Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll
Voodoo Doll
The Grass-type is my favorite of all 19 types of Pokémon, so I thought I'd make a thread to see which Grass-type Pokémon are your favorites.

Cacturne and Gourgeist, and their pre-evolutions Cacnea and Pumpkaboo, are at least aesthetically two of my favorite Pokémon in general regardless of type. Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist obviously appeal to my love of Halloween since they're jack-o'-lanterns, and my love of Cacnea and Cacturne are related to that as well. Before Generation 6 came out, Cacnea, especially with its orange shiny, felt like the closest thing to a jack-o'-lantern Pokémon so I latched onto it. Cacturne being based on a scarecrow is also neat. Unfortunately Gourgeist has a limited moveset and its movepool is full of Special Attacks that are useless given its stat spread, so it's pretty monotonous. Meanwhile, Cacturne has great offensive stats but its HP, Defense and Special Defense are practically non-existent and it's ridiculously slow.

I'm also particularly fond of:

- Breloom: The Grass/Fighting typing is nice and its access to the very useful Spore, to guarantee Sleep status on opponents, is awesome.

- Decidueye: Both forms of Decidueye are cool in their own ways. I have a fondness for archery so the standard Decidueye is appealing, and the Hisuian form has a neat, Autumnal appearance with a nice design.

- Dipplin: I really like the idea of the candy apple evolution for Applin. I'm particularly fond of the shiny coloration since it evokes caramel apples.

- Exeggutor: Back in the Red/Blue/Yellow days, I liked its Grass/Psychic dual-typing and thought the design was neat, and I've continued to like it throughout the years. I appreciate that they gave it an Alolan form that actually fits its coconut tree concept better.

- Flapple: While Appletun is cool in its own way, I've always preferred Flapple of the two original Applin evolutions.

- Hydrapple: Very cool concept and design.

- Meowscarada: While I can understand people being disappointed that Sprigatito's final evolution wasn't a quadripedal cat, I do like the masquerade mask and overall design they went with for what it is.

- Rowlet: My favorite first-form starter Pokémon. It's just a precious, adorable borb.

- Sawsbuck: The different seasonal forms concept is really neat. It's a shame that the 3DS and Switch games don't include seasons so that the same Sawsbuck can't transition between the different forms, but regardless, it's still cool. Obviously favor the Autumn one, but they're all neat.

- Serperior: Cool design and the Contrary Hidden Ability is fun to use.

- Scovillain: Aside from Hearthflame Mask Ogerpon, Scovillain has the unique distinction of the Grass/Fire dual-typing. I also like the overall design, and I'm fond of spicy food, so I appreciate that it has hot peppers for heads.

- Trevenant: Just overall cool on a conceptual level. The Ghost/Grass dual-typing ties into the neat dead tree design, it has the Forest's Curse move that ties into its lore, and its shiny is awesome for Autumn.

- Torterra: The Grass/Ground dual-typing is fun, as is the general design with the tree growing atop its shell. While I love penguins, I honestly tend to flip-flop between Torterra and Infernape when playing Sinnoh games and usually opt for Torterra.

- Vileplume: I've always been fond of Vileplume since the Red/Blue/Yellow days. While I do like Venusaur, Vileplume having the same Grass/Poison dual-typing made it an easier choice to pick Squirtle or Charmander as the starter. I've always liked the Rafflesia design too.

- Wo-Chien: One of the coolest designs of the entire Grass type, I think. It's an otherworldly-looking snail creature made of dead leaves, with the Tablets of Ruin forming its shell. I feel like it would fit right into something like Jim Henson's Labyrinth. It's so awesome.

Well, that was a pretty long post. But yeah, I just really like the Grass-type.

How about you? Which Grass-types do you like the most?

I admit I was one of the people that didn’t like Sprigatito’s final evolution but now that I’ve been Pokemon Violet for awhile and using it, I like and appreciate Sprigatito’s evolutions and designs. Meowscarada makes me think of Lynette a little from Genshin (she has cat ears and she is a magician).

My favorite grass pokemon are:
Shroomish and Breloom: Shroomish I always found to be cute; I love its face especially. Breloom was one of my favorite Pokemon to use 🙂.

Bulbasaur: I really like its design and I think it is really cute ☺️. I don’t think I ever used it much though in all of the games that I’ve played (but I may have and just don’t remember since it has been a long time since I started playing Pokemon).

I haven’t gotten a chance to use it yet, but I think Appletun might be another possible favorite. I think it has a really interesting design. The apple themed moves it has too seem pretty interesting too!

That’s all I can think of for now. I keep finding more that I like so I’m sure my list of favorite grass and other types will continue to grow as I play more 🙂

Ogerpon is and will always be my #1. 💚
1017Ogerpon-Teal_Mask.png

Different forms, cuteness, power, a relatable backstory... it has everything!! OMG, if I had a stuffed Ogerpon I would die happy. X)

Oh yeah, the Dipplin evolution line too!

I like a lot of Grass type Pokemon.

Let me start with the Gen 1 Grass/Poisons

Venusaur
1722639756422.png

And Victreebel!
1722639795407.png

Both of them give me fond memories. Mega Venusaur is also pretty cool.

Let me now jump to my overall favourite Grass type, Ferrothorn. I love Ferrothorn because of its defensive abilities. It saved me countless of times. Its Grass/Steel typing was very unique in Gen 5 and I liked playing with it often.
1722639894925.png

Also in the same gen was a starter that I also like a lot...Serperior. Its a Grass snake. What can I say?

1722640026852.png

Serperior is pretty my current favourite starter tied with this guy...Decidueye

1722640096321.png

Not the Hisuian form, the Alolan version. Its shadow hunter theme makes it my favourite Alolan starter. Spirit Shackle is still one of the coolest move names imo

All 5 of these make up the top 5 usually. Ferrothorn is still my favourite Grass type so far. It may change like gens though. Overall Grass is a pretty solid typing, especially when paired with other types.

If I had to pick a favorite grass type Pokemon.... well, that's a tough question. So I'll try to narrow it down to a top 10:

Tangela
Chikorita
Bellossom

A couple hnorary grass types from the TCG:
Pinsir
Scyther

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur

And my top 2, but I can't decide:

Vileplume
Venusaur

I don't really care much for Grass types since Fire is my favorite Pokemon type (aside from Dragon), but if I had to choose I'd say Rowlet. Not only did I have him as part of my avatar for awhile on this site, but Ash's Rowlet in the anime was super strong! 😤

Back