• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Your Dialect (quiz map)

Most like: Raleigh, Washington D.C. and Richmond. Considering how I'm in Maryland, appropriate.

Least like: Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, Des Moines

Most: Fresno, Montgomery, and Charlotte (California, Alabama, and North Carolina respectively)
Least: Worcester, Providence, Springfield (All New York oddly enough...)

I Suppose it's accurate enough. My Mother is from North Carolina and my Dad from California...

Most similar: Miami/Hialeah, Pembroke Pines and Honolulu

Least similar: Pittsburgh, Detroit and Akron

Most Similar: Santa Rosa, Sacramento, and Reno
Least Similar: Newark/Paterson, Philadelphia, and New Orleans

Most Similar: New York, Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines (Both are in Florida, which doesn't make much sense, seeing how New York was spot on; I'm from NYC :>)
Least Similar: Grand Rapids, Jackson, Toledo (In Michigan, Mississippi, and Ohio state respectively)

Most similar: Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Toledo.
Extremely accurate! I live in Michigan. :D

I got California, Texas, and Alaska. I guess I'm alright with that... I guess...

Most:Arlington,Baltimore,Washington DC
Least: St. Paul,Milwaukee,Detroit

I've never even been to any of those places... Not even sure about how I answered the questions...

Most similar: Phoenix, Chandler/Gilbert, Mesa/Tempe
Least similar: Jackson, New Orleans, Baton Rouge

I actually live in the Pacific North West. ^^

Also from the UK, I got;
Most Similar: New york, Yonkers, Jersey City
Least Similar: Des Moiines, Akron, Dayton

Which I find funny since while I was in NY/NJ no one knew what I was saying, ever.

Most Like: Aurora, Milwuakee, and Rochester. All northeast and the rest of my family and I live in either California or Oregon. :l
Least Like: Shreveport, Jackson, New Orleans. All southeast. I could see that.

Most similar: Las Vegas/ North Las Vegas, Sunrise Manor, Paradise/Spring Valley
Least similar: New Orleans, Baton Rogue, Pittsburgh

I live in Washington state but was born in Cali.

Last edited:
most similar: San Jose, Honolulu, Miami
least similar: Milwaukee, Toledo, Detroit

i live in canada so idk

Last edited:
Wow this is so cool! I was most like Rockford, Aurora, and Fort Wayne. For the least, I was Boston, Worcester, and Providence. I was definitely highlighted red in Western PA. Which is where I grew up. Now I don't prefer to say yinz, n'at, wush/warsh (wash) etc. But I can understand all of it. I live in California now and most people don't know words I have a habit of saying such as: hoagie(sandwich sub), buggy (Shopping cart), gum band (rubber band), slippy (slippery), highway vs freeway, pop (soda), What're (what are), creek (river), spicket(water tap spigot), sweeper (vaccum cleaner), and many more! Needless to say, its a part of me I'm proud of :)

Most - Tulsa, Oklahoma City and Brownsville
Least - Minneapolis, Milwaukee and Grand Rapids

I live in New Jersey. Most of the way I talk is influenced by the people I talk to online all around the world and it's quite mixed. No I don't say New Juhzee, I say it out as it sounds prancing each syllable. Another thing is, when people talk to me and they have a different accent I don't notice it. The only accents that really stand out to me is anyone in the UK (but this is also because I really love british culture). So, I dunno. I don't think it's that accurate considering I've never been to the south, or mid-north.

Most: Boston, Worcester, Providence
Least: Detroit, New Orleans, Akron

Weird, while it's true that I grew up in Boston, I dont think I have the same dialect as the people around me? The only reason why it chose those three for Most was because of my answer "rotary."

Least: Grand Rapids, Rochester, and Fort Wayne.
Most: Irving, San Antonio, and Houston.

All of the most ones are in Texas and I live in Texas.

Last edited:
Back