Have You Ever Changed your Username on TBT?

How Many Times Have You Changed Your Username on TBT?

• Total voters
I changed mine just recently from deanapants to just deana. Decided I didn't need the pants. For some reason I didn't even think to search if just "deana" was an available username when I joined so I went with deanapants as that's the name I use on discord.

A really simple change but I did do a lot of debating about it before hand. Partly debating if it was worth spending the seashells on it since those are not unlimited and I have a hard time earning bells around here. I also was debating about the name itself, if I should capitalize the letter "D" or not. Lastly, was deciding if I wanted to go for the name "deana" or "deans", a few people I know and my animal crossing villagers call me deans as a nickname and I think it's cute but ultimately decided to just stick with deana.

I changed mine twice since 2013 so that's not too bad. "Noahmeow" needed to be retired.

I have never changed me username and don't plan to in the future. I've used some variation of LadyDestani or Destani as my online and gamer handle for so long that it's become a part of me. I can't imagine being called anything else.

I’ve only changed it once. I use to go by DemonOtaku (I feel the shame just remembering that phase of my life haha), but changed it to NefariousKing when I came back briefly in 2018. I did consider shorting it to just Nefarious, but sadly it's already taken.

nope, never! when i joined my name on almost every website was some variation of 'jellybeans jess' and i guess i didn't want to share my name immediately so just jellybeans it was. i've definitely thought about changing it, but i actually have zero idea what i'd even change it to, plus it's kinda nice to have some reminder of past me who joined this forum in the first place

Several times. The most iconic was part of a staff-wide joke in 2014 where we all took on wizard personas for a day.

I was able to afford it only once and I'm more than happy with my new name. I called myself "Zari" for a long time everywhere, but grew tired of it and didn't like how the short name looked on the forum. That's why I changed it to my current name <:

not sure if there is still a limit but tbt 2.0 used to have one

There used to be a limit on 2.0. There is no longer a limit to how many times you can change your username (probably because it costs 1,200 TBT or seashells each time).

Anyway, I've changed my username 14 times. I went from AnimalCrossingExpert(ACE) to Riley to Space Dandy to Ryu to DoubleR to Spike Spiegel to xRileyx to Shinichi to Izuku Midoriya to Midoriya to Zhongli to Midoriya to Saitama to Midoriya and now Gon. I don't plan on changing it ever again, but I doubt anyone has changed their username more than me. Lmao.

I never have and never will change my username. I've been known as Panda since school because I doodled a lot on my notebook and even on chalkboard just before class and one of my go-to animals was a panda bear. I use the monicker Panda in anyway I can such as my gamertag, and even way back in Animal Crossing Wild World I named my player Panda and it's stuck with every AC game since. I even use it when naming my character in Pokémon, although nowadays I've been going with just their default names/colors associated with what version I'm playing, for example Leaf, Emerald, Crystal, Dawn, Moon and so on.

Panda is a huge part of my life and who I am to ever want to change it. And in a story similar to @Foreverfox back when my husband and I started dating we came up with pet names for one another. I'm his Panda and he's my Tiger 🐼🐯💞

nope, I chose this username back in 2011 because I had just discovered my absolute love of Super Mario 64 shortly after I got a new N64. to this day it's still my favorite game. also I use this username in many other places like Toyhou.se and ImgBB, and everyone knows me by this username, so I don't intend to change it. I feel like it's attached to me in a way :)

I never have! I've considered it but I like the one I chose so I see no reason to change it.

I used to be really obsesssive with Pokémon, so I used to have accounts on other forums like Serebii. Unfortunately the newer Pokémon games didn't resonate with me like they used to in the past, so I left those forums. I still love Pokémon, but around that time I wanted to try other games and expand my horizons (pun intended). I made my account around the time more info on New Horizons came out. I enjoyed New Leaf a lot so I wanted New Horizons to be a more fresh experience with other players. I chose my current username because of my fascination with snakes and among other personal things. My current profile picture, a yellow Runerigus, also reflects my username and love for Pokemon.

Nope! I purchased a name change a bit over a year ago to change it to Michel, but I failed to check if it was already in use (it was, by a user who hasn't been online in 12 years). The username being taken is probably why I named my account Mick when I joined, really. Back then it was a nickname already given to me by English speaking friends for easier pronunciation.

At this point I'm unsure which of the two I like more; "Mick" is just nice and short. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve only changed it once. I use to go by DemonOtaku (I feel the shame just remembering that phase of my life haha), but changed it to NefariousKing when I came back briefly in 2018. I did consider shorting it to just Nefarious, but sadly it's already taken.
bro if we had a mod named DemonOtaku i would actually quit 💀

There used to be a limit on 2.0. There is no longer a limit to how many times you can change your username (probably because it costs 1,200 TBT or seashells each time).

Anyway, I've changed my username 14 times. I went from AnimalCrossingExpert(ACE) to Riley to Space Dandy to Ryu to DoubleR to Spike Spiegel to xRileyx to Shinichi to Izuku Midoriya to Midoriya to Zhongli to Midoriya to Saitama to Midoriya and now Gon. I don't plan on changing it ever again, but I doubt anyone has changed their username more than me. Lmao.

You sure are the name changing champ!

Nope! I purchased a name change a bit over a year ago to change it to Michel, but I failed to check if it was already in use (it was, by a user who hasn't been online in 12 years). The username being taken is probably why I named my account Mick when I joined, really. Back then it was a nickname already given to me by English speaking friends for easier pronunciation.

At this point I'm unsure which of the two I like more; "Mick" is just nice and short. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mick suits you well in my opinion. I almost thought of changing mine to my actual first name (It’s long been taken by a user last active like 13 years ago) but I’m too attached to my current username anyways.

The fact that you remember all of those previous usernames is honestly impressive. Assuming you didn’t have a list written somewhere. 😂

Back