• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Have you ever flattened your island before? Are you thinking about it?

I can't remember how far I went, but the northern top of the island I flattened most of it. This was during 2020 launch. I may have flattened it sometime in summer. Anyway it remained flattened for most of that year. I think I either restructured it late that year or early 2021. I used old screenshots and videos I had taken over the course of that time to piece together how it used to be. It was not worth it. I don't even know why I did it and I didn't even have a plan lol.

I have never done it before, im too lazy, it would take forever. Plus for me when i first started decorating i used the natural landscape instead of starting from zero so i dont know what id do with all that flat land.

I have not flattened my island, I know I would find it way too overwhelming. I do sometimes get the desire to tear stuff down and redecorate, but I have to keep it to one area at a time otherwise I think it would stress me out too much!

i think i’ve flattened my island like 3 ish times? to answer your question, i think i would usually cut my trees down to get materials. my flowers on the other hand would either go on the beach or be sold

I completely flattened my island before I started building. I wanted a flat canvas.

I had some regrets when I very quickly decided to raise half my island.

i attempted to flatten my first island (not sure how far i got with that).

got tired and burnt out by the process of doing so and reset my island. tree-wise, bit of both

nope, i’ve never flattened my island. i don’t think of the existing terrain as anything other than a blank slate. i love having variation in height so i knew from the beginning that i could mold my cliffs into whatever i wanted and i’ve not needed a large flat clearing for any build.

i like when people create huge lakes that look like oceans in flat areas though. i think that looks super cool but it’s not something i would invest time into achieving.

Back