Taking crochet commissions: would it be allowed here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRocks20

Wowzers!
Bells
Switch
0557-5119-2409
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Violet
Rotating Fool's Egg
Apple (Fruit)
Cake
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
So I had this idea for a while and I'm curious to know whether it is allowed or not. I won't be executing it, but I just wanna make sure.

I consider myself a decent crocheter and I mostly specialize in making amigurumi stuffed toys (see my signature for a link to some of my finished projects). I've seen artists take art commissions and I thought, maybe I can do the same but with amigurumi.

So basically my proposed idea is that I make amigurumi for people who can't crochet it themselves. First they provide a pattern (it must be free, I don't accept patterns that require money to be accessed). Then I follow the pattern and make it for them in exchange for a hundred or so TBT. And here's where it feels iffy for me: later they have to provide me with their address so I can deliver it to them.

There's no RLC involved (except, um, maybe with shipping fees on my part?). However this idea personally gives off real-life-business-ish vibes and I'm not sure something like that is allowed in the forums. If we could trade amiibo cards, would this be accepted?

On second thought, I should probably go to Etsy for that kind of stuff. But managing a shop there is too much time, plus I have school so there’s that. I’ll close this thread since nobody responded to it and I answered my own question…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back