Leak??

Funny i just got the world traveler rumor in new leaf XD
I agree that it seems fake but i have to say all these "leaked" titles are a bit underwhelming. Town founder, Fresh start and world traveler like really? oh well, I am not good with naming things either XD

It’s fake. The image is from a French magazine which just says something like “look forward to seeing Tom Nook and Isabelle in 2019”. Plus the name World Traveller is just a rehash or the BS leak “globe trotter” from April this year
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCros..._4chan_leak_for_animal_crossing_globetrotter/

It's not a French magazine, it's a Spanish magazine. Being Canadian, you should be able to tell French from Spanish, Jake, should you not ;)?

Last edited:
I would be calling this down as a fake too, except we now know there is a Treehouse event on the 1st November after the Smash direct. Likely a coincidence, but we can still hope we get some gameplay right?

No way it's releasing that early on in 2019 though. AC games tend to go for a Fall release (and then get delayed to oblivion)

Naw, the treehouse is to show off some gameplay of the new characters and features that were announced in the Smash Direct.

There might be another direct in November. It’s possible because if you saw my post in this thread, three directs arrived in April of 2014.

It could be an Animal Crossing Direct, a regular Nintendo Direct, or a Nintendo Direct that only focuses on DLC for existing titles, like the president of Nintendo said.

Last edited:
Are these just speculations or are there really (serious) hints that there could be a new Direct?
Also, a normal Direct or a AC only Direct? (I also heard people are waiting for another Smash
Direct in November too).

Would be nice to get some news soon. I mean, after all, it's great to know at least that there is
a AC game for the Switch on the way. Just the waiting for some informations is kinda annoying.
As for leaks in general, I'm always sceptical when it comes to leaks, since there are people out
there who are really good in making real looking leaks.

I just got news today that there will be a Nintendo Direct on November 1st, but it's supposed to be all about Smash Bros.

This is the first time I've seen anything about November 1st, so I don't know.... maybe they will have another after that mentioning Animal Crossing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I dunno, man... at the end of this article, it does say that there will be more info on a few other games directly after the Nov. 1st Smash Direct! :eek: They might throw in another surprise like last time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...-smash-bros-ultimate-nintendo-direct-november

I dunno, man... at the end of this article, it does say that there will be more info on a few other games directly after the Nov. 1st Smash Direct! :eek: They might throw in another surprise like last time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...-smash-bros-ultimate-nintendo-direct-november

"Keep watching after the Nintendo Direct for a Nintendo Treehouse: Live presentation. It will feature live gameplay of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pok?mon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pok?mon: Let's Go, Eevee!, Yoshi’s Crafted World, and Diablo III: Eternal Edition."

I don't think we'll have news for this ND/tree house.

But there was this rumour about a second ND for November, so maybe there?

"Keep watching after the Nintendo Direct for a Nintendo Treehouse: Live presentation. It will feature live gameplay of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pok?mon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pok?mon: Let's Go, Eevee!, Yoshi’s Crafted World, and Diablo III: Eternal Edition."

I don't think we'll have news for this ND/tree house.

But there was this rumour about a second ND for November, so maybe there?

I'm thinking they might tease AC Switch in this one for a few seconds and then say more in detail about it in the next Direct. I just find it pretty weird how this person got the Nov. 1st date correct when there have been heavy rumors for the 5-12th... Who knows, we may get both.

HbHe8kj.png

Okey found this on Tumblr, just gonna say it now that it could be fake but even so what do you guys think about this??

If this isnt allowed then I'm sorry ^^' I just saw it and even thou it may be fake i'm hyped up

I don't see March 1, 2019, in the picture as a release date. I took Spanish classes and passed the CLEP test, so I'm well aware that "para 2019" means "for 2019".

Last edited:
Regarding the upcoming Smash direct, I don't think there will be any AC news in it at all and I don't think the next direct will be announced at it either, however I do believe the rumours that there will be a second direct in November, it'll probably just be towards the end of the month. I'm optimistic about seeing some AC stuff in that one! I'm impressed that the Smash direct was correctly leaked as well. That's always a hopeful sign for future leaks being true. Of course I'm a bit bummed that we couldn't get the general direct first, but hey ho!

I’m saying if the Animal Crossing Direct was announced on the 8th of November, as its close to what that guy said.

I’m still expecting a summer release.

I'm personally still optimistic for the late Q1/Q2 rumour, and I think if we get any more information this year then that will strengthen that hypothesis for me. I think the 8th is a bit too early to announce another direct because from what I've seen, directs aren't announced until like a day or two before it's set to happen.

I just find it pretty weird how this person got the Nov. 1st date correct when there have been heavy rumors for the 5-12th... Who knows, we may get both.
Either this person really knows something and confounded the date of the Direct or (which I think
is more likely) it's all total coincidence that there is a Direct on Nov. 1st which is however about
Smash. As for those rumors about a Direct for the 5-12th: It's possible, but I'm still sceptical
about it.

Sure, there is still this Nintendo Treehouse thing after the Direct on Nov. 1st, but I doubt that
they would say anything about AC there (also, it wouldn't be then a Direct like this person said).

Fake

I think the release date is too optimistic to be true and it's just the same Nook render as before. The name sounds legitimate though if you look at the other titles :lemon:

Nintendo isn't going to do anything to pull hype and attention away from Smash Bros. right now. I can't validate the authenticity of the second rumored Direct in November, but the Smash Bros one was always a sure thing.

I can tell you right now that any supposed leaks posted to Tumblr will be fake, no questions asked.

Nintendo isn't going to do anything to pull hype and attention away from Smash Bros. right now.

The thing is I don't think anything really would pull hype away from Smash. It might be a cool selling point to do a whole "hey you like these characters in Smash? well here's some info on their games too!" type deal. Obviously that's not what I'm suggesting will happen, it's just that that's the relationship I see between Smash and its represented franchises. It's a little bit different from other cases of shared attention in that regard. I haven't followed Nintendo as a whole as closely as others throughout the year, but it seems to me that they are quite balanced about giving attention to all of their upcoming titles. Pok?mon Let's Go has received an awful lot of promotion through that whole travelling Pikachu and Eevee mascot thing and has seemingly swallowed up Ninty's twitter, and Smash will receive its Direct without stopping all that. I just don't think Nintendo really focuses wholly on a single game at a time.

The fact that Nintendo seems to still think they'll reach their 20 mil units sold predication for the 2nd fiscal year makes that release date not seem so farfetched.
They need to sell at about 15 million switches in order to reach their goal, which I don't see happening with just Let's Go and Smash.

But yeah, I don't see it happening either way.

Nintendo isn't going to do anything to pull hype and attention away from Smash Bros. right now. I can't validate the authenticity of the second rumored Direct in November, but the Smash Bros one was always a sure thing.

I can tell you right now that any supposed leaks posted to Tumblr will be fake, no questions asked.
It’s probably worth noting that they are waiting until the big releases of 2018 comes out first before they bring up the news for Animal Crossing Switch, that’s how I see it.

Back