• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Why are paths so difficult. WHy.

ladybuggy

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Lately I've been trying to lay down some paths in my town for the first time and I've gotta say, it's incredibly difficult...

Not so much the actual process of laying them down (although that IS pretty tiresome). I just find it really difficult to plan out where I want my paths and envision what it'll look like when it's done. I always end up laying it down, not liking it, and pulling it back up. Ugh.

I need to hire someone to lay down paths for me, lol.

only you can put stuff down
eh i like to have intersections kinda? all my paths connect to each other. so its neat and easy to navigate through
paths took me about a day to finish

xD Haha, for me it wasn't so bad I guess because my town is a bit narrow? So I didn't have many options to begin with. x.x

I just lay down my paths over the routes I take every day. Not too hard, I finished in about an hour :D

Last edited:
Connect your paths, starting from the houses and buildings, then connect them. Thats how I sorta did it.

Ugh I know what you mean OP. When you have to lay down paths for a whole town, it seems sooo overwhelming. What worked for me was picking out a public work project or house and just setting down the paths around those first. Then coming back another time and adding a path going away from it. Just take your time.

I don't think I will ever get around to doing paths. I play sooo lazily. I've only completed the campsite. No joke.. lol..

Ugh I know what you mean OP. When you have to lay down paths for a whole town, it seems sooo overwhelming. What worked for me was picking out a public work project or house and just setting down the paths around those first. Then coming back another time and adding a path going away from it. Just take your time.

I agree with this. I have narrow paths to begin with and I had lots of wide flowerbeds and stuff to build around so I started from those and connected paths from there. You could also start by putting down paths on the ways you travel most; I take a specific path around my town anyway when I go to water my plants, so when I went to water I just paved as I went. You're welcome to visit my dream town to see what I mean. It's a few days outdated atm but it gets the point across. I haven't even finished landscaping it yet, but I think you'll start to appreciate your work once you get the basics of it done. That enough gave me the motivation to finish it.

Back