• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

New Wi-Fi rating feature (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty cool

I feel that it's slightly inconvenient, though, having to travel through the profile page, to another page, to another page.

I think you should be able to easily access it next to a person's post

It's pretty cool

I feel that it's slightly inconvenient, though, having to travel through the profile page, to another page, to another page.

I think you should be able to easily access it next to a person's post

Just click their number, it'll take you to their feedback page.

Just click their number, it'll take you to their feedback page.

Plus, if you're not in a wifi board, just press the username -.- I don't see why it's inconvenient to travel to their page. What if a person messaged you and you could just click their username to see their profile?

I have a question regarding angry children and wifi feedback,

If a person gives you feedback which is pretty much all lies, for example "This guy scammed me" then what happens? Isn't that a big unfair? I've just been accused of taking 99,000 from a person when it never even happened? :S what now? Do I just ignore the huge black mark on my wifi rating or will I have to appeal to get it removed?

I have a question regarding angry children and wifi feedback,

If a person gives you feedback which is pretty much all lies, for example "This guy scammed me" then what happens? Isn't that a big unfair? I've just been accused of taking 99,000 from a person when it never even happened? :S what now? Do I just ignore the huge black mark on my wifi rating or will I have to appeal to get it removed?
It's not possible for us to know who is telling the truth, which is why we added the feature. The only thing I can suggest to you is to do a reply rating back to it. And on top of that, saturate your ratings with positive ratings from other people so other people know it was bogus. And if the other person makes stuff up like that a lot, their feedback will be saturated in negative ratings.

It's not possible for us to know who is telling the truth, which is why we added the feature. The only thing I can suggest to you is to do a reply rating back to it. And on top of that, saturate your ratings with positive ratings from other people so other people know it was bogus. And if the other person makes stuff up like that a lot, their feedback will be saturated in negative ratings.

Okay! Thanks for replying. Also, if we were able to provide photographic evidence of something (such as chopping trees or any other thing which causes grief) would that provide aid on getting a rating removed?

I think it's a great feature so far! It's really very helpful to know if someone has traded much before and if they positive trades c:

Is it ok to give people repeat feedback? I haven't tried it yet so I don't even know if it's possible. But say I did a great trade with someone 1 week ago, and then we had another good trade today -- is it 1 rating per user ever or can I rate them again?

Is it ok to give people repeat feedback? I haven't tried it yet so I don't even know if it's possible. But say I did a great trade with someone 1 week ago, and then we had another good trade today -- is it 1 rating per user ever or can I rate them again?

Yeah, you can. It's down to you if you want to do that.

Thanks! Wasn't sure if that would be allowed since it would be abusable, but I had a great repeat trade I wanted to +1.

Ah, so it doesn't change their rating, they only get one point per member -- but still worth doing I think!

Hiya! Just a small idea.
Would it be possible to restrict the wifi rating for new members? So people cannot make an account purely just to give someone bad feedback (I just saw a thread about it) They could maybe need to be a member for 1-3 days?
Or the member needs a certain number of forum posts in order to give someone a rating, to prove they have participated in a trade with someone?

*Slides away*

Hiya! Just a small idea.
Would it be possible to restrict the wifi rating for new members? So people cannot make an account purely just to give someone bad feedback (I just saw a thread about it) They could maybe need to be a member for 1-3 days?
Or the member needs a certain number of forum posts in order to give someone a rating, to prove they have participated in a trade with someone?

*Slides away*

I like the so many days limit suggestion.

The post limit, not so much. Since Retail adds towards your post count, we have members who wind up having around 200+ posts in a single day because they're constantly posting in that board.

I noticed that the wifi thing disappears randomly sometimes, at first I thought it only showed up when I was online but then even though I was on, it didn't show up. Is this just because its still in beta or is there a reason for it? Or perhaps I'm just losing my mind? Lol :p

Edit- like right now I can't see mine.

Last edited:
I noticed that the wifi thing disappears randomly sometimes, at first I thought it only showed up when I was online but then even though I was on, it didn't show up. Is this just because its still in beta or is there a reason for it? Or perhaps I'm just losing my mind? Lol :p

Edit- like right now I can't see mine.

It only shows up in the WiFi related boards. So the Train Station and Retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back