• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Worried I know too much?

I've been avoiding most of the english text so I don't feel like I've spoilt very much of the english experience yet.

Having said that I do think it's hard to spoil a game like this. A lot of your experience depends on what happens specifically in your game....you can't spoil the particular experience you'll have. You can't spoil the fact that you're going to feel a grudge towards X villager because they keep beating you in the fishing tourney.

I haven't looked at any English screenshots or video for the most part. I like seeing dialogues for the first time myself. But beyond that, I don't think I can learn too much about the game. I'm going to end up getting the game a few days later than most due to Amazon shipping. I'm not even disappointed anymore! It just means I'll probably have an English face guide to use so I can get the character I really want!

Playing the game and seeing video are two entirely different things. Only you can experience and feel things when you play the game a certain way. And you will probably do things much differently than other people who play it. Each person has their own unique experiences with the game. And that's one of the reasons I love Animal Crossing so much. We could do the same thing in one day, but we would all take something different away from it once we save and turn the system off.

Don't worry about it man. I watch every video I can get my hands on and check every new thread here and on 4chan for this game and im still finding out new things about this game every day! I guarantee it'll still surprise you come the 9th.

In my opinion I think that knowing too much won't be a problem. I think when you plan out your town ahead of time it ruins the game because you already have a set idea instead of experiencing everything fresh. The English videos are only building excitement. I have absolutely nothing planned for my town and I think that will do more to keep the experience new.

I've avoided the English videos, but I've watched plenty Japanese ones. I find that if I watch the English videos, I ruin what the villagers will actually say etc.

I just looked up the basics, and have gone no further in videos than the tent being set-up. Was really surprised to hear the shop has an extra upgrade in this version.

I'm with a few others on this. The more I know, the better the game is going to be and the more excited I am!
Same here. And especially for this game, I like knowing a lot so I can get to unlocking things quickly. I don't plan to race through the game, but there's just a few things I'd like to have as soon as possible such as the Dream Suite and the Caf?.

Back