Confetti
Switch
2944-5199-8685
Flower Glow Wand
Invader
Tetris Grid
Pinky
Heart Glow Wand
I seem to really enjoy making things difficult for myself, so, inspired by the task in Camp Bell Tree, I've decided to set myself the goal of drawing all 80 fish in acnh!
I'm planning this to be a long term task for me to do in my spare time, but I thought it'd be cool to document my (slow) progress in a thread on here 😊

I'm trying to draw the fish in a more realistic style, but still include elements of the stylised designs from the games.

I'll update the post below every time I complete an entry, and keep a counter on this post as I go:

Progress made: 5/80

The Encyclopaedia:

fin.jpg

Size: ~10cm
Caught: 27/1/22
Fun Fact: Their bright colours are associated with the males at breeding time, and they uniquely reproduce by using a mussel's gill cavity to carry the eggs!

fini.jpg

Size: ~13-15cm
Caught: 3/2/22
Fun Fact: Found in the rivers and streams of East Asia, its diet consists of zooplankton, invertebrates, fish and debris.

Final crucian carp.jpg

Size: 15-30 cm
Caught: 4/7/2022
Fun Fact: Found in central Asia and Europe, the Crucian carp is the most hypoxia-resistant fish known currently, and can survive without oxygen for days to months under ice. This is primarily due to the production of ethanol in anaerobic respiration of skeletal muscle, reducing glycolysis-induced acidosis.

dace lrge.jpg

Size: 15-20cm
Caught: 6/7/22
Fun Fact: The dace is actually a general name for a large number of species in the Cyprinidae family. In the Animal Crossing series refers to the big-scaled redfin, AKA the Japanese dace/ugui.

snakehead-BelieveInKittens2.jpg

Size: ~90-100cm
Caught: 23/8/21
Fun Fact: Aggressive, especially when protecting their eggs. Known to even attack humans.

Last edited:
those all look so cool!! i especially love your pale chub and bitterling drawings. looking forward to seeing how you draw the rest! 💗

This is such an amazing idea! All of your drawings so far look so amazing, and I especially love the colours of #1 and #2. I can't wait to see the rest of your fish! 🐟

those all look so cool!! i especially love your pale chub and bitterling drawings. looking forward to seeing how you draw the rest! 💗

This is such an amazing idea! All of your drawings so far look so amazing, and I especially love the colours of #1 and #2. I can't wait to see the rest of your fish! 🐟
Ahh thank you!! Yeah, doing the colours of them is a fun challenge 😊

Did not mean to take this long between posts, but this uni semester has been absolutely hectic ;-;
Should finish the criucian carp later this evening though, just working on the fins now:
tail fin unfinished.jpg

Entry number 4 is complete: the Dace!
dace lrge.jpg

dace close up lrge.jpg

The scales for the dace were really fun to draw : )

Fun Fact: The dace is actually a general name for a large number of species in the Cyprinidae family. In the Animal Crossing series refers to the big-scaled redfin, AKA the Japanese dace/ugui.

Long time since I've posted here! I still am planning to continue this challenge long term, but in the past year I was forced to take a break as I didn't have access to my art supplies for a decent while due to irl stuff. I would love to continue this when time allows for it though!

Not actually part of the animal crossing encyclopedia, but I thought it would be cool to post it here, I drew a flathead on Wednesday for my dad's birthday. Specifically I was more looking at Dusty Flatheads. My dad and I have a good memory of going fishing when I was younger and this was one of the more memorable catches I made.

For this drawing though, I used a base coat of watercolours and the rest is in pencil. I made the mistake of drawing with pencil on watercolour paper and only realising after the sketch, because this was quite difficult to not make the colouring look patchy 😭. Thankfully though I'm quite happy with how it turned out! I wasn't able to get the white splotches as bright as I was hoping for, but I still think it looks good!
flatehead drawing watermark ver.png

Also thought it was cool that somehow I managed to draw this as exactly the same size as the one I caught as a kid according to my dad who measured it?? (38cm).

Long time since I've posted here! I still am planning to continue this challenge long term, but in the past year I was forced to take a break as I didn't have access to my art supplies for a decent while due to irl stuff. I would love to continue this when time allows for it though!

Not actually part of the animal crossing encyclopedia, but I thought it would be cool to post it here, I drew a flathead on Wednesday for my dad's birthday. Specifically I was more looking at Dusty Flatheads. My dad and I have a good memory of going fishing when I was younger and this was one of the more memorable catches I made.

For this drawing though, I used a base coat of watercolours and the rest is in pencil. I made the mistake of drawing with pencil on watercolour paper and only realising after the sketch, because this was quite difficult to not make the colouring look patchy 😭. Thankfully though I'm quite happy with how it turned out! I wasn't able to get the white splotches as bright as I was hoping for, but I still think it looks good!
View attachment 571997

Also thought it was cool that somehow I managed to draw this as exactly the same size as the one I caught as a kid according to my dad who measured it?? (38cm).
aaaaaa I'm so happy to see you post in here again!! I'm still blown away by your fishie drawings; the realism is insane!! Your use of colours is also incredible! All of these could definitely be in an actual encyclopedia!!

What a thoughtful gift you made for your dad, and what a neat fish! It's such a cool coincidence that you drew it the same size as the one you caught! 🩷

aaaaaa I'm so happy to see you post in here again!! I'm still blown away by your fishie drawings; the realism is insane!! Your use of colours is also incredible! All of these could definitely be in an actual encyclopedia!!

What a thoughtful gift you made for your dad, and what a neat fish! It's such a cool coincidence that you drew it the same size as the one you caught! 🩷
Aaaaaaa thank you so much Xara, you're too kind 🥹💚 Yeah it was such a crazy coincidence, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Thank you so much again though 😭

View attachment 571997

The details are incredible! 🤩 It looks fantastic! Wow! What a fun challenge idea too! :D I really love what you’ve done so far!

These are awesome. They look so realistic it's stunning. I remember back in my Wild World days, I was inspired to draw a lot of the fish creatures myself (especially sharks) I've been meaning to get back to that myself~

The details are incredible! 🤩 It looks fantastic! Wow! What a fun challenge idea too! :D I really love what you’ve done so far!
Ahh thank you so much Dun!! 😭💚
These are awesome. They look so realistic it's stunning. I remember back in my Wild World days, I was inspired to draw a lot of the fish creatures myself (especially sharks) I've been meaning to get back to that myself~
Thank you so much aaaa 🥹💚 that's such high praise. If you do get back to it I'd love to see them!!

Back