• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

World Cup 2018

partangel

local ghost
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Idk how many people here actually care for football but who do you think is going to win the world cup this year? and who do you NOT want to win?

im gonna be biased bc im portuguese but im cheering for portugal, lmao. i like the nt a lot compared to other years and uhm! weve won the last euro for a reason. being unbiased though id probably.... choose germany or mexico (??). anyways i hope france doesnt win tbh @ any french users im so sorry

I’ve only watched the Korea games so far, but now that they’re out I probably will only watch the replays for the rest. Is there like a curse if you win the previous World Cup, you do really badly in the next one? Lol. It’s nice that Korea knocked out Germany tho, the defending champs. Go out in style lol. I’m surprised Argentina made it through the group stage.

I was cheering Poland, but they're out. I'll look at who got out of the group stage and see if there's anyone I like.

I was rooting for Iceland but now I'm going to get behind England - even though I'm not that convinced we will get very far!

England are doing a lot better this year. Usually I don't watch the world cup but after the 6-1 win against Panama and having not actually lost a match yet.. I'm hopeful for once
I hate watching sports on the tele though, I prefer being in the crowd

England are doing a lot better this year. Usually I don't watch the world cup but after the 6-1 win against Panama and having not actually lost a match yet.. I'm hopeful for once
I hate watching sports on the tele though, I prefer being in the crowd

The Belgium v England match will be an interesting one since the winner will determine who will go into the harder group. :O that’s a weird position to be placed in haha. I have to support Belgium in this one or else my room mate will poison me :’D

Wow. Germany is out. I didn't see that one coming. Poland getting eliminated was quite a surprise too.

I had Argentina as my favorites to win initially but they haven't been good so far. They managed to go through though so they might still go all the way.
Brazil looks good, as do Uruguay. Portugal is relying a bit too much on Ronaldo so I don't really think of them as contenders.
Belgium has a great team that can go all the way this World Cup. Really looking forward to their game against England tonight. This will be the first real test for both nations.

I'm still a bit shocked that we (Sweden) managed to win our group and I think we have a fairly decent chance at beating Switzerland in the playoffs. I don't think we have any chance on the gold though.

i was not expecting sweden and korea to win
and im happy england isnt doing terrible this year

To elaborate more on my thoughts, I feel so bad for Senegal! What a way to go.

As for the Sweden, Mexico, Korea and Germany group, we had a really good start to our group. I wasn't expecting a win against Germany or Korea at all. So I got my hopes up, I was so excited to top the group and had faith in the team for once in my life against Sweden! Then we lost 3-0 and only made it through thanks to Korea. I wish we could have won instead of choking the match so Korea would go through with us but we are the England of the CONCACAF for a reason. We thrive as the underdog but underwhelm when we are the favorites so hopefully we can put a good showing against Brazil but a round of 16 elimination is written in the stars I'm pretty sure. But we beat Germany so I consider this a success!

I've been looking over the round of 16 and I think I'm going to throw my support behind Mexico. They may not go all the way, but they have been so joyful about getting this far, I can't help but root for them.

Apparently, I don't do so well in picking teams. Right after I voiced my support for Mexico, they got taken out by Brazil.

Anyway, we are down to the Final Four - France, Croatia, Belgium, and England. I'm not sure which I favor, as all are good teams. Anyone have a prediction?

I hope Croatia wins it all, England can go die tbh :^^^) Yes I'm gonna be salty England did not deserve to win.

I?ll go ahead and call France winning it all. Idk why. I don?t even watch soccer. Just thought I would call some team to win. :p

Last edited:
7b9708eacd795cfba22da55da543f5b1.jpg

Back