Camp Bell Tree 2023: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20230819_213539_Chrome.png

WUH???? HUH???? I didn't even expect to place at all omg thank you all

This was an insanely fun event and I've not been involved in this forum like this before and I'm already EXTREMELY HYPED for the next camp. Thank you to Kilza for keeping our team in the loop and on track for everything, the mods and project staff for the event, and Justin for enjoying the free entertainment while waiting for this plane to take off. I had so much fun and made great friends 💕💕💕

Congratulations everyone! I for one had a blast during our 4 weeks of camp! As cheesy as it may sound, the real treasure is the friends we made along the way. Our team might not have done the best by any stretch (not that 3rd place is anything to scoff at, but out of four teams...), but we strengthened our bonds with each other over these four weeks. You've just earned yourself a camper for Camp Bell Tree '25.

Thanks so much for all the staff's hard work in making this event possible! I had a blast and I'd love to be around for future events! I'm surprised I even placed in anything, so I'm very stoked about that!

Good job everyone and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves! :blush:

1692497091052.png

how in the world did i get a cabin favourite

shoutouts to everyone on ISC, everyone really banded together to get this win, really happy to have been able to help with it even though my quiz answer was wrong and shout outs to the moon bunnies as well for being super friendly throughout the event! Looking forward to seeing ya'll again for next camp whenever that is

i really enjoyed all the free entertainment!

Ahh I'm so happy that I got two top-three community favorites!! 🥺 Thank you to everyone who voted for my entries, and huge congrats to the other top-three winners as well! The Rainbow Crescent Moon winners are also super well-deserved, excellent work! 🌈🌙

And of course, huge congrats to the ISC!! 🎉✨🐋 You all absolutely crushed it and it was great getting paired with such a lovely team of people!

Of course, thank you so much to staff for taking the time to put all of this together for us, and for giving me the opportunity to spend so much time with so many lovely people! ;v; I was honestly really nervous about joining the Discord, but I'm so glad I worked up the courage to step outside my comfort zone a little bit—I had such a good time spectating streams and playing Among Us, and I'm excited to do this sort of stuff again in future events. I hope you will all be taking some well-deserved rest time after this! Space Camp was an absolute blast hehe and I had an especially good time hanging out with my fellow Moon Bunnies. 🤍 It's been incredible getting to know all of you and I'm happy to have been on the same team with you!
I'm also excited to check out all of the entries done by the Galaxolotls and Actually, Nevermind! ^^ I hope to get to go to camp with everyone again in 2025!! I'll be looking forward to it!

And good luck to everyone entering the raffles! Personally I'll be crossing my fingers extra hard for the star fragment set, but I know a lot of people are going to have their eyes on that Crescent Moon Glow Wand. 👀🤞

There's just one thing though—ever since we got off the escape pods, I feel like I keep catching glimpses of something greenish out of the corner of my eye. That's nothing to be concerned about, is it...?

Everyone, it's getting close to the time to say goodbye to your space-themed Aliens, Stars, Galaxies, Whales, Salamanders, Rabbits, whatever Actually Nevermind has, and your many space-faring villagers on your profiles and signatures. Shinkai (like, OC Shinkai not the real one) will revert to his place in the ocean and no longer sit on this cozy exoplanet he's currently on once I feel like changing it.
(Now where's that Cosmic Drive Key? I swear it was on my desk)

Edit: Guys, the baby that appeared in my house that I showed everyone in the CitB thread is gone. Like, I literally can't find it irl and I'm freaking out-

i am half asleep right now xhsjxnh, but congratulations to the iscs on coming in first! i hope you all had fun these past 4 weeks, i’m excited to see what lineups you all come up with for your galaxy swirls (and rainbow crescent moons!), i know they’re gonna be stunning! 🏆🐋💜

and speaking of rainbow crescent moon… me seeing my name up there!?!

phonto.jpeg

i usually flop so bad during events LOL, i’m genuinely in awe over here 😭 i know it’s just a silly forum event and a little pixel at the end of the day, and i’m probably very annoying for saying this, but i am honestly so grateful to be up there with so many talented and amazing people, and to even be up there at all when all of the entries in each creative event were so beautiful and unique… i can’t believe it. 🥹 thank you so, so much to everyone who looked at and/or voted for my entries, i’ll cherish my rainbow crescent moon (my first special rainbow collectible wtf 🥹🥹) forever! huge, huge congrats to all of the other winners— you are all so wonderful and amazingly talented, i can’t wait to look through the gallery and see all of the galaxolotls and actually, neverminders’ incredible entries!

