• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Worried I know too much?

Crochet.Crosser

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hello everybody, I am currently worried that I know too much about New leaf. I have been avoiding English translation videos, but I have seen the websites, twitter pictures and Japanese Nintendo Direct from October.
I know about all the main stuff (island, shopping mall, streetpass area.) I know of some other things eg: crystals, fortune cookies, badges, public works - but I don't know heaps of details
Anyway, I'm worried there won't be a lot for me to be surprised about in the game when I actually play it.
Without out saying what, is there still more for me to discover in the game?

There are still residents nobody knows their names of yet.
And you say that you still don't know heaps of details, that alone should keep you up enough :p

Nahh.

I see AC and Pokemon as similar. You can spoil everything in the game, and it wont matter. They're the type of games where gameplay differs for everyone

Actually, the more I find out about this game the more I want to play it =]
And sometimes you have to actually research things to find out little surprises.
Like, a couple of months ago...I barely found out if you tapped a villager in Wild World that they will wave back at you O.O
I had that game since it first came out too xD

Who cares about knowing things about the game before you play. Shouldn't you want to know so that when you get it you can play right away and not waste time figuring out how to do things?? xD

Who cares about knowing things about the game before you play. Shouldn't you want to know so that when you get it you can play right away and not waste time figuring out how to do things?? xD

Exactly how I feel! This is why right now I am searching so much about this game and discovering all the new features.
I've been an AC fan for years, but it's only right now I am getting really excited about it since the release date is only a month away <3.

well I wouldn't worry because there is always things to discover, but the main thing about games is the DOING! there will always be things to do even if you already knew that you could do them. Its like knowing we can go on a roller-coaster vs actually going on one! the experiences are similar but not the same.

I used to think the same in worrying over having spoiled the game a little too much. The fun in Animal Crossing is creating a town and making it your own. Keep in mind each player will be unlocking features at different paces!
There are so many things reappearing in New Leaf that didn't make it passed the GameCube version which I'm excited to see and experience again. :)

Nahh.

I see AC and Pokemon as similar. You can spoil everything in the game, and it wont matter. They're the type of games where gameplay differs for everyone
Agreed. Pokemon itself is already an overly repetitive series; that doesn't stop anyone from buying the games. (Myself included. lol)

Nah you should just give up. It's like you've already played the game. You know all there is to possibly know...... and..... vicarious experience is like real experience, right?

I'm totally being sarcastic and joking. Getting to experience those things you do and don't know about yourself? That's what this game is for. You could have been a graphic and software developer on the Nintendo design team... and until you have the finished product in your hands- knowing about it is not the same as doing it. Don't worry. Just keep avoiding spoilers for now and enjoy the game when it comes out.

I'm of the mindset that there isn't much to spoil when it comes to games like Animal Crossing. The focus, after all, is one your own town and your home, and with New Leaf, how you customize both. There's no story to spoil or anything. The only things I'm avoiding are screenshots of the new jokes for catching fish and bugs, so I can laugh and/or groan at how hilariously bad some of them are.

The more screens and vids I see, the more I want this game. So it won't spoil anything for me.

I'm looking up information and watched almost every english video and there's still stuff that I don't know.
I mean, i SEE stuff and I can't find out where or how to do or get a certain thing! (trying to be spoiler free here haha).

so even with knowing a lot, it just makes me want the game more, and play it for myself!

I've read a bunch but it's confusing because I haven't SEEN it. I'm not worried here.

Exactly this. I still can't imagine traveling to the island or doing stuff there, shopping at the shops, or even building a public works. None of the gameplay, no matter how much I look into it, will make sense until I actually play New Leaf.

You are the only person who can play your game and experience the same things you do, so don't worry too much about spoiling the game. It will all be just as fun when you play it!

I was going to listen to the hourly tunes but I decided against it. Better to hear it when I play it.

Actually I've been trying to know everything I can about it so I can plan ahead! Certain games like Legend of Zelda I don't like spoiled, because they're puzzle based and gameplay is funnest when you figure everything out yourself. However, the more I'm spoiled on New Leaf the more I fall in love with this game!

Back