Wi-Fi

Isadoraisacat

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Is there any way to connect online with Wi-Fi on a ds / 3ds ? I like some sort of fan server or is this only for emulator and pc ? I’ve even playing for a while a ds copy on and off on my 2dsxl and pretty decently far but i sadly won’t ever get the final nook upgrade without the Wi-Fi. Was just wondering if there is any hope ?

Is there any way to connect online with Wi-Fi on a ds / 3ds ? I like some sort of fan server or is this only for emulator and pc ? I’ve even playing for a while a ds copy on and off on my 2dsxl and pretty decently far but i sadly won’t ever get the final nook upgrade without the Wi-Fi. Was just wondering if there is any hope ?
totally. The Wiimmfi servers. You must have no password wifi, aka, android hotspot to connect to WFC at all cause DS uses old wifi tech.

Id have to retrieve the info if youre interested for the wifi settings you need to change in order to connect.

totally. The Wiimmfi servers. You must have no password wifi, aka, android hotspot to connect to WFC at all cause DS uses old wifi tech.

Id have to retrieve the info if youre interested for the wifi settings you need to change in order to connect.

I have a password on my Wi-Fi I do have iPhone hot spot but I think that may have a password but not sure I never really used it but if I can get it to work I will def try. I what is it exactly and how does it work ?

I have a password on my Wi-Fi I do have iPhone hot spot but I think that may have a password but not sure I never really used it but if I can get it to work I will def try. I what is it exactly and how does it work ?
iphones are known to force passwords. You may not be able to do it with ur iphone.

Theres some specific numbers u gotta put into the dns or something and another set thats like 1.1.1.1 when normally it auto generates. It makes it so you can connect to their server.

You might be unable to connect; ultimately all you need is no password in a wifi connection to get passed the old security tech.

"All DS models can still connect online with this method, even the melonDS emulator works as well, no hacks required.
For DSi, you have to use Connections 1-3, and on 3DS, you have to use the Nintendo DS Connections option in the Internet Settings.

To start, create a network with no password. This can be done with a mobile hotspot (Android only), and a guest network on your router, if you know how to use it. Just make sure the network band is set to 2.4GHz.

After that, connect to that network in the Nintendo WFC Settings. It should connect successfully, but if an error pops up, that is fine. Go back into the connection settings and turn off "Auto-Obtain DNS." Set the Primary DNS to 167.86.108.126, and the Secondary DNS to 1.1.1.1."

iphones are known to force passwords. You may not be able to do it with ur iphone.

Theres some specific numbers u gotta put into the dns or something and another set thats like 1.1.1.1 when normally it auto generates. It makes it so you can connect to their server.

You might be unable to connect; ultimately all you need is no password in a wifi connection to get passed the old security tech.

"All DS models can still connect online with this method, even the melonDS emulator works as well, no hacks required.
For DSi, you have to use Connections 1-3, and on 3DS, you have to use the Nintendo DS Connections option in the Internet Settings.

To start, create a network with no password. This can be done with a mobile hotspot (Android only), and a guest network on your router, if you know how to use it. Just make sure the network band is set to 2.4GHz.

After that, connect to that network in the Nintendo WFC Settings. It should connect successfully, but if an error pops up, that is fine. Go back into the connection settings and turn off "Auto-Obtain DNS." Set the Primary DNS to 167.86.108.126, and the Secondary DNS to 1.1.1.1."
Ah ok yeah I do not have a android only an iPhone. I guess I will just be unable to get that final upgrade :( I’m glad they didn’t lock upgrades behind multiplayer in new horizons.

Ah ok yeah I do not have a android only an iPhone. I guess I will just be unable to get that final upgrade :( I’m glad they didn’t lock upgrades behind multiplayer in new horizons.
do u have any one you know with an android?

Nope not anyone I know everyone I know uses iPhone
well whats it worth to u. U have options, if you can find out how to set up a guest network on ur home wifi which ive seen ppl go crazy trying to figure.Or I got my android for free from my plan with the cell company, maybe you could get a new phone if ur up to it breaking loyalty from Apple, they arent what they used to be you know.

do u have any one you know with an android?
well whats it worth to u. U have options, if you can find out how to set up a guest network on ur home wifi which ive seen ppl go crazy trying to figure.Or I got my android for free from my plan with the cell company, maybe you could get a new phone if ur up to it breaking loyalty from Apple, they arent what they used to be you know.

I’ll look into it I am not the most computer saavy person

im warning you, guest network creation can drive u crazy. Set your expectations dialed to crazy to begin with and the madness you confront should seem alright.

Yeah sounds like too much effort. I may just accept the limits of the original cart. Maybe someone will come up with a way to do this that doesn’t require no passwords

Yeah sounds like too much effort. I may just accept the limits of the original cart. Maybe someone will come up with a way to do this that doesn’t require no passwords
there is no such way, the tech is out of date for the DS. Our current wifi security passwords will be unrecognizable to the DS as i was trying to say before. That Is the way

there is no such way, the tech is out of date for the DS. Our current wifi security passwords will be unrecognizable to the DS as i was trying to say before. That Is the way
Ah ok well it is what it is than I guess. I’ll accept the card for what it is and maybe I can skip it with emulation and mods

yup, your computer is already connected. Thats the hard part

it must be melon ds tho cause thats the one that works with WFC
Ah ok is that the name of a emulator ? I do love playing on my 2dsxl but would be nice to get the full upgrade. I’m glad they dropped upgrades locked behind multi player I don’t think Nintendo thought long term the players would be playing years later :( which is a shame as wild world would be near perfect if it wasn’t for this one aspect

Ah ok is that the name of a emulator ? I do love playing on my 2dsxl but would be nice to get the full upgrade. I’m glad they dropped upgrades locked behind multi player I don’t think Nintendo thought long term the players would be playing years later :( which is a shame as wild world would be near perfect if it wasn’t for this one aspect
tis an amazing game. Ive played the heck out of it. May you one day, find a wifi connection with no password. Its out there somewhere. Check with ur wireless provider, maybe u can score a free android phone in promotion. I wish u could get it working on ur 2ds too, its better that way handheld. Or maybe someone kindly stranger, would be one well earned nookingtons... frequent any game stores? :^D

tis an amazing game. Ive played the heck out of it. May you one day, find a wifi connection with no password. Its out there somewhere. Check with ur wireless provider, maybe u can score a free android phone in promotion. I wish u could get it working on ur 2ds too, its better that way handheld. Or maybe someone kindly stranger, would be one well earned nookingtons... frequent any game stores? :^D

I have my old android phone from years ago can I connect that to my Wi-Fi and piggy back off that or do I need to as my active phone? I have the latest iPhone and don’t want to change to android just for Wi-Fi in ds game

I have my old android phone from years ago can I connect that to my Wi-Fi and piggy back off that or do I need to as my active phone? I have the latest iPhone and don’t want to change to android just for Wi-Fi in ds game
idk man! you gotta find out! carry that burden

Back