• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Which villager do you really just adore?

I adore Teddy, he moved in beside me near the beach, and was their to greet me every morning with that get up and go attitude that always helped to keep me motivated, that is until I opened my game one day and found he had deserted me in favor of my brothers town, (sneaky bugger)now I only see him when I visit my brothers town. Boo Hoo Hoo :(

I absolutely love three villagers in my town. Sprinkle because she was one of my original villagers and she is just so sweet! Marina, because she randomly moved into my town and i just thought her coloring was so cute and she is very sweet as well! My last favorite villager in my town is Zucker and it is because me and my friends brought my friend takoyaki supplies and we all go to her house now and hang and eat takoyaki, so he brings great memories.

Last edited:
Kabuki. Mainly because he reminds me of Big Hero Six, and because he's just adorable. He has his own hammock and lives alone in a bamboo forest. Basically he's spoiled.

Rosie!! Was trying to get mitzi by resetting but somehow got rosie instead as a starter. Met rosie though ACPC, her catchphrase was cute and she looked cute!
Also stitches! A cute stuffed teddy bear! Was one of my starters from another town that i live in. Also met though ACPC. His catchphrase made a lot of sense since he is a stuffed bear.
P.Sgot new leaf after i played ACPC XD

Kiki will probably always be my favorite since she has always reminded me of my late cat. Her nose is a bit weird, but I still think she's adorable.

Rowan is a good and precious bro!

At first I found him annoying, but he grew in to me, and I want him to stay in my town!

Despite his too frequent visits at my house at the worst possible time (like when I'm about to decorate), Rowan makes me feel all hyped up, probably because of all the Jock talk I guess lol. And without his frequent visits, I get a lil bit lonesome that sometimes I have to look around my town to see where he is, and make sure he's not moving out.

Also tigers are adorable :cool:

Gosh, this question is the best. Usually, I say that I have three favorite villagers. Moe, Rooney, and Rolf. Moe I only really love due to nostalgia and since I haven't seen him in a while we've grown distant.

Rolf and Rooney however... they are the absolute sweetest. I don't know what it is about crankies, about why they're so darn cute and sweet, but they always make my day. I even loved Rolf so much that I made him move into my second town when he said he wanted to leave Pixels!

Though if I had to gush about one in particular, that would be Rooney. I tend to play Animal Crossing most in the lowest points of my life. I tend to miss a lot of holidays because AC is not my first priority. Whenever I come back to the game, I'm usually only there for a short time before I ghost again. However I get so scared that Rooney might leave that I make myself play every so often just to make sure he doesn't move.
He gave me a chocolate heart last Valentines Day.
Last time I celebrated my birthday in-game, he was the one who hosted the surprise party.
He sends me a letter almost twice a week, always saying something like, "I hope you're doing okay. You didn't seem well. Just know that I'm here for you."
I have genuinely cried over this kangaroo and even now I'm tearing up talking about him. He's one of the many reasons I keep going day to day.

I have a few favorites but I think my absolute number one is Erik. He was one of my originals in my first NL town and he never tried to moved out. Always loved talking to him.

Willow!! Even tho I don't have her in my city I really want to!! Her design is just so incredible cute and I would do nearly anything to finally get her! Especially her eyes ans the colour they choose for her is so cute :blush:

Another villager that I like but hated at first was Pierto. Like most people, I have a clown phobia, with the exception of a few. Funny enough he ended up becoming my best friend and I love the colors of his wool. I guess after a while I just embraced his creepiness.

I really love Marty.
Bear cubs are really cute in game, and when the Sanrio villagers came out, I really adored him!
Pompompurin is also really cute, so it was a plus to get a cute character out of the collab.

I do like the other sanrio villagers too, though!

