• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Writing letters

fenris

it's ya boy finn
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Flea
Winter Mittens
What do you guys write in letters to your villagers? I never send any because I don't know what to write...

I HATE WRITING LETTERS! xD I guess you can write "here's a gift" and it counts...?

I just ramble. My first letter to Fuchsia was an invitation to form a girl gang and enact a vigilante justice system.

For some reason, I have no problem coming up with things to write about. LOL. Right now, I'm writing a lot about Toy Day, Jingle, snow and New Year's.

When I was writing to get the badge I would send each villager a line of poetry every day from whatever poem popped into my head. When I write to send them something I'm usually like "Here's a shirt. I'm not saying you HAVE to wear it, but...."

oh god i hate when my villagers show me my letters bc i sound so dumb in them
bc i like to use puns and corny dad jokes it's so bad @people who have any of
my old villagers I'M SORRY I'M LAME

I'm starting to think that I may send "song of the day" letters, so that my villagers can show them to me and remind me of songs I love and might eventually forget, or so they can share them with visitors or the mayors of towns they might move to.

That sounds really sweet!

I generally just write things like "Your current shirt/furniture looks hideous! Have this instead!" or "Invite me over to your house." And a constant one is "Will you please suggest this pwp already?"

I know people simply write how their day has been, or what they accomplished in their town that day.

I write as if I'm writing a text to my friends. So they're things like "it's so cold! Maybe it'll snow!" or "Went to the markets today and got an awesome crystal bowl".

I don't send letters. I hate typing in the 3DS. If I'm trading with another player, I usually don't say more than "hi." Give me a keyboard like a computer and I'll type novels to the villagers. But tapping each letter with a stylus? No thanks. I don't feel like spending 30 minutes on a two sentence letter.

Most of the time I just write "Hi" and send, or some other times I will write about up coming animal crossing new leaf events and for them to entertain me. There was this one time when I was little I would write a whole sentence of swear words to my villagers xD

I thank my villagers when we visit each other's houses. I also welcome the newbies to town and wish them a happy birthday when possible. :)

I did when I was trying to get Marshal to change back to his original shirt.

...I also did when telling Wart Jr to move out and it worked

i absolutely hate writing letters so I never do but I always have one favorite in my town so when I do decide to write a letter I fill it to the brim with me talking about how they're my favorite and I always add a gift lmaoo

I do, not often. But I've done it so much I do have the silver badge for doing letters x'D
As for what I write it depends weather or not I'm sending a gift or not!

Like I know they can't really reply. But if I ever lost said villager or they moved the mayor of that town would get to see those letters! So I do try and keep that in mind. So more often then not I write something silly like: "Have you ever really given those butterflies to your so-called-niece? Or are you un-wanting to admit it was really for you?"

I think writing about current in game events works. I usually only write letters when I want to send a present so I just write about what I got them and why.

Sometimes i wrote them letter to tell them to suggest me some pwp, sometimes lyric from any song but mostly twinkle twinkle little star xP I just like my letter to be full ya know

I used to write actual secrets to my villagers.. like embarrassing ones. I didn't realise at the time that your villagers keep your letters and share them in their next town. T____T

most of the time i couldnt be bothered to write any letters. when i do write, i just write some random words on it and just send.

Back