• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Once Upon a Time in Kapalua

Island/Town Name
Kapalua
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Cherry
Native Flower
Mums
I just went over this journal and I have to say that it is AMAZING. I love all the attention to detail (even down to getting villagers that share names with Disney characters)!

I just went over this journal and I have to say that it is AMAZING. I love all the attention to detail (even down to getting villagers that share names with Disney characters)!
Thank you so much!! I got a bit burnt out and adopted my first fur-baby in August, so I took a bit of a break. It feels so good to be back :)

...although I forgot how unlucky I am in hunting for these Disney villagers 🤦‍♀️

3A289741-5047-4E6E-92A9-39B47F080020.jpeg

Kapalua hosted its first “Item Dump” in Ariel’s Mermaid Market this week! I hope everyone enjoyed grabbing some gadgets, gizmos, and thingamabobs!

Update on the Villain area coming soon! 🎃👻

WOW! It all looks so good!! And my favorite is cute little Aurora. She is just too cute! I see I'm going to have to buy another Amiibo. :)

After a very unexpected (and fun) TBT Halloweaster Egg Hunt, I headed back to Kapalua. Whisperings and evil laughter could be heard coming from the villain area!

I decide to investigate. The gate creaks as I enter. Jack and Sally are rousing their fiendish friends for some fun....
7B2B58A9-D1FE-4538-863B-A4D8B762A74C.jpeg

After a 2 week Halloween extravaganza, the villains finally settled back into their normal routines.

Merengue decided that her stay on Kapalua had come to an end. That meant one thing - a good ol fashioned Disney Villager hunt. I needed 5 more villagers.

Loaded with 100 NMTs, I explored countless islands. On my 93rd ticket I was OVERJOYED to find Alice! She’s so cute!
4E882F74-2651-445D-9A52-48AFBEE8BCC4.jpeg

Down the rabbit hole we go! 🐰☕🎂🎩

Alice.JPG

Hurry, hurry! Don't be late for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party! There will be cake, tea, and a bit of Madness. The guest of honor, Alice, has just arrived on Kapalua!

Then, follow the White Rabbit through the maze to get to Alice's house, but don't loose sight of him, or you may be lost in Wonderland forever!
6BAEB35B-DD13-4AF5-BDCB-C1FFE7A25894.jpeg

Huge shout out to @Viridia for making my awesome new signature! Head over to Viridia's TBT Signature Shop to start working on yours!

Last edited:
I’ve always planned to have my villagers learn catchphrases and greetings that their Disney characters say, but have only been able to implement a few. Recently, I was able to teach Flora her catchphrase “fiddle-faddle” 🧚‍♀️
A7AA18EF-22A9-4A37-8115-4C0A5E8906A6.jpeg

Kapalua’s residents are settling in nicely. There was a lot of excitement for Alice’s arrival, which was really cute to see! I think friendships are beginning to bloom!
EC2A315B-A790-4551-A1D1-ADAE71880792.jpeg

CBE4672E-BF61-46D7-AF69-6BB2CACEFF02.jpeg

View attachment 335186
Hurry, hurry! Don't be late for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party! There will be cake, tea, and a bit of Madness. The guest of honor, Alice, has just arrived on Kapalua!

Then, follow the White Rabbit through the maze to get to Alice's house, but don't loose sight of him, or you may be lost in Wonderland forever!
View attachment 335528
Huge shout out to @Viridia for making my awesome new signature! Head over to Viridia's TBT Signature Shop to start working on yours!
Alice looks right at home at her beautiful new island ;;

So I messed up 🤦‍♀️

I forgot that certain villager personalities give you certain reactions. I am only missing 3, and all of them are Snooty-given. I haven’t had a snooty on Kapalua in a very, very long time. I thought about leaving it unfinished, but that would drive me nuts!

I went through the Snooties (lol) and none of them have any type of Disney name. I did note that Queenie would be the best case scenario, but I wasn’t going to hold out hope. Its already a huge pain searching for my dreamies, so I knew I wasn’t going to look specifically for her. I decided I would take the first snooty I came across.

Yesterday, I signed on and Isabelle told me there was someone at my campsite. I COULDNT BELIEVE IT. IT WAS QUEENIE!! After legit begging her to move, she kicked out Anchovy.
BED61EE3-7011-4732-A9D0-BC43FD7635D4.jpeg

The others were pretty sad about Anchovy leaving, which made it that much worse.
On a side note; I’m really glad I decided on my dreamies before getting seriously attached to anyone.
4894EE1E-71AE-4D91-8D22-58544C22F34B.jpeg

Another bump in the road to island completion, but I’m excited to add another goal to my list!

Buzz Appreciation Post :)

Buzz is a great friend to the other residents of Kapalua. He is actually a very social cranky villager! He is always calling me kiddo, which just melts my heart. He makes me laugh and I've really enjoyed building our friendship!

I wasn't shocked when he was the other party-goer at Queenie's birthday! He was having a blast and I was so smitten with him in his black tie attire!
Birthday.JPG

Seems like he and Alice are close buddies already. The dialogue between the two was so cute to witness during their hangout!
BuzzJPG.JPG

The Toy Story Toybox completely transformed during Kapalua's Fall 2020 Renovation! I mean, we now had to fit Buzz's house in there! We needed so much room that I created a new spot on the second level of the island via terrforming. I can't wait to show you Toy Story Toybox 2.0.
Here's the before picture from July 2020:
B&W.JPG

And here it is now!!!!!!

....wait a second...ANDY'S COMING!!

Til next time ;)

Andy’s gone - the coast is clear!
Toybox 2.0.jpg

Welcome to Buzz’s new Toy Story Toybox! Warning - he may have a bit of a springy ride-on obsession. He loves exploring this area and is often found playing in the sandbox!

ToyBox House.jpg

We moved his house to the second level and added some cool space items! He particularly loves watching the asteroid spin around.
We are very excited for Christmas on Kapalua - as we can look for our friend Rex
Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 10.07.53 AM.png
If anyone has seen him - let me know!!
There have also been whisperings of Evil Emperor Zurg
Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 10.13.31 AM.png
returning to seek vengeance on Buzz!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Kapalua's residents had a wonderful time cooking and eating this Thanksgiving! I was honestly shocked that all 6 of the Disney villagers were in the town square waiting for me to whip them up some yummy food!
Thanksgiving.jpg

I enjoyed collaborating with Franklin - the secret ingredients were a fun touch!
Cooking.jpg

The finished products looked amazing!!
Foodz.jpg

However you celebrated - hope you enjoyed!!

Back