Besides Marshal because he's overrated, I really love Drago. Sure, he looks kinda weird but I love his dragon-y appearance. And I love the frills on the side of his head :)

Gala. She is soooo cute. Her flowers on her head, curly tail, stubby little body, and her sweet (normal) personality. She was also one of my starting villagers. Shes my little love

I just love Rooney so freaking much... 💕

He is sporty, badass, protective, and tough. Yet, he is extremely sweet, fatherly and doting. He's a teddy bear, and I want a hug from him. <3

I have mentioned this a million times on here, but I remember he sent me a really sweet letter (in a previous town) when I was in a crappy situation:
"You doing alright? Just between us, you are one of the few people I think of as a close pal, so don't you disappoint me by moping about silly stuff, ya hear?"
It feels like this game stalks you at times, and I meant that in the best possible way.

And since Valentine's Day is mentioned in this thread, Rooney was my Valentine in 2016 and in 2020 (I wasn't actively playing AC:NL the other years). He sent me a pink rose (my favorite color and flower <3) in 2016 and a purple rose in 2020. Hell, I TT'd to Valentine's Day in my town I deleted earlier this month, since I wanted to fool around before deleting it, and he sent me a chocolate heart. 🤎

I have Rooney in my current NL town, and he is moving in on my NH island...in 24 minutes actually. Amiibo is a godsend.

However, if I may go semi-off-topic, I feel like my NL Valentine this year will be Apollo. Yes, my Valentine has always been Rooney so far. However, he was also my starter cranky for those three aforementioned times (and I consider myself a habitual resetter, as these are three different towns) . Rooney is NOT a starting villager in my current town, my starter cranky is Apollo. Since he is a starter (and Rooney was later scanned in via Amiibo), he may have a better chance than Rooney, since starter villagers can get a head start on friendship. Of course, Cousteau and Spork could also be my Valentine, but I rather it be Apollo or Rooney, especially the latter, but since Apollo is a starter, he may have a better chance, since as I said, starter villagers can get a head start on building friendship, which the villager of the opposite gender with the highest friendship is the one to sent you a Valentine. From what I heard, you have to be at a very high friendship to get a chocolate heart, I think I started this town too close to Valentine's Day (thus, I may not have time to build a high enough friendship to get the chocolate heart), so I may get a pink or purple rose from whoever the heck. I mean, it's still something. <333 💖💜🌹

But yeah, I digress, sorry for going off on a tangent like that. I just wanted to get that out of my system. XDDD

For a while, my favorite villager has switched between Astrid and Rooney. However, it's been stuck at Rooney for the past 3-4 years now. <333

Edit: Oh yeah, I just wanted to point out: I know it's possible to get a Valentine from a non-starter, I've seen people talk about getting Valentine's from villagers obtained in other ways, but this has yet to happen to me.

Last edited:
I have established many times that my favourite villager is Kiki, however I do have another villager that I absolutely ADORE!

When I first started playing Animal Crossing, my sister played along with me as well. We both got New Leaf together, and visited each other's towns! It was so much fun. We had our list of favourite villagers, and her list was always very different than mine! LOL!

One villager we both agreed upon was Chevre. My sister had her in her town and I was low key jealous! Lol! I remember both of us gushing over Chevre's cuteness! We loved goats and farm animals so it wasn't a surprise we both loved that little goat!

Although my sister stopped playing AC, I always continued, and eventually I had Chevre move into one of my towns. I was so elated! Not only was Chevre adorable and fit my town's theme, but she reminded me of the days of discovering New Leaf with my sister, and bonding over our shared love for a little white goat.

Since I was playing my third town a few days ago, I'm going to have to go with Cece and Viché. I definitely pay more attention to them... I know exactly why.

Kiki is another favorite villager of mine who I had in my first town then ended up with her Amiibo card (by luck) so she's also in my second town as well as my New Horizons island. I used to have a black cat but she passed away in 2019, likely causing me to like Kiki even more.

Each time one of these topics pop up, Mac is always my answer. I think Mac is adorable. I feel like he's overlooked by some of the more popular dog villagers. As dogs are my favorite species and I'm interested in sports, I have to love Mac. He's a jock and that's a personality type not well-liked, likely due to the sports/exercising obsession. However, lazy villagers love to talk about food and bugs, and they are much more popular. That's the game, I guess, lmao.

Back