• The Bell Tree Fair 2024 has arrived! For the forum's twentieth year, the event's theme is a birthday party for The Bell Tree! From dozens of tasks, contests, puzzles, and more earn tickets to buy new collectibles, old collectibles, and custom-made physical prizes (the most ever!). Thank you for helping us celebrate this community milestone and good luck!

Your funniest catchphrases and greetings!

PemaGrey

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
A few of my favs:
Mom jeans
Spider veins
Saddle bags
Training bra
Moth balls

Greetings:
Your mom shops at Kmart
What's that smell?
You really wore that?!

Let 'em rip! I'm outta ideas! Lol
Post automatically merged:

I forgot Hammertoe and Panty lines. Lol

all of my villagers greetings are polite and peppy, usually with 2 exclamations behind them, since they add another one on most of the time. it’s really annoying if you add no punctuation they don’t add it on automatically but if you do they add in on for you. that really ought to be patched. i like to have variety in my villagers so i find it really numbing whenever they all say the same thing—so all of their catchphrases are orignal.

The only good one I have is Merengue's greeting which is Good Danish! as in Good Day to You! sort of thing.

I like to give my lazies “stoner” greetings (I had three lazies at one point. Oh boy...)

So their greetings would be like “wassup?” and “hey maaan”, and their catchphrases were “dude”, “bro” “chill out”, etc....

Last edited:
The greetings I give them are just random. I have more fun with the catchphrases.

Cranston is "mine" like the seagulls in Finding Nemo.

Raymond just has "nyan"

Diana has my favorite and I'm never changing it. Her catchphrase is "for real doe"

I love giving my villagers funny catchphrases/greetings!! Here are some of my favs:

Flora's catchphrase is "THONK"
Judy's catchphrase is "uwu"
Ankha's catchphrase is "sis"
Sly's catchphrase is "........slime man" (the meme)
Diva's greeting is "Nerd alert"

Most of my catchphrases are original now, but I used to have Fang say "then I peed!" Which makes some conversations pretty funny :)

Some oldies
EdjevAvU0AANU6a

EaQCKJ3VAAAQiSQ

EZnMLNuU0AAg4J5

EY4QXz2UwAAYouO

EYjhhnQVcAEKWPJ

On my island, I secretly pair up Poppy and Marshal as a couple, and I've given them greetings based on that.
Marshal's greeting is "Shhh... Don't tell Poppy..." and Poppy's is "What did Marshal say to you?" and I thought it's really funny and cute ☺

Kabuki always complains that his back hurts when he is crafting, so I changed his greeting to "[my name] Come give grandpa a back massage!"

Roscoe's greeting is "Call me daddy!" because he is my in-game dad :3

Oh, and Dom's greeting is "Stop checking out my ass!"

I have a big list in my journal but my faves are...
Chimpstix
Monkeylumps
Gorilla my dreams
Taterchimps...I have 4 gorillas after all
Hamlet...hamchops
Beau...Mincemeat
Melba...dingopups, fair dinkem (not sure if that's spelled right...our aussie friends will know)
Tbone...Here's the beef!
Hippeux...you go girl

all of my villagers greetings are polite and peppy, usually with 2 exclamations behind them, since they add another one on most of the time. it’s really annoying if you add no punctuation they don’t add it on automatically but if you do they add in on for you. that really ought to be patched. i like to have variety in my villagers so i find it really numbing whenever they all say the same thing—so all of their catchphrases are orignal.

This drives me crazy too! I don't know why it's like that but it's really jarring.

Raymond’s catchphrase is simp and Sherb has I’m baby, which has spread. Erik had a not so savory one but it was pretty cute coming out of his mouth except he then taught it to maple and it was not so cute ._. Maple eventually learned I’m baby from sherb so we good now

i don't have too many custom ones right now. tank calls me broski, because he seems like the biggest chad in the history of AC (i don't know how many times he's gotten mad at for being cocky). and lobo calls me sweet pea - his old manness seemed to fit it, and it reminds me of lee from the walking dead telltall series a lot. that's so far the only custom greeting. the phrases, however? i always struggle to make one perfect for the personality of the villager i'm talking to, so i really hope i did them some justice.

chrissy says mon amie for her catchphrase, it just seemed to fit her better than my other ideas. sandy's catchphrase is dearie, because she's such a sweet bird <3

I don’t change their catchphrases because I don’t like how it spreads around. Most of my villagers say “Here comes (their name)” for their greeting. I made Vivian’s greeting “It’s Liv and Viv!” Raymond’s is “Checkmate”

I don’t change their catchphrases because I don’t like how it spreads around. Most of my villagers say “Here comes (their name)” for their greeting. I made Vivian’s greeting “It’s Liv and Viv!” Raymond’s is “Checkmate”

i had no idea what everyone was talking about when they said the catchphrase spread around.. until opal called me sweet pea today. now i feel very conflicted :c

Fang greets me by saying Howlin' :) It's not super funny or anything but I chuckle every time he says it because he's always going on about you kiddos this and that so "Howlin'" coming from him feels like a dad joke lol. He asked me to change it a few times but I always say no and he always says it's ok he probably won't remember the new one anyway :ROFLMAO:

I changed Zucker’s greeting to “Honk honk honk...” as many times as honk would fit, and he sounds pretty funny when he actually says it :)

I started having villagers greet me with things like..

Best friend ever
Bestest buddy
Fairest of them all
I just love you.

It's really cute.

Back