• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Where is the recycling bin?

AsteriskRocks

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I've been collecting trash from fishing and I thought the recycling bin would be in Town Hall, but it's not there. So where the heck to I put trash in this game?

First time seeing that actually, and I think that's probably one of my favorite things about NL right now.

As you may or may not have known, the dumpster has been removed from the Town Hall in New Leaf.. So how do you get rid of unwanted items for free with out having to pay a disposal fee to R. Parkers?
Simple!
Have the Trash Can community project installed in your town, or buy a trash can for you home, interact with it by pressing A and it’ll open up your inventory for you to dispose of unwanted items.
Recycling. Really simple stuff.

I think this is a great idea, but it just sucks that at first you'll have to pay a price!

I assume that trash cans will still work when placed in a museum "exhibit"?
I'd love it if they did because then I don't have to worry about having one in my house if I don't want one xD

The only problem I have that it can take a while to find the item or get the community project unlocked. I still have yet to get it unlocked and I'm almost 2 months into the game. (I have found two trashcan items though so it's fine.)

I'll place one in my museum exhibit of random stuff I have and see if I can still use it. (I probably can though.)

I know I could go into my villager's house who had it and use her trashcan.

If you don't have the project or the furniture item, you could always just sell the trash or mail it to your neighbors. =p

I'll think I'll go with the community project, but I'll need to think of a place to put it.

I checked today by placing a dustbox item in the Museum display room. I could use it no problem. I can't take a photo as the trash menu appears on the bottom screen. The photos only take for the top screen.

Again I can still see this taking a while to unlock, unless you get lucky and get a trash bin item on your first week or a villager makes the request for the community project.

I wonder...maybe leaving some trash laying around will prompt a villager to say something about needing a trash bin...just a thought.

Back