Confetti
Island
Newgrounds
Spirit Candy: Pale Wix
Black Feather
Dark Easter Egg
Spirit Candy: Wix
Final Boss Feather
Oh my goodness... A new art thread by Zelda?!

I've thought long and hard about this, and I figured a new art thread was due since the day I made one way back in 2022 (shortly after I joined TBT). While it was an integral part of documenting my artistic journey, I think is a little outdated; I was very self-deprecative in my posts, I made some questionable pieces, and I cringe so unbelievably hard at my old works. 😭

However, I'd like to dedicate this thread (or at least the OP) to how I strive to better my art, while appreciating the creative processes I've gone through over the years. I think when mastering any hobby, it's important to look back at how you've improved while also aiming to be the best you possibly can.

Also, I'd like to give a BIG thank you to everyone who followed my last art thread, who complimented my pieces and overall encouraged me to continue pursuing my dream of making art. I think without TBT, I would've been so discouraged and dropped the hobby entirely. You guys rock! 🖤

Before I get to posting my art, here are some little points I'd like to mention:
- As of this post, I draw on my tablet using the Sketchbook app. While it's notorious for being a poor and bare-bones art app, I've gotten accustomed to it (and my poor, old-ass tablet probably couldn't handle anything more advanced and GB-heavy). I also draw with my finger, though I'd like to own a stylus and a drawing tablet (as well as a better art program...) someday.
- No critiques, please. I mostly draw for fun and I'd like to work on my art at my own pace.
- I draw both digitally and traditionally, but I prefer the former. Traditional drawings will also be less frequent as of this post, since I mostly doodled in school and I've graduated by now.
- As for what I draw... Uh, whatever I want. XD I mostly stick to anthros (like Animal Crossing OCs) since I have trouble drawing humans AND animals. I also enjoy drawing facial expressions and putting random, niche references in my works, heheh.
- I'd like to try drawing and improving on different things that will improve (or change?!) my style. I'm thinking poses, anatomy, inanimate objects, detailed backgrounds, and—my biggest priority—hair. How I'm gonna attempt to draw these without disgracing my artistic integrity... Ahh, you tell me.
- Finally, I need to learn how to be gentle with my works. It's true that we're our own worst critics, but I look back at the olden days regretfully with how I treated myself and my art. No one is perfect and I should be more proud of what I create. :)

If you read every single word of my convoluted post... Congrats! Here's a cookie. 🍪

Now that all of that's out of the way, we can get to the good part... Because I already shoved in enough words, I'll only put a few drawings and post the rest another time. For now, I'll post my TBT Fair entries and a few bonus drawings!

I drew my AC:NH rep, Zelda, for my avatar for the Birthday Suits event. It was my first time drawing them and I think it turned out well, especially the hair! (I used a filter and a confetti graphic using Canva, BTW.)
Untitled design.png

Here's my Cordial Invitations entry. I used another drawing I made for @/Suguri as a reference (which I will also add in a spoiler below), since I drew certain elements from that piece here. I like how I drew the balloons and Bob's expression. 🎈
1725389663109.png

1725389682939.png

And here's my Magnificent Memories entry. I procrastinated on this heavy since I was feeling physically sick, burnt out, and dealing with real-life things during the Fair, which ultimately sapped me of my motivation. But I felt bad about it, since Suguri made such a lovely entry about me. With enough self-kicking, I managed to squeeze out this drawing right before submissions closed. It's not the best piece since I put myself in such a strict time crunch and didn't have the time to add more detail, but I think it's the idea that counts. 💜
1725389616315.png
This is super last-minute and I almost considered not drawing this due to burnout/fatigue, but I couldn't leave my special someone hanging.

I've been active on TBT for two years. While everyone I've interacted with has shown me nothing but kindness, there's one user in particular who has a special place in my heart: @Suguri, ma cherie.

In this drawing, I put our "main" OCs, Char (me) and Crisp (Suguri). They're both holding certain collectibles, which are the same ones we have gifted each other.

We haven't exactly made it public, but... We're dating! (//w//) Even if we haven't known each other for that long, something just clicked. I cannot believe that I managed to find someone who kind, loving, and caring. We talk every day and Suguri is always there for me. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Suguri has also gifted me some wonderful and sentimental collectibles; When I was missing my late mother, they had sent me a Mother's Day Carnation and a Mom's Plush. I literally cried when I got the little gift notification. I was so touched, and I'm lucky to have them in my life.

Like in the drawing, I'm glad we met. I didn't think I'd meet my love on TBT, but that's my Magnificent Memory. I love you!!! 💜

I did this sketch last night, and I thought it was too good to leave for the next post. I wish I knew what I was going for with this piece, but my tired brain was probably just doing whatever. 😂 I like how I drew Crisp in particular!
1725389847034.png

Last month, Suguri and I did an art collab for @/BTCircley's birthday. I had a lot of fun drawing his characters! I struggled drawing Hershey (the cat) since I originally used colored lineart and it messed up the whole thing, so I had to go over it in black. T^T
1725390978453.png

That's all I have for now. See you in my next post!​

Last edited:
Ay! Thanks for the cookie! *gobble gobble chew smack* It was real tasty! 😋 And sorry for my critique in that old thread of yours. I feel pretty embarrassed now. (///w///) Oh yeah, I LOVE that beginning part! Especially when you said you were not going to be self-deprecating and stuff. So true! In my opinion, at least.

And that last drawing was very amusing. XD (Not the BTCircley one, the one above it.

Ahh, no worries! Constructive criticism can be very beneficial, so I think it's the thought that counts. <3 And I'm starting to see art in a different light, so of course I had to reflect it in my post!

Yes, I'm still trying to figure out what that drawing is about, haha. Maybe Crisp is starting to uncover more of Char's music tastes... "This is the stuff you listen to?!" XD

Back