• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who is Lazy?

keybug55

Untitled Goose Villager
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
3543-1815-3219
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pavé
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Red Candy
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Yellow Candy
Pokéball
There's a character in New Leaf called Lazy, but I can't seem to find a picture of him anywhere. They say he'll appear in towns that have 50 or more weeds and he'll play a minigame with you to pick them, but I never seen footage of it. I highly doubt no person is willing to go out of their way and make their town a weed reservation in order to get some footage of the guy, but I'm just really curious.

But has anyone got footage of the weed pulling minigame?

I think your town would just have a bunch of weeds that day and you'll receive prizes for how much you pull.

His name is Leif. He's the sloth who runs the garden shop, and I don't know of any Garden Day footage yet.

That is just the garden shop owner, but his official English name is Leif.
No one has ever really recorded the weed game because they're towns are either under the beautiful ordinance and/or they haven been playing every to nearly every day. Plus, September, which is when Grass Day occurs, hasn't rolled around yet.

I played this "game" after I logged into my JP town after a few month hiatus. All it is him telling you to pick up all the weeds in your town as fast as you can. A timer pops up counting the time passing until you pull all the weeds and once done, you get a piece of grass furniture. I got a rose chair for my reward.

As far as I can tell, it's nothing more than something to make pulling your weeds after a long hiatus less of a chore. Nothing special about it, really.

I played this "game" after I logged into my JP town after a few month hiatus. All it is him telling you to pick up all the weeds in your town as fast as you can. A timer pops up counting the time passing until you pull all the weeds and once done, you get a piece of grass furniture. I got a rose chair for my reward.

As far as I can tell, it's nothing more than something to make pulling your weeds after a long hiatus less of a chore. Nothing special about it, really.

Let's not forget to mention that Leif's Gardening Center is closed until you pluck them all.

Let's not forget to mention that Leif's Gardening Center is closed until you pluck them all.
Ohmygod what? Well... then he'll just have to run out of buisness and he'll be on the streets because he is not earning any money because he closed down the shop, and it'll be all his fault because I won't offer him a house.
I will offer him a house because he is cute and I love him

Apparently Grass Day differs between regions. In Japan it's in September. In the US and Europe it's in April. And I guess it occurs if the town is filled with weeds (although I suppose you could just wait it out and then hire him to pick them all for you).

If you pick 30 weeds, you'll get an item from Grass series, selected from half of the items in the set. If you pick 30 weeds in another player's town, you can get another item from the series, but chosen from the other half of the list.

Ah, I didn't know that.

Also, LinandKo have said they won't show it because it would either require them to time travel or not play for a long time, which they said they won't do.

Back