how silly The Emperor's New Groove was. It's like comfort food for me when I'm having a bad day. The characters are all endearing, it doesn't take itself too seriously, and never fails to make me laugh. It's one of the few films I saw with my extended family so it brings back a lot of good memories for me. The entire movie is so quotable. I really hope there can be a Latina princess in the official line-up and getting her own movie. (I don't really count Elena for now since she's TV only. Wake me up when there's a movie.)

As for Mulan, you really can't go wrong with it. I appreciate her can-do attitude, impulsiveness, and desire to do the right thing for her family and country. I admire her courage and wit. <3 The songs are unforgettable and the plot was great. What's not to love honestly? I hope Disney does the live action version justice. I'm not a huge fan of the live action versions they've made so far.

What is your least favorite Disney animated feature, and why?

I think it'll have to go to Sleeping Beauty. Don't get me wrong, the animation is stunning and Maleficent has one of the best villain designs. Aurora is the most bland princess with almost no personality. I just wish that Disney gave her more to do or gave her some quirks. The movie was very predictable and boring to me.

Out of the six recent CGI animated features (Tangled, Wreck-it-Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Moana), what do you think is the best, and what do you think is the worst?

I've only watched Tangled and Zootopia so far so I can't exactly say yet. I have no interest on watching Frozen. I'm hoping to watch the other movies at some point.

Based on recent times, what do you think of Disney's work on the animated features so far?

Like others said, I wish they'd go back to hand-drawn animation. I think that's where Disney truly got to shine in terms of art style. The computer animation is nice but it feels like they keep re-using the same face for female characters (Anna, Elsa, and Rapunzel). Story-wise, only Zootopia breaks the mold. Overall, I think they're doing okay. Not great but now awful either.

What popular animated feature don't you like, and what unpopular animated feature do you like?

I already mentioned Sleeping Beauty. I'm not a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast. It's not a bad film, it just didn't connect with me. I think underrated movies are The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Lilo and Stitch, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Hercules, The Princess and the Frog, and The Fox and the Hound.

And I think that Lion King 2 is really underrated. I thought it was even better than the first one, but that's a pretty unpopular opinion.

I completely agree. I thought it was really well-done. I adored Kiara. Plus I'm weak for Romeo and Juliet kind of stories.

What is your favorite Disney animated feature, and why? oh boy, it's probably a hundred-way tie. but the top favorites i can think of off the top of my head are peter pan, the little mermaid, toy story, tarzan, monsters inc, finding nemo, moana, tangled, mulan...there are honestly too many.

What is your least favorite Disney animated feature, and why? frozen. i didn't completely hate it, but i found it to be incredibly overrated & overhyped, didn't get particularly attached to any of the characters, and wasn't a fan of the music, however talented the cast was. i know it's a kids movie, but i also thought the plot had a lot of holes in it and was overall just nothing special -- i might've liked it more had it not been so dramatically hyped by practically everyone, because then my hopes might not have been quite so high, i guess.

Out of the six recent CGI animated features (Tangled, Wreck-it-Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Moana), what do you think is the best, and what do you think is the worst? the only one i haven't seen is big hero 6, although i really liked what few parts i did see. the best i'd say would be tangled, although moana is a very close second. i feel like tangled is actually really underrated, the characters are really cute/likable but actually have a bit of depth, not just a simple backstory. i just really liked the whole story overall, it was an interesting twist to the basic story of rapunzel i heard as a kid.

as for the worst, i think i answered that in the last question lol. frozen. it really was such a disappointment to me ;;

Based on recent times, what do you think of Disney's work on the animated features so far? love em. there have really only been one or two (besides those awful, straight-to-video sequels like mulan 2, pocahontas 2, etc) that i've ever disliked, and that really isn't even dislike so much as i'd just rather watch something else. i'd also really like to see some more unique stories (wreck it ralph & inside out are really good examples, i loved them a lot because the stories were such cool ideas!) in new films rather than just sequels and stuff.

What popular animated feature don't you like, and what unpopular animated feature do you like? god knows i've said enough about frozen, but my favorite unpopular disney film is either treasure planet or the emperor's new groove. both of them are among my favorite movies ever, but they're always forgotten and it makes me sad. i don't know if i'd say they're unpopular but definitely underrated.

Last edited:
Back