to my fellow moon bunnies: i know i already said a little of this in our crew’s quarters, but it was genuinely an honour to spend the past 4 weeks with all of you. we may have come in third, but you are all winners in my eyes. you are all so creative, hardworking, talented, kind, and beautiful, and it’s been amazing talking and working with you all, and getting to know you all better! so many wonderful people that i didn’t interact with much prior to camp who i am now lucky to call my friends, and i am forever grateful for that 🤍🤍 even though camp is over now, don’t be a stranger! my pms are open to you all any time 🤍 and thank you to @Mistreil (even though you robbed me 😤) and @dizzy bone for being such wonderful crew captains!

camp has been fun, but i’m honestly looking forward to the excitement dying down and for life to go back to normal a little bit… going to space has been very exhausting for me, a mere traveller, so i can’t imagine how tired staff must be. thank you for the fun as always, but pls find some time to get some rest after this— you need it, and you deserve it 💜

but until then…

Raffle #1: Crescent Moon Glow Wand
2 Winners
177.jpg
i’m screaming, crying, wailing, throwing up, and collapsing over this!!! moon wand pls come here, it’s been 7 years!!!

Congrats, ISC =33

I'm just gonna sit over here in stunned disbelief at being in 3 crew favorites. Absolute disbelief. Honored disbelief? Is that a thing?

I'm so happy of the team I was on and super proud. This was my first Camp event and it's definitely gonna be a hard one to beat. I swear our team had some of the most amazing people that it was an absolute pleasure working besides!!

We made it to 2nd place, Neverminders!! Even if we lost all of our competitive events XD And the Lunar Logic cohesion and teamwork was simply amazing!! Amazing!!!

I wanted to do something nice and leave everyone a succulent... actually, nevermind. I think I might get flagged for spam if I do that >-> So, everybody has to share one little garden of them. No fighting over them, lol.

((I may or may not have an entire folder dedicated to these now. Shush. You saw nothing))

_f2u___my_tiny_garden_by_saikornos_dbp6mb6-fullview.png

Yay!

Congratulations to all of my fellow International Space Cetacean crew members. Our hard work paid off! Special shoutouts to @~Kilza~ for taking the reins and leading us to this victory throughout the course of Camp Bell Tree, @jadetine for your efforts especially in the UFO Findings & Opinings competition, @Cheremtasy for your amazing art that provided us our crew flag and adorable emojis, @seliph's big brain in the Far Out Frequencies department, @Bluelady for her guess in the final round of Count Inside the Bottle that secured second place and helped maintain our lead, and everyone else I had the pleasure of spending these past few weeks with. I loved the camaraderie amongst our crew. While I enjoyed my previous teams from past events, the Froggy Chairs and the Crystal Ballers, I can say that my time with the ISC crew has been my favorite to date. Even if I didn't mention you directly, thank you to everyone who participated and contributed to our victory! Especially all the people who helped us secure both rounds of both the Wishing Star and Scavenging Race events.

Even though everyone agreed that it's really long and we all tended to shorten it to ISC or "the whales", I'm glad that everyone liked my suggestion of International Space Cetacean enough to vote it to be chosen as the crew's name. I'm also pumped that we secured the star fragment for our crew from The Wishing Star event and that my silly pun name is now immortalized as a collectible on the forum.

Thank you to @Mick and @pandapples for being our Staff representative crew leaders. I'm especially glad that we were able to secure the win since @Mick was one of our crew leaders, due to his well-known love of space.

Oh, by the way @Justin, I'm glad that you enjoyed the free entertainment while waiting for your plane to take off.

---

Great job securing second place, Actually, Nevermind crew! You had us worried, and as you can see with the Lunar Logic results, we had good reason to be with you acing the quiz and getting all 25 answers correct!

You did great too, Galaxolotls and Moon Bunnies!

I can't speak too much to the Galaxolotls since we didn't directly interact and I know the least about you as a result, but you won the Wishing Star competition and secured yourselves the Galaxolotl Star Fragment and the cool Galaxolotl backdrop. Great job!

Moon Bunnies, while there were little bursts of tension at some points over the course of camp, overall our crews seemed to maintain cool heads and a friendly rivalry that was enjoyable. It was great to see the love shared between our two crews with the art people made featuring your moon bunny mascot and our space narwhal mascot. Though we were direct rivals for the duration, you made this camp fun!

---

To all the Staff, thank you for all of your hard work putting together this awesome edition of Camp Bell Tree! It was a wonderful way to spend the past few weeks! I hope you all enjoy a nice, well-deserved rest period before the Halloween event rolls around in October.

Until next time!

Last edited:
@Mistreil Looking through the gallery, @lieryl's flag submission is messed up, instead showing on the gallery as the lip-biting emoji, which they included right before their flag. Otherwise, I'm absolutely blown away by so many of these flags, especially for ISC and Moon Bunnies! Incredible artwork, and I was over there making some geometric crap in Tennessine's real-world-style flag maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back