• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your favorite Super Nintendo game?

What's your favorite Super Nintendo game/series?

• Super Metroid

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Super Mario World

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Donkey Kong Country

• Chrono Trigger

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Final Fantasy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 Stars

• Link to the Past

• Earthbound

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Super Mario Kart

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Mega Man X

• F-Zero

• Other (leave a comment)

• Total voters
Tough question. Choosing just one SNES video game as the "greatest of all-time" is pretty difficult for me. So I'm afraid I can't really give out a definitive answer. However, I would narrow it down to one of the following games:

• Super Mario World
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Kirby Super Star

I grew up with a Super Nintendo; it was the first console I seriously played. I was probably 3-4 when I got started. I have such fond memories of a lot of the Mario games, plus the weird niche ones like The Jungle Book or Pitfall or inexplicably We're Back!: A Dinosaur's Story.

The gold medal has to go to the Donkey Kong games, though. I remember begging my parents to leave the console on for like a week when I was probably 6 or 7 so I could finally beat Donkey Kong Country in its entirety instead of having to start from the beginning every single play session. Mine Cart Madness was my absolute favorite level. Played it over and over and over and got so seamless that my parents would come into the living room to watch me play, haha. I miss the Super Nintendo!

Only one?! I have so many! Super Mario World, NBA Jam, Mario Kart, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Link to the Past, Super Mario RPG…more I’m forgetting for sure.

Back