• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Why do most people prefer to trade in others' towns?

Do you prefer to trade in your town, or someone else's town?

• I like to trade in my town.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • I like to trade in other's town.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I don't really care...

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

Midgetsc

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Silver Mailbox
Cake
Mailbox
I'm just curious ouo I mean, if they had like 25+ ratings and all were positive, I'd be fine. But usually, I'd want to trade in my own town, just because then I don't have to worry about them kicking me out as soon as I put everything down. o3o

I'd never do that because I hate making people sad, but I know a great deal of people who would, and wouldn't give a care about it.

I prefer to trade in my town just because I don't feel like traveling to others towns and I can always keep an eye on them.

i dont really care
though i kinda wanna earn the badge, but im not too focused on that
i already have the remodel so

I trade in my town for Train Station Upgrades. I also trade in the other town if I have a bunch of junk laying by the Station. Not a big deal though.

Haven't done much trading, but I'm a little self-conscious about my town so I prefer to trade in others'. I get a lot of compliments when I have someone adopting a villager but I'm just mehhhh because the arrangement of the 800 million flowers is all random and fuster-cluck like, and I have random design tiles on the ground marking where I'm going to put PWPs and plants. When I'm ready for lots of people to see my town I'll create a dream address.

Also, I never know whether I should end the multiplayer session once business is done or let them say around to check out the surroundings. I feel guilty about kicking them right away, but then I don't know if they care to stay around and if they do, what happens if they mess up my stuff? Basically I feel awkward no matter what ;_; I probably waaaaaaay overthink this but... but...

Also, none of the train station upgrades fit my town so I'm fine helping others unlock them.

Last edited:
I typically trade in my town if I'm the seller, or the one who made the original thread for trading. I assume the trading will happen in my town, since allowing somebody in your town is more permitting of trust than just traveling to somebody else's. And I like to establish trust.

I try to always go to the other person's town no matter what -
too many scattered items, bells, and hybrids that I worry about them taking ; A ;

But I also tend to only trade with trustworthy people with good attitudes !

I prefer to trade in other towns.
I don't really let all that many people into my town.

If I'm in someone else's lways check they have the items first but overall I'm not too bothered xD

Last edited:
Eh... I don't really have a preference. I've done plenty of trades and they work out fine both in my town and in others' towns.

I've achieved the trainstation upgrade, so now I don't care anymore. :)

I depends.
If I have stuff on the ground near my train station, I'll trade in theirs to make sure they don't take anything.
Otherwise, I'll insist on trading in mine to make sure I have control, so if they try to scam me or anything I can just flick the wifi.

I prefer to trade in my town because I feel like I have more control, so there's less chance of something going wrong, but I don't really mind going to other people's towns either.

As long as it's a clear, quick, & safe trade, i don't really care about the place. I can get more visitor / guest counts for badges either way.

Last edited:
I don't really mind.

If I've someone else's things scattered on the ground in my town (I've had that happen multiple times while someone else resets their town), then I will insist on trading in the other person's town so as to protect the belongings of the person I'm helping. Other than that I have no preference.

Back