• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Favorite contest from the 2022 TBT Fair?

Which contest has been your favorite?

• Behind the Bookcase

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • Hero's Crossing

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Gorgeous Glades

Votes: 34 37.8%

• Total voters

Midoriya

Flowers always bloom~
Bells
Switch
1119-7626-0996
Island
Sumeru
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Which of the three contests is your favorite, and why?

Personally, my favorite was Hero's Crossing even though I didn't participate in it. I loved reading everyone's stories! : D

Gorgeous Glades
because I was really hoping there would be a ACNH decorating contest this fair and there was!
I was really excited to take my decorating skills to the test and see what everyone else thought of my work and the amount of positive reactions to my entry feels like encouragement for me to continue practicing my interior design skills

I'll vote tomorrow for the fairy dust but my favorite contest was easily Behind the Bookcase! I love working on Animal Crossing book/magazine related stuff, like in the last fair it was the Magazine Mash-up one... it's just a really fun format for a creative project

My favourite was also Behind the bookshelf! I always enjoy art events, and I thought the theme inspired a lot of really creative and beautiful entries 😊

Hero’s Crossing was the most daunting of the three contests for me, but it ended up being my favourite! I really enjoyed writing my story, but I also really enjoyed learning about the Hero’s Journey story structure, how to develop your characters, the different masks characters can wear, motives, etc. 🍄📔 A lot of fun! 🌟

Behind the Bookcase, because it's the only one I could do, but I still enjoyed looking at other's entries in the two other contests.

Gorgeous Glades, I always love the events that involve New Horizons as it encourages me to get back onto the game and visit my island and the themes from the TBT events often help to inspire me when decorating, especially helpful when I’ve been stuck on a mind block of what to do next on the island ☺️

I found the other 2 contests a lot harder as I’m really not an artsy or creative person so they were a lot more difficult to work on (honestly would’ve been very happy if the contest was just Count Inside the Bottle everyday 😆) but I appreciate the participation tickets from them and I always love seeing all the other entries, there are so many amazingly talented people in this community.

i think behind the bookcase was more unexpectedly fun for me - normally the art contests intimidate me, but i loved the theme of this one and really enjoyed making it! Hero’s crossing mightve been my favourite initially though, just because I love creative writing

I took part in all three and i enjoyed them all:

choosing just one i would maybe say the hero's crossing, as someone who is not the best reader/writer i thought id have a go and try a story. I started with a story with my beloved coco and before i knew it i was halfway through my storyline and already 600 words in, after spell checking thanks to mr spellcheck i was at 1200 words, a story about coco complete and submitted. i hope at least one person enjoyed the story as much as i enjoyed writing it and going out of my comfort zone and trying something I'm not the best at!

I didn't get to participate in either of the three, but I did enjoy looking at everyone's entries for gorgeous glades. I love seeing how everyone decorates. 🥰

THIS IS SO LONG LOL i haven’t slept
for me it’s always gonna be the design contest, so gorgeous glades has my whole heart for this fair !! i think i took one look at the contests and forgot about anything but brainstorming enchanted forest ideas.

i went a little unorthodox as i mostly do (or maybe I'm gaslighting myself and my ideas are cookie cutter, i can never tell rip), my ideas always have me asking “lie, is this going to fit the theme you were tasked to represent”, but my entries get accepted in the end so scraping by by the skin of my teeth it is.

oddly enough glades did also take me the longest, this is probably because i am a psycho and i turn arguably the easiest contest into a PROCESS. i literally have so many drafts of different placements, angles, lighting, etc. like i think my behind the bookcase entry also took me a while but man glades had my fulllll commitment and attention (and even after all that i still look and see things i could’ve done better).

this time in particular i was so lost on how to make an overgrown building interior and i just wasn’t getting it for the longest time, but it turned out fine in the end which is honestly the most satisfying part, seeing a loose idea you had in your head come to life after struggling and wondering if it was possible.

sorry for the rant i’ve been meaning to talk about my love for the design events for a while !! this event is an all rounder for me, its so cool to see how people interpret one prompt, it’s an easily accessible event and can be as easy or as hard as you want it to be, and it’s also fun to see how i’ve personally improved as time goes on (i look back at my sleepover at harvey’s and cringe honestly) so i can’t wait for more design events!

Last edited:
Yeah I gotta say Hero's Crossing.

I haven't written anything proper in YEARS, I gave a dumb story for that winter writing event, and I wasn't around at all for last year's Valentines writing. I'm glad this fair I actually had much time to write a story I'm pretty happy with! It was exhausting having to cram it at the last minute, but being able to have my loose thread of ideas come together in the end was satisfying. I just wish I didn't make it as long bc I'm always afraid I might scare people away, but making it any shorter would've ruined the immersion for my story imo.

I wish I started my Gorgeous Glade earlier, I had a good idea and was ready to flesh it out, but between writing a story and other stuff I planned during vacation, I crammed it in the end 🥲 Hehe oh well.

I voted Gorgeous Glades for the ~decoration~ aspects (idk why but I've been really enjoying the ACNH challenges), but I also liked Behind the Bookcase for the crafty aspects.

I wish my handwriting were better though. And that I had cool paper and craft supplies. I think I just never end up having craft or scrapbooking supplies because my handwriting is so terrible, I wouldn't want to waste perfectly good materials on something I write LOL.

Hero's Crossing was fun, but I'm definitely not a long form writer and it shows. I hope whoever read my story thought it was cute though.

Gorgeous glades because it's the only one I could do :v my brain cannot sit down and write a story without getting sidetracked or forgetting everything I wanted to do and giving up, and the book one I had no ideas for

I'm going to have to go with Gorgeous Glades because I had fun making the scene and like how it turned out. I also thought one of the props I used was pretty clever. Granted, I didn't go through every page so I'm not sure whether anyone else had the same prop idea.

I might've said Hero's Crossing but I couldn't finish in time, thus didn't get to submit it and missed out on tickets. As much as I might've enjoyed what I did make, it just kind of leaves a bitter taste in my mouth now.

I had a great time with all, but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Gorgeous Glades! I love the design a room or scene contests and this one was no different. The sky is always the limit and there’s just so much you can do with them. It’s always nice seeing how creative other members are with their designs as well!

Back