Does anyone else still have a launch day island?

Bilaz

Local Eurovision Fan DA-3870-3754-4899
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Matryoshka Doll
Mine was started on the release date, curious if anyone else still has theirs :D

I have not restarted my island. I went with the very first island ever because I was too eager to play. I was fortunate to enough to get oranges as my native fruit and blue as my airport color the first try, which were my preferences from the start. I no longer play, though, so I can’t say this really counts as “still having a launch day island.”

I didn't get it on launch day, but I still have my original island I started in July 2020.

Mine is still the same one from launch, I started playing the second the digital version became playable.

I still have it from launch and I'll never reset it regardless of how cringy my player and island name is because of the amount of effort I put into it and I cannot let it go to waste.

I still have the same island from launch day I won't ever reset if I just hate a part of my island I terraform it.

I do, yeah. I played exactly at midnight and it shows March 19th than the 20th, haha.
FVxSJ2DUEAEwchh

Not exactly on the launch date of the game, but still around that time. Haven't restarted my island since 2020 and I'm happy with the island layout.
2023012909555600-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I still have my launch day island. It is my main island and will never be restarted. I have recently restarted my second island,

I got my game about 6 days after launch (shipping delays). I no longer have that island, but the current one I have is still a March 2020 island.

Mine, much like Pyoopi's, is technically a March 19th island! Since I'm PST and I got the digital copy, I was able to start playing around 9-10pm that night. I may have taken breaks but I would never get rid of this island. Heck, I still have my first two villagers (Shari and Axel)!

I remember my brother coming in to check out how the game was going, and I was laying in bed half asleep, some of the most blissful I've ever felt, while he had this crazed look in his eyes and his ears were ringing (he was playing Doom Eternal lmao).

I have an in spirit launch day island, to be honest. I really wanted to pick up my game on launch day, but wasn't able to because what was going on in the world. When I got it, I set the system clock one day back to play the intro (the part up until the character names the island) on "launch day". I then changed the clock back to the real time to play my second day.

I got oranges which my my favorite of the fruits and my airport is green which I like. I like my player name which I've used for gaming for 10 years about. If I had to do things over again, I would have gone with a different town name seeing how things turned out with my villagers. I've put too much work and have collected too much to want to reset.

I still have my launch day island. Since then, I've missed a total of 4 days, because I went away for a couple of weekends.

If I could change anything, I'd prefer a blue airport, but the green goes well with my native pear, so that's okay. As for the rest, I've put so much time and effort into building it into just what I want, I couldn't imagine scrapping it and starting over.

I got my copy of the game on launch day, but was particular about the map, native fruit, and airport color and didn't actually settle into what would become my town until a few days afterward. I've kept the same island since that point though.

The concept of restarting and losing all the time invested, items and bells acquired, DIYs learned, houses paid off, etc. has never appealed to me. Since picking the game back up to potentially participate in the current forum Island Blogging event (not sure if I will or not, time's running out and I don't know if I have ten worthwhile enough posts to make about it) I've been considering perhaps making a second town though, if I should ever find myself purchasing a second Switch, but that's as close as I'd get to starting anew. So yeah, it has been an easy choice to just keep the one from the beginning.

326836628_846352579770329_8518652337066497735_n.jpg

I still have the island of Gilligan going.It's kind of ugly because it was my guinea pig island.I wonder why I put down the wrong born on day?

I wasn't able to start on launch day but my island is still dated a week or two later when my copy arrived. I've never reset either of my islands since starting them.

Yes. On the West Coast and started on March 19 at 10pm. I've never restarted a main file AC game.
2nd Island was started 2 weeks later and was restarted for the 2 missing Fruit. It took forever to get Cherries and love that Island layout.

Back