• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

ZenMarket review and haul!

Coach

mr struggle
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
5359-8382-5309
Fly Agaric Mushroom Lamp
Death Angel Mushroom Lamp
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Golden Mushroom Lamp
Viridis Mushroom Lamp
Red Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
This is my first blog post, so it probably won't be very good but oh well. I thought I'd try it out since there is a lack of information on services like these! Please note: I only used the site to bid on auctions, and that is mainly what this guide is for!
I've been interested in services like these for a long time, and it seemed like this one was the best value for money. Therefore, I found some items I wanted to bid on, added some funds and then began to bid!

To bid, you need to have the funds in your account. (This is to prevent people bidding out of their price range and then not being able to afford the charge) If you are outbid, you will be refunded. A 300 yen charge is applied to each item you bid on, on top of the item price.

If you win an auction, you will be notified and the shipping cost from the seller to the ZenMarket warehouse will be taken from your funds.

Once in the warehouse, you have 45 days to get the item into a package and shipped out before an additional fee - plenty of time really!

You are allowed to select the shipping you would like, and your package will be made. You will then be asked to pay shipping, and that is it! It will arrive in no time. There is an estimator that will tell you a general price if you input the weight and size it is likely to be.

I will definietly use this service again! The communication is great and the prices were very fair compared to competitors.
Here is what I got in my first order! It cost me about £30, which is great compared to the ridiculous ebay prices.

l94WuBU.jpg

Everything I got! 3 plush and 1 small figure.
xwfrnKg.jpg

This was a nice surprise ; Aurora came with some extras! An e-reader card, stickers and a collectors guide.
wSr7vr3.jpg

Copper and Booker can remove their hoods!

These weren't even what I was originally going for, I just got lucky with some great stuff after the other things fell through.
I had a lot of concerns and questions when I began to use ZenMarket, so here are just a few of them.

How much should I deposit? - This depends on what you are purchasing. Personally, I had to input a little extra money after my package cost was higher than expected. If you plan to use the service again, you should probably just deposit higher amounts to make the money depositing fee slightly less. Calculate the total and maybe give a bit of extra just in case shipping is higher.

How much will domestic shipping cost? - This is the shipping to the warehouse from the seller. In some cases, it will state it in the item description. If it doesn't you can click 'Ask a question about this item' and the site will ask on your behalf. If you are worried about the costs because of the above question, you could always ask for shipping costs before depositing money.

How much will my items weigh? - This is almost impossible to answer, but try weighing an item of similar size that you may own. There is also a general estimation for some items available on the site.

What is the difference between a Sniper Bid and a normal bid? - The only difference is that, with a Sniper Bid, you can cancel it later if you change your mind. For this reason, I opted to use the Sniper Bids!

How did you find items? - This is the only place ZenMarket is lacking. I used a different site (Jauce) to find items. You can just copy paste the auction url into ZenMarket. Some things can be searched for in english, some only show results in japanese.

So, how many costs do I have to pay? - On paper it may seem like a lot, but it really isn't! I will give an example.

Notebook costs 300 yen. Add the service charge (300 yen) and a domestic shipping fee (Lets say 140 yen) - This adds up to 740 yen. Shipping will seem expensive (890 yen at a high point), but if you are buying more than one item it seems a lot less.

That is just a few of the questions that I had. The ZenMarket team was happy to answer any questions I had!

Thank you for reading, I hope this has helped! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Back