Aquilla's artistic adventures 🎨

I drew a bunch of Bobs for Makoto! I had so much fun experimenting with styles and expressions. I'm glad about this little experiment - I have been so busy with other things that drawing fell off my radar. Hopefully I'll have some more time in the weeks to come.

View attachment 382870
View attachment 382871
View attachment 382872
I think I naturally lean towards a more detailed style, but wanted to attempt something more minimalistic with the little headshots.
I also wanted to dump a wip here. It's completely different and has nothing to do with animal crossing whatsoever but eh 🤷‍♀️ I'm currently working on a meal for Kiwikenobi so here's some wip sushi ~

I love how expressive Bob is! 💖 And I especially love the styles you went for~ they're too good! And dang sushi has never looked SO delectable! 🤤

I love how expressive Bob is! 💖 And I especially love the styles you went for~ they're too good! And dang sushi has never looked SO delectable! 🤤
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback 🥺💜 I’m especially glad you like the sushi - it’s my first time painting food other than still life digitally. I was worried if it looked sushi-like enough 😅

huuuungryyyyy.jpg

Just finished the meal for @kiwikenobi! I thought I'd add it to my little collection here as well ^^
Some maki sushi, miso soup and mitarashi dango ~ what a fun exercise!

Last edited:
View attachment 383489

Just finished the meal for @kiwikenobi! I thought I'd add it to my little collection here as well ^^
Some maki sushi, miso soup and mitarashi dango ~ what a fun exercise!

simply amazing 🥰 you've really outdone yourself with these yum-tastic looking dishes! The level of detail is just out of this world 💞

More recent drawings! ~
red pandadaaa2.png

A red panda as an animal crossing villager ~ Requested in the "draw the user above you" thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pupperina.jpg

Entry for Pupperina's art contest! This is my most ambitious character drawing yet.
Figuring our the lighting and the ruffles on the top were the most difficult part.

Pupperina.jpg

first sketch

flatPupperina.jpg

line art, flat colours, no shading

More recent drawings! ~
View attachment 386774
A red panda as an animal crossing villager ~ Requested in the "draw the user above you" thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 386779
Entry for Pupperina's art contest! This is my most ambitious character drawing yet.
Figuring our the lighting and the ruffles on the top were the most difficult part.

View attachment 386780
first sketch

View attachment 386781
I saw this yesterday and was BLOWN AWAY! you are sooo talented! 🤩🤩

View attachment 386779

View attachment 386780
first sketch

View attachment 386781
Cool to see the initial sketch and color! The clothing is beautiful and I adore your use of flowers (both on your character and the background). The blending and shading are fantastic. :love:

Cool to see the initial sketch and color! The clothing is beautiful and I adore your use of flowers (both on your character and the background). The blending and shading are fantastic. :love:
Ahh thank you so much Mair! 💜 🥰 All this positive feedback means a lot to me.

Phew, finally a chance to sit down and gush about how AMAZING your art is! I looooooove your hydrangea dedication (florals are a real weakness of mine, among hands, feet, folds, and everything else). I am so happy to see your work. It inspires me to improve.
Also, your still-life game is strong. I would love to share a meal with you, because we have similar taste! Hahaha.
<3

Phew, finally a chance to sit down and gush about how AMAZING your art is! I looooooove your hydrangea dedication (florals are a real weakness of mine, among hands, feet, folds, and everything else). I am so happy to see your work. It inspires me to improve.
Also, your still-life game is strong. I would love to share a meal with you, because we have similar taste! Hahaha.
<3
I don’t know what to say 🥺 thank you so much Renn 💜💜💜 I never imagined I could be an inspiration to someone so waking up to this message had me completely floored! I’d love to go for a meal with you haha! Where I live it’s almost impossible to find authentic Japanese food - such a bummer! All I can do is paint it and then go whine to my partner about how much I crave Japanese food 😂

your entry for pupperina’s contest is breathtaking omg. 😭💜
Thank you so much Xara! 💜 You’re always so kind ^u^

SOPHHH your talent is out of this world istg, mind blown 🤯 i love love LOVE your art style, seeing your talent makes me want to get back into drawing, i feel guilty i haven’t made a single piece in the solid 3 months i was gone. you’ve motivated me!

whoever sent you down from the heavens to here on earth, i thank them a million times over. ❤ and i can’t wait for you to open up shop in the future, i promise ill be the first in line to order! i just hope i don’t get trampled by the swarm of people rushing there!

