• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Xi's Art Musings

I tried a new pencil brush in preparation for sketchtember ;A; IM READY FOR AN ART CHALLENGE HAHA, hopefully I'll follow through...cause I actually made my own prompts this time
8u36fPX.png

In between struggling with life, playing ACNH, and doing art commissions, I've found that 15-40 minutes sketching for myself has made creating art less daunting...I've never mentioned before, but I always have this deep deep fear of putting my art/doodles/work out into the world...especially art that I make for people..so there's always a pressure to make everything prefect, to spend more time on that small small part of the drawing. But I think doing these sketches is making it easier to not nitpick details but to just enjoy the concept as a whole. AHEM, anyways, I present the first 5 days of sketchtember (and a little bit of shiptember hehe)
scyXLiG.png
SNaoznr.png
tydlZyu.png
06tocI5.png
cZJVG3O.png
qmtX8ws.png

Day 6 of my sketchtember + shiptember was COMIC! I decided to go with a short comic about the first meeting between my very very first two OCs, Chen Yu and Ze Jing.
6.1.png

6.2.png

6.3.png

6.4.png

I am emo for them v w v they've changed a lot since I first created them in like middle school, lolol but Chen Yu, who is the short hair boy, was suddenly transmigrated (I LOVE ISEKAI OKAY) into another world, having lost all of his memories. With no one to rely on, he wandered around the streets fighting to survive until one rainy day, he meets Ze Jing. Ze Jing names him Chen Yu, Chen meaning "morning/dawn" and Yu meaning "rain", together they sort of mean, "beginning of a better life/promising future/growth" V o V

I created a character sheet for the two OCs I mentioned in the previous post V v V they grew up beautifully, haha. While researching ancient Chinese history, which their world is loosely based on, I learned that long hair, or basically any part of one's body, should be cherished as it's a gift from one's parents (FILIAL PIETY YO), hence why Chen Yu grows out his hair, because Ze Jing cherishes him, so he should cherish himself too uwu PSA: self-love is IMPORTANT
Chen Yu and Ze Ling.png

I'll probably draw their face more properly because i love them dearly

my art thread has started to stray further and further away from animal crossing related content to more of my OCs, AHHHH...here is a character expression sheet for Ze Jing I quickly made in between all the life stuff that's been happening this week

Ze Jing's name means benevolent, kind V o V
Ze Jing.png

Presenting Cyrus!! A genius nerd who lives in a dystopia earth. In this society, the rich and talented lives in paradise on floating islands. Poverty, deep-rooted discrimination, nor corruption exists here. Everyone is happy and follows the Order (temporary name for now). However, an entanglement with an unknown entity leads Cyrus to discover the truth. YUP, haha, his story is not as flushed out as I would like it to be.
Cyrus.png

Somehow I stopped receiving notifications for your thread goes off and cried a river 😭😭😭 Your art is still stunning as always! 💕 I'm really liking your two OC's Chen Yu and Ze Jing, they seem to really compliment each other despite their seemingly different personalities (or am I looking too much into it? lol)

Somehow I stopped receiving notifications for your thread goes off and cried a river 😭😭😭Your art is still stunning as always! 💕 I'm really liking your two OC's Chen Yu and Ze Jing, they seem to really compliment each other despite their seemingly different personalities (or am I looking too much into it? lol)

AHHH, it's okay! SOMETIMES NOTIFICATIONS BE LIKE THAT, HAHA but I was so surprised by my notifications :ROFLMAO::D TYSM FOR LOVING MY ART, XELERON, YOURE TOO KIND AHHHHH
Now I'm super tempted to draw more Chen Yu and Ze Jing (AND ALSO YESSS, THEY GOT EACH OTHER'S BACK!!) trying to develop their storyline from friends to lovers, ahem xD OFF TO DRAW MORE CHEN YU AND ZEJING !!

NC9DGa6.png

The more I draw these two, the more attached I am to them 😭😭 Ze Jing (long hair one) was quite mischievous and energetic as a child, and like he said, he grew up with two older sisters, who rarely played with him. That's why Ze Jing was so motivated to befriend Chen Yu (short hair) but of course, Ze Jing's approach can be a bit too much. EDIT: Screaming, did not realize the typos in the speech bubble, haha

Yoo your art is too good😫. Love the coloring sm. Im impatiently waiting for you to open TBT slots ahhh🥺

Back