• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Which store should I buy New Leaf from??

I pre-ordered mine from a different store even though my main choice was going to be Walmart since I sort of live closer to one and my thinking at the time was that might have the guide book, too. Still not sure about that one.
Though, I do know that it's really up to anyone to decided where to get their copy from for themselves whether they want to go at midnight or get it later that day...
Target sounds like a good choice, too, but with the 24/7 at Walmart... How could you pass that up? Sounds quite convenient that way.

Last edited:
May as well go to Walmart. I don't see why they wouldn't sell it to you at midnight if they have it.

I'm getting mine from Amazon. But considering I live in Japan, I can't get the US copy from any store near me.

Well, I'm going to be buying my "copy" from the Nintendo E-shop, technically it is open 24/7, and, you can buy it right when it goes on sale at midnight on June 9th!

I pre-ordered from Amazon so I won't be getting it on release day but I suggest Super Walmart or Target. The sooner, the better!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are you getting both the American and Japanese version or do you already have the Japanese version? I want to get the Japanese version since I just ordered the 3DS LL but I obviously missed all of the DLC so I'm still unsure. Just curious ^^

Just the American version for me. There's no way I could play a game in Japanese! It would drive me insane.

I think I'm going to go to Super Walmart at midnight just so I can have the game for sure. You guys scared me with the preorder thing at the other stores!

The Walmart by me won't be sold out at midnight. I can guarantee that. I live in a -ahem- "less-than-nice" area I guess is the best way to put it where all people play is Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, you know. The 3DS is definitely not on the popular scale besides little kids. No way they'll be sold out at 12:01 AM so I'll just do that and then play all day Sunday! :cool:

Just the American version for me. There's no way I could play a game in Japanese! It would drive me insane.

I think I'm going to go to Super Walmart at midnight just so I can have the game for sure. You guys scared me with the preorder thing at the other stores!

The Walmart by me won't be sold out at midnight. I can guarantee that. I live in a -ahem- "less-than-nice" area I guess is the best way to put it where all people play is Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, you know. The 3DS is definitely not on the popular scale besides little kids. No way they'll be sold out at 12:01 AM so I'll just do that and then play all day Sunday! :cool:

Yeah, I live there, too, or something similar to that, with GTA and CoD...

I preordered New Leaf months ago from Gamestop. Do you think I may be able to get it release day?

Back