SOPHHH your talent is out of this world istg, mind blown 🤯 i love love LOVE your art style, seeing your talent makes me want to get back into drawing, i feel guilty i haven’t made a single piece in the solid 3 months i was gone. you’ve motivated me!

whoever sent you down from the heavens to here on earth, i thank them a million times over. ❤ and i can’t wait for you to open up shop in the future, i promise ill be the first in line to order! i just hope i don’t get trampled by the swarm of people rushing there!
Goodness me, what to do with so much praise! Thank you so much my dear friend 💜 I’m so grateful I can be an inspiration to some and motivate you to draw. Art means so much to me, so being able to share it with people is incredible 😊 And don’t you worry, I’ll draw whatever you would like in a heartbeat, just let me know what it is you’d like to see!

Long time no post! I thought it would be nice to share all my drawn entries I created for the last event Camp Belltree so that I have them all in one place ~ 😊

Forest:

evergreen flag.jpg

Evergreen Team flag

mothy.jpg

Atlas Moth (Bookful of Bugs)

Ocean:

postcard.jpg
backpostcard.jpg

Tales from our travels

koi.jpg

Koi (Aquatic Album)

While I was quite happy with how most of my entries turned out, I was rather disappointed in my Koi. I worked on it even longer than on the moth - but the colours look muddy and the scales and eyes didn't turn out the way I wanted. I attempted to draw Lilly-pads as well but that was a disaster. I had to submit it like this because I ran out of time (and had already changed it many times). Hopefully I can create something I'm happier with next time around :>

Non event-related art:

tessa1.png

I recently got to draw a new pfp for @thetessagrace which was incredibly fun to draw ^u^
Looking forward to creating more chibis soon ~

Notes to self: add dates to these!!!

Love the moth! Almost looks like it could be a photograph

Long time no post! I thought it would be nice to share all my drawn entries I created for the last event Camp Belltree so that I have them all in one place ~ 😊

Forest:

View attachment 397910
Evergreen Team flag

View attachment 397911
Atlas Moth (Bookful of Bugs)

Ocean:

View attachment 397913View attachment 397912
Tales from our travels

View attachment 397914
Koi (Aquatic Album)

While I was quite happy with how most of my entries turned out, I was rather disappointed in my Koi. I worked on it even longer than on the moth - but the colours look muddy and the scales and eyes didn't turn out the way I wanted. I attempted to draw Lilly-pads as well but that was a disaster. I had to submit it like this because I ran out of time (and had already changed it many times). Hopefully I can create something I'm happier with next time around :>

Non event-related art:

View attachment 397918

I recently got to draw a new pfp for @thetessagrace which was incredibly fun to draw ^u^
Looking forward to creating more chibis soon ~

Notes to self: add dates to these!!!

Each time you post your art, I cannot get over how amazing and absolutely gorgeous it is. I am especially still in love with your postcard! The colors and details are absolutely perfect. And that pearl stamp is so cute and adds a nice touch to it 🙂. I think the fish drawing would be my second favorite not saying that the moth drawing is any worse since it is far from that. Both are so incredible! The backgrounds in both are so good! (Sorry I don’t know how else to phrase how much I like your art better:/). I really like the chibi too ☺️. The chibi is so adorable! Keep up the wonderful work!

Love the moth! Almost looks like it could be a photograph
Thank you 💜 this was my aim so I’m glad you say that! ^^

Each time you post your art, I cannot get over how amazing and absolutely gorgeous it is. I am especially still in love with your postcard! The colors and details are absolutely perfect. And that pearl stamp is so cute and adds a nice touch to it 🙂. I think the fish drawing would be my second favorite not saying that the moth drawing is any worse since it is far from that. Both are so incredible! The backgrounds in both are so good! (Sorry I don’t know how else to phrase how much I like your art better:/). I really like the chibi too ☺. The chibi is so adorable! Keep up the wonderful work!
Oh you 🥺 you always have the nicest things to say! Thank you so much Dunq for your continuous support! I’m glad you spotted the details in the postcard ^^ when I drew the little bubbles around my rep I thought that maybe I am going a bit overboard with it 😂 and I’m happy to hear you like the Koi since I felt rather insecure about it :>

Back