• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

When you play a game that makes you use a custom avatar, what do you prefer doing with it?

When you play a game that makes you use a custom avatar, what do you prefer doing with it?

• I keep it as the default version.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I try to make it as close as to how I look in real life.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I try to make it look like a pre-exsisting character I like.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I try to make it look like an original character I made.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • I try to make something that looks funny.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Chronos314_XD

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
One of my favorite features about some games are custom avatars, one thing I've noticed about playing games with these features online are many noticeable trends with how people make their avatars and characters look.

I usually prefer making it look like myself as I feel like it makes the game more immersive and its more fun to me, but I'm curious as to how others make their avatars look in games.

I make my players look somewhat like myself but I don't typically spend too long on it. At least not on things like face shape or eyebrow shape or whatever. The really fine details like that don't matter much to me so I typically leave them default. Just hair, eyes, skin and outfit is good enough for me!

Usually I just make the character look somewhat like me, but sometimes I'll make an original character depending on the game. But it won't be based on an original character I made in the past or anything. It'll just be its own character that I've made up on the spot

It depends on the game. The first, third, and fourth options in the poll all fit what I usually do. Sometimes I really like the default and sometimes I just make it into a character I wish to be.

I've never made a character that looks like myself. I like to scroll through all the options and it depends on the overall tone of the game to decide what to customize. Like for instance, if it was Elden Ring (never played but I like the game lore), I would probably either make an attractive character or something super cursed like Handsome Squidward.
handsome.PNG

Back