What age do you consider old?

50 is absolutely not old.

i'm gonna say 60/65, while i agree it's a rather "young" age to die i still think you can consider yourself at the beginning of being old. like "barely old". 70 is when you're old old.

I'm going to say 27 years old.
i'm crumbling away...

It's certainly a young age to die at, but old =/= imminently about to keel over lol, so I'd say "old" starts around 65. People in their seventies are definitely old, but still not old to the point where I start worrying about them on a regular basis—I think people hit that level of old after 80. And even at that point someone could still have a good ~20 years left in them! but it's less... expected I guess

I am a bit over 30 and I don't consider myself really old. When I was younger I def would have said that 30 is old. Now it is more like 60+ I think. Might think different in 30 years!

would used to think that 30-45 was the age that would consider u as old, but i agree with 70 the more that i think about it.

I really think it's just perspective. I've seen people in their 70s who are in great shape and doing intense work that most younger people would struggle doing. I know a farmer who is that age and still doing so much. Then I've met people who are way younger in their 20s who look like they aged a millennium.

If you take care of your body, have some form of exercise, keep your mind/body active, you'll probably live a good healthy life. I'm not that old, but even though I'm finished high school I don't feel like I'm any older. I still feel like me. It's not like once I hit a certain age threshold my personality and who I am changed drastically. So I feel like when I get past certain age thresholds I'll feel the same way?

While I'm tempted to say about 70, it seems like a really individual thing at the end of the day, more to do with general wellness than the number. Some 80 and 90 year olds can be better off healthwise than someone in their 70s, just kind of depends.

Like, elderly? It's weird because "old" is a pretty relative term. Of course a 30 year old is "old" compared to a 5 year old. But nobody would consider a 30 year old elderly. Old as in, I think "wow you are old"? Or "oh you are old"?

It's so hard to answer that seriously! Elderly, I'd say starting around 70. 60 year old people are usually/often still in good shape. I think that the age starts to show around 70.

Back