• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will that Animal Crossing 3DS XL ever come out in America?

CHR:)S

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Classic Easter Egg
OMFG. I just saw it. But I can't pay $500 for one..

I know I'm late. I used to be a huge AC advocate, checking to see the new updates every single day, first thing when I came home from school. But it's been awhile since then and I just decided to pop back in and I saw it for the first time today.

Is it going to come out in America? If not, and if I decide to be stupid and buy the Japan one, will there be problems with using it in the USA? And will I be able to change the language?

thanks <3

3DSes are all region locked. If you import the Poptart 3ds xl, it will only ever play Japanese 3ds games, and you cannot change the language on (for the games). If you have the money and you REALLY want the poptart look, you can switch the shells from that to another XL. But it'll cost you a lot of money, AND it could ruin the system.

Also it's extremely doubtful it'll be imported, as many 3ds styles are not very popular in the US as it is in China or Japan.

I'm quite happy with my LE pink/white 3ds xl though. c:

Of course it's going to come out in other countries...

Of course it's going to come out in other countries...

I really wouldn't say that. Have you seen how many special designs come out in Japan? How many do you see here?

I really wouldn't say that. Have you seen how many special designs come out in Japan? How many do you see here?

oops i am stupid i thought he meant the game itself.
bye

Lol I think he just thought OP was talking about the game, not the special xl.

edit;
huzzah i am correct.

You could probably be creative and figure out a way to make your own skin for it that looks similar to that DS :) There was someone on here that said they made their own skins all the time. Maybe they can help!

I bought the white XL (EU) and I will just pop an Animal Crossing Leaf on it. I doubt that it will come out in other regions even though this game is popular! On the other hand, the Pikachu XL is coming to Europe... you never know.

Back