• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Would you consider this as cheating?

Stupefiant

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I remember having read something about this on the forum about 2 days ago but after a quick google search about a way to get some easy bells I found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSEBQmP3C6g

In that video the guy gets around 3xx,xxx bells in just under an hour which is pretty interesting. All you have to do is wait until it's dark, go on the island, cut most of the trees but 2 on the beach and one in the middle and catch all the beetles that are worth something. I kinda feel like I would be cheating though and that it would kill the game to get so many bells in so little time. It feels to me that there would not be any challenge in the game if I did that because I would be able to buy everything and have my house upgraded to the maximum in just under a week. What do you think?

This is honestly just the idea I have been looking for as I will be starting Animal Crossing New Leaf today!
I must tell you that I am very grateful for you pointing this out Stupefiant. :D

He's not the first person to do this, and no I don't think it's cheating.
I've been doing it since the first day I had the island.

I do this daily. It really pays off and it's a great and repetative way to train your catching skills. I like catching sharks too. It's exciting to see a fin poke out of the water. Playing mini games on the island is also fun. Have over some friends in real life and sit on floor and play...we were so excited and screaming out 'go over there! OMG! NO! Take this cherry! Catch that fish!'. I...I love the island. <3

I've been doing this for months. It's not cheating, it's an easier way to make bells.

This is honestly just the idea I have been looking for as I will be starting Animal Crossing New Leaf today!
I must tell you that I am very grateful for you pointing this out Stupefiant. :D

No problem! It seems like everyone is using that technique anyway, I've had the game for 5 days now and I was still fishing to get bells.

He's not the first person to do this, and no I don't think it's cheating.
I've been doing it since the first day I had the island.

Obviously he's not, and it was not the point of my thread! I could have linked another video or something from the internet explaining the same thing.

I do this daily. It really pays off and it's a great and repetative way to train your catching skills. I like catching sharks too. It's exciting to see a fin poke out of the water. Playing mini games on the island is also fun. Have over some friends in real life and sit on floor and play...we were so excited and screaming out 'go over there! OMG! NO! Take this cherry! Catch that fish!'. I...I love the island. <3

The island is indeed amazing!

In no way is it cheating.

I do it from time to time, but I wouldn't do it as your main source of income. Ruins the experience and actual effort of making bells.

In that video the guy gets around 3xx,xxx bells in just under an hour which is pretty interesting
Just imagine what that guy will make if he had the Rich Town ordinance. (20% extra sale price)

@Mr. L. I totally agree with you there, it does ruin the game a bit, I would probably just do it until I became a very rich person again and then I would live off the monthly interest.

I can't stand LucarioPlayer...I'm so glad I don't have to sit through his videos anymore for my AC fix.

In no way is it cheating.

I do it from time to time, but I wouldn't do it as your main source of income. Ruins the experience and actual effort of making bells.

I think the same way as you.
It's not cheating in any way but it ruins the experience. It's a game that is supposed to last me until the next Animal Crossing so upgrading my house to the maximum in the first week is not in my priorities.

Yeah, I think personally I may avoid that. Like everyone says, it kind of kills the experience. I DO NOT want to get bored quick with this game. I want it to last. That is up to the individual though. Cheating or not, its none of our business because it is your game and your experience. Do with it as you wish. ;)

That's how I make bells, except for it takes me longer than one hour.

I don't know, doing the same thing over and over gets really boring. So after catching a few bugs I take a break and a play a few island games, then I go back to work and so and so.

I think the same way as you.
It's not cheating in any way but it ruins the experience. It's a game that is supposed to last me until the next Animal Crossing so upgrading my house to the maximum in the first week is not in my priorities.
Exactly.

I made around 500,000 bells from this, and have given away most of it to help other people with their public work projects and whatnot.

I still have around 200,000 to give away if anyone's interested.

I can't stand LucarioPlayer...I'm so glad I don't have to sit through his videos anymore for my AC fix.

Same here...His laugh is so creepy. And I definitely don't think this is cheating in any way. That's what the island if for, to catch rare fish and bugs.

That's completely not cheating it's just a fast way to make bells, thanks to Nintendo

I'm planting a bunch of trees on my island and sometimes there are 3 different beetles at a time on one side, and some more on the other side. So my island doesn't look bare and I make just as much. With the trees in the middle I usually scare off the bugs I don't care for so the ones I do care for can spawn some more.

My island looks like a mini forest and I don't think I could stand having one with just two trees.

I don't think it's cheating. It's very clever actually. Saves you a lot of time too. I don't think I want to do it yet though.

Back