• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will you be ditching City Folk/LGTTC once you get 3DS?

What will you do?

• Yes i will!

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • No i won't

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Not Sure...

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters
Not only will I be ditching them all, I already started once I learned about ac3ds so I would t burn myself out on t before it came out!
Totally haveing AC withdrolls though

lol me too XD
i stopped playing them once i heard about it when they first showed it at e3 2010 XD
i thought it wold of been a release title for the 3ds at the time XD

How can I ditch what I've hardly played to begin with?

I finally got Wi-Fi for my Wii a few months ago, but now I no longer have much free time so I haven't even Wi-Fi'd once. =(

Yes! I'm bored of the ds one, and anyway the graphics seem poor compared to 3DS. The wii is just inconvenient to set up etc. I can't wait!

Yes! I'm bored of the ds one, and anyway the graphics seem poor compared to 3DS. The wii is just inconvenient to set up etc. I can't wait!

I'm sorry, but how is the Wii inconvenient to set up? Its just a couple of wires! How much home consoles do you have? Im guessing not so much because its so inconvenient! -_-

But you have a point on the graphics, ESPECIALLY how Nintendo uses slow framerate on their trailers, so when we play it on the 3DS, its so HD. Maybe even more than the Wii!

I'm sorry, but how is the Wii inconvenient to set up? Its just a couple of wires! How much home consoles do you have? Im guessing not so much because its so inconvenient! -_-

But you have a point on the graphics, ESPECIALLY how Nintendo uses slow framerate on their trailers, so when we play it on the 3DS, its so HD. Maybe even more than the Wii!
For a game like Animal Crossing where your day could be composed of turning it on just to check a couple things, handheld is superior to console. You can just pull it out wherever/whenever. It's also great if you're just going to sleep and want to admire the night as you hop into bed. :p One of the main reasons I did like WW is because it was on the DS. I just find it far more convenient and it just feels...well, right? :c

I'm going to do what I always do whenever a game I'm anticipating comes out: a month before the release date, I cut myself off completely. No forums, no playing, just anticipating. So I'm indeed going to have to stop playing WW in order to keep with this tradition. We don't even have an official release date for NA, so I get to play on!

I'm going to do what I always do whenever a game I'm anticipating comes out: a month before the release date, I cut myself off completely. No forums, no playing, just anticipating. So I'm indeed going to have to stop playing WW in order to keep with this tradition. We don't even have an official release date for NA, so I get to play on!
Hm, I like that idea. Once we know the release date I'll make sure to cut myself off as much as possible for the month prior. Not sure how that's going to work out, though... :c

Hm, I like that idea. Once we know the release date I'll make sure to cut myself off as much as possible for the month prior. Not sure how that's going to work out, though... :c

At least we know that NOA confirmed first half of 2013...

For a game like Animal Crossing where your day could be composed of turning it on just to check a couple things, handheld is superior to console. You can just pull it out wherever/whenever. It's also great if you're just going to sleep and want to admire the night as you hop into bed. :p One of the main reasons I did like WW is because it was on the DS. I just find it far more convenient and it just feels...well, right? :c

Also with the handheld, you can just close it instead of outright turning it off. So when you want to play again, you just open it and the game is already on and you don't have to go through a menu screen.

I haven't played City Folk in a while, and I wasn't THAT into it to begin with. I still play GC every once in a while, and I don't even have a copy of WW anymore (though that was my favorite). So I won't really be cutting myself off from any of the previous games. To be honest, I don't play them (CF & GC) because you have to stay in one spot while you play and you can't play it on the go. That's the main reason why I never got far in either of those games. I like playing my DS while I'm going places with my family in the car, and I get at least 15 minutes game time that way because we live way out from town.

I've already sold Wild World and City Folk. I got tired of them. I still have my GameCube version simply because I can't bring myself to sell it, but I pretty much never play it. I have a feeling I'm going to be addicted to the 3DS version, though.

Also with the handheld, you can just close it instead of outright turning it off. So when you want to play again, you just open it and the game is already on and you don't have to go through a menu screen.

Yeah, same. It's way more convenient on handheld. When I first got WW when I was eight, I was totally addicted and took it everywhere! I don't play WW much anymore, but I do miss playing ac in bed before I get up for school! lol, I can't wait for AC3DS- it will be just like when I was younger! :p

I ditched it ages ago, because I found it difficult playing it on the Wii because it was hard to control, and it took more work to turn it on than on my DS. Since then, I've stuck with WW, and I seriously doubt if I will ever go on it again once I get 3DS.

Yeah, definitely. You can pick up right where you left off. :) I always remember creating checklists because I could never remember everything I needed to get done x.x

I stopped playing it ages ago, I now play the gamecube game. You guys are spot on with animal crossing being suited to handhelds more so than home consoles. I do love how it looks on a tv and everything but its more effort to go on and off of it. I played accf for around 6 months straight then on and off for a bit. Acww I played for 3 years straight and I still go back to it now and then. Just goes to show..

Nah... I'll keep it, not chuck it, but I probably won't touch it again unless it can connect to the 3DS for bonuses... which I do doubt because I don't see our CF character translating to such a new interface so well... just opinion >.>

I already did two or three years ago. Especially after hearing that there's going to be a new one for 3DS, I never looked back. City Folk was a disappointment to me even though it improved on Wild World, It didn't evolve the series like it was "promised". The customization of furniture and enhanced social aspect was missing. It was a copy and paste effort of Wild World and that irked me. Now, all the features promised are coming to AC3DS. And more.

And frankly, I'm holding my Animal Crossing fever for the 3DS release. It's going to be a breath of fresh air.

Back