• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Overplayed songs

maple22

a huh huh huh
Bells
Arcade Tokens
What songs?new or old?are you tired of hearing?
I personally am sick of Hotel California, Shape of You, anything by Maroon 5 (especially their newer stuff), Don't Stop Believin', Sweet Home Alabama (as well as the equally awful Kid Rock version), and Royals.

I don't voluntarily listen to the stations that would play those types of songs. Unfortunately, I'm often out in public places that have Adult Contemporary blaring from the speakers 99% of the time.

Old. Town. Road.
I can see if they play Lil Nas X's newer songs like Panini or something- but I'm tired of hearing the song, and I'm tired of him making remixes for it. I was sitting in my car yesterday waiting for my mom, and the song came on the radio. I switched it to a different station and the previous song had just ended and then that station started playing the song. Tired of the song, but not tired of him making his music.

Old. Town. Road.
I can see if they play Lil Nas X's newer songs like Panini or something- but I'm tired of hearing the song, and I'm tired of him making remixes for it. I was sitting in my car yesterday waiting for my mom, and the song came on the radio. I switched it to a different station and the previous song had just ended and then that station started playing the song. Tired of the song, but not tired of him making his music.

I agree so much. I live in Texas, and the remix with Billy Ray Cyrus gets played nonstop here. Every time I hear the song come on I want to grab whatever radio it’s playing out of and chuck it somewhere far, far away. <.<

Sweet but Psycho by Ava Max.

It's played literally all the time on the local radio stations in my area, and although I love the song... It gets annoying after a while... :s​

"Thank u, next" from Ariana Grande.
I already can't stand her, so when they played her song(s) nonstop..
let's just say I felt like removing the radio in the car of my boyfriend secretly
during the night so that he couldn't annoy me anymore with it, as he liked it
and never let me skip it, ever.

You Don't Know Me - Jax Jones.

I swear this song follows me and I've disliked it from the first listen.

"Thank u, next" from Ariana Grande.
I already can't stand her, so when they played her song(s) nonstop..
let's just say I felt like removing the radio in the car of my boyfriend secretly
during the night so that he couldn't annoy me anymore with it, as he liked it
and never let me skip it, ever.

How weird... I've been singing this song to myself for the past ten minutes, I come to check this thread and here it is xD

One of the reasons I stopped listening to radio was because of this. They took songs I did liked or kinda liked and played it over and over and over again till, eventually, I developed a dislike for them. I haven't listened to radio in so long, but I remember I stopped liking Dancing Queen (a lot), Hotel California, some song that says "give me the beat boys and free my soul", despacito and I can't remember any other as it's been a loooong while.

I listen to classic rock stations when I'm in my car and one song that I've felt is always overplayed is Free Bird. I don't even really like it and they play it way too much. There are a ton of other songs out there. Why play the same 10 over and over again?

Counting Stars by One Republic. I liked the song when it came out, but it must have been crazy popular cause it was far too over-played, so much so that I stopped liking it. I dont know the names to the other songs, but they were more current and played too often. I liked some and thought the one was 'eh at best' but due to over playing, I dislike them all, esp the eh song.

Don't Stop Believin' by Journey and Africa by Toto are two big examples for me. I can't stand them anymore.

- old town road - lil nas x
i swear to GOD, if i hear this song again, i won't hesitate to drop kick the person playing it. it's been so milked that i think i remember all the remixes.

- bohemian rhapsody - queen
at my school's grad party, this was the song that everyone knows (i don't lol). it's quite annoying when you heard it like ten times.

- baby shark
i cannot express my hate for this song. this is the worst thing EVER.

- dancing queen - abba
this one is one of my favorites. although, my friends overplay this a lot.

i'm not into pop music so most hit songs on the radio are overplayed in my opinion (way to sound pretentious and annoying but...). most recently se?orita by shawn mendez and camila cabello has been really annoying me because it's played all the time and i don't think it's good. but also like ed sheeran in general is way overplayed, shape of you was Everywhere all the time back when it was popular.

most recently se?orita by shawn mendez and camila cabello has been really annoying me because it's played all the time and i don't think it's good.

This one and "South of the Border" I hear ALL THE TIME! Came on this thread just to call out this song so I'm glad I'm not the only one

Counting Stars by One Republic. I liked the song when it came out, but it must have been crazy popular cause it was far too over-played, so much so that I stopped liking it. I dont know the names to the other songs, but they were more current and played too often. I liked some and thought the one was 'eh at best' but due to over playing, I dislike them all, esp the eh song.

This song is still played at my local station.

Back