• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Why has the original AC:3DS trees been destroyed and replaced?

ACWarrior15

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I was reading on Wikipedia and you can tell by previous screenshots and trailers, that the Fruit Trees in Animal Crossing: 3DS have been changed simular to Animal Crossing City Folk's trees. They used to look like trees with branches reaching out with leaves, now they are just trees with a circle bush on top.. Why? They made everything else realistic but that?

No went in a different direction with the art style. and no, nothing else is realistic. Everything else has been made over from what it had been originally in the first previews of the game.

It' so we can have more features, instead of pretty trees.

Haha, no I was just wondering because the sun now shines on the grass adding realism and all they care to replace is the stupid trees??

Pretty much what Gallow's said. so we can have more features.

They made a few changed in things since its first announcement which was why I made the thread

Honestly the new trees appeal more to me, they are thicker and not thin paper looking like the old ones, not to mention they are a classic.

Yes, i know i first said I liked the original trees better, but honestly. i really like the new ones now, theyve grown on me

No, didnt even realise the pun haha

I dont think they changed the evergreens, they seem fine to me

You know now that I look at it, the old trees were kind of huge and yet only three pieces of fruit hung on them. Id say four from their height. If you look at the new tree design it is a taller and more realistic Animal Crossing tree when compared to City Folk you can tell it has has some improvements. I can deal with the new trees.

Back