• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Who just plays the games normally?

I like to think I've found the right balance for me.
Although right now I am playing a little too hard, because I want certain things acquired before I can enjoy the slow paced day to day playing. (Dreamies and town organization).
When I played WW I had no idea about any AC forums, I played 100% "normally".
Now I do like to TT to be able to shop or to see my trees growing faster and although I don't cycle I think it's great that some people do, as it allows other players to get characters they like.

I guess it really depends on what you enjoy in the game.
What I like best is fishing and gardening in a town that I love with villagers that I love.
Once I've acquired my dream town and villagers I can enjoy AC 100%.

But maybe for other people the fun part is elsewhere.

I just like everything to be neat and tidy and everything to be in the right place. It actually relaxes me more to have things organized

I dont TT (Besides that time my clock somehow got set back 1 year), I dont cycle, and I dont dupe.

YAY!

XD

Yeah I play 'normally' as you say but sometimes I need to TT for my own reasons. I don't do it to cheat purposely though and not because I'm impatient either.

I don't TT, but I do plot reset a bit.

My opinion on such things boils down to... it's not a competitive game, therefore no unfair advantage is being gained to the adversity of other players.

i play lazily i think |D

earn bells and catch beetles when I remember, forget times when I'm supposed to go to a villager's house so I TT to the correct time so it wont seem like I blew them off--

AC is fun however way you want to play it~

"Normal" is a very subjective term when it comes to gaming. ;)

If you mean playing without time travel, plot resetting, and cycling, then no. I played that way for the first few months, and then I got a bit bored with the game and things started to feel tedious and repetitive. I didn't want to give up ACNL for good, so I began cycling out all of my villagers to replace them with new ones. It made the game feel fresh again and gave me something to be excited about. Admittedly I do tend to become bored relatively easily, so I always look for alternate ways to enjoy anything I do, whether it be gaming or anything else in life. :)

I'm too paranoid about screwing up time-travelling to try it, don't want to lose my favourites! :X

I have my main town for normal play. I do time travel a bit in my main, but only a bay at a time to keep my wanted villagers and usually only to speed up moving a villager out.

I have a second town that's all about time travel. I don't dupe though. Partly because it's more cheating then I want to do, partly because it's more trouble then it's worth and partly because I don't trust duped items not glitching.

Back