Pokémon Share Your Shiny Pokémon Stories and Screenshots

Day 1 of pokemon sword, I wild encountered a shiny zigzagoon

its now my shiny obstagoon named Jojo Siwa (even though its male lol)

I used bottle caps to give it perfect IVS in Speed and Attack, currently redoing its EV spread with berries and the bands. This way it can be my potent retaliate sweeper. The first shiny that actually has a very good and clear use which is always better lololol

I caught a shiny 4IV Ditto in a raid ; v ; I'm so happy! Been trying to hatch a shiny Eevee. 260 eggs and no luck so far! Will post how many eggs it'll take for the Eevee cx

I don't have a NSO subscription, so there's no way I'm ever gonna complete the Pok?dex and get the Shiny Charm. Can't get a foreign Ditto either. I'd like to try and catch some shinies the good old fashioned way, but is it even worth it without the Charm? Anyone hunting without it?

Upping this, I'd like to know if anyone's been hunting without the Charm!

Upping this, I'd like to know if anyone's been hunting without the Charm!

tbh I would suck it up and subscribe for just long enough to complete the dex + get a foreign ditto if you’re interested in shiny hunting. 1/4096 chance is pretty abysmal. I’m sure there’s at least one person on TBT that is working on a living dex and you can just touch trade what you’re missing pretty fast.

tbh I would suck it up and subscribe for just long enough to complete the dex + get a foreign ditto if you’re interested in shiny hunting. 1/4096 chance is pretty abysmal. I’m sure there’s at least one person on TBT that is working on a living dex and you can just touch trade what you’re missing pretty fast.

Thank you for your answer! I'm planning on buying a subscription once ACNH comes out, so I guess I'll wait until then.

I don't have a NSO subscription, so there's no way I'm ever gonna complete the Pok?dex and get the Shiny Charm. Can't get a foreign Ditto either. I'd like to try and catch some shinies the good old fashioned way, but is it even worth it without the Charm? Anyone hunting without it?

Don't have any local friends with the game? Or even a local community to reach out to? You can totally trade locally with people even if you don't have a Switch Online Subscription. Even if you can't connect with someone enough to complete the dex even just trading with someone locally who does have online for a different language Pokemon would be worth it as the shiny rate for Masuda Method is 1/683 without the charm vs 1/512 with. It's a lot less worth it for wild encounters though as it's 1/4096 without the charm and 1/1365 with.

No matter what you end up doing I wish you luck. Worst case scenario an online subscription is fairly cheap all things considered.

Finally got a shiny Corsola after 411 eggs! Went after Cottonee next and so far it's one of my favourite looking shiny. Looks even better one it's evolved~

oDDb3gp.png

Don't know what to hunt next.

I just hatched my first shiny!!! I can't believe it! It wasn't intentional either, I was just hatching for a request and was trying to get a female HA snom. ; v ; Only took 7 eggs for snom (I'm still in the process of trying to hatch a shiny Eevee, 460 eggs so far, no shiny LOL)

Snom is so adorable! <3 3IV Shiny Female with HA
uJjLb4c.jpg

After 1078 eggs masuda method I finally hatched my shiny applin! Super stoked to finally have him, will be evolving him into an appletun.

kA3lR9d.png

also forgot to share the shiny sinistea that i hatched a few days ago! Only 174 eggs

eQQQY7J.jpg

I really like Dragapult's shiny! Glad you finally got him!

Me too it's definitely my favourite from this gen. I was fully expecting a male but it actually came out female but I'm not disappointed, still don't know what to name her though :eek:

I just wild encountered a shiny corviknight while trying to get the dragon types!!! Omg

No shinies on Shield yet but I just got the shiny charm and unlocked IV checker so I?m ready to roll and so excited :cool: I?ll be using the masuda method as always, but I might give the new ?catch combo? method a try... someday.

Can?t decide what to hunt first, leaning toward Sinistea or Jangmo-o :]

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Kurashiki I named the Applin I caught in my play through “Fritter” as well hahah nice

I’ve had some fairly good luck recently. After doing 1500+ encounters of nickit with no luck I traded for a foreign ditto and started hatching eggs instead.

Shiny ponyta - 1150 eggs
Shiny mareanie - 1058 eggs
Shiny bounsweet - 791 eggs
Shiny applin - 105 eggs

Then I completed my dex.

Shiny zigzagoon - 314 eggs
Shiny deino - 395 eggs
Shiny milcery - 10 eggs

I’m currently hatching for a shiny morpeko and at 229. I imagine this will be a long hunt because of that insane milcery. :)

After my long hunt for applin my luck turned around and I got zigzagoon in 123 eggs! Next up is toxel :)

xIskgKe.png
@Kurashiki I named the Applin I caught in my play through ?Fritter? as well hahah nice

Haha wow! It's just such a cute name

Hatched my 1st shiny! I gave up on Sinistea for the moment and switched to Applin, I don’t keep track of eggs but this was a moderately short hunt for sure and I’m happy. Didn’t manage to get the HA on it which is kinda :’( Buuuut I’m not gonna breed for another I don’t have that kind of patience.
Onto Jangmo-o!

edit: also wanted to say that it’s neat how they added a sparkle animation when the shiny hatches now!

Last edited:
wow ultra short Sinistea hunt (postponed jangmo-o while I tried to decide if I wanted it special or physical lol looks like it was for the best :0) thought my luck was in but it's also without HA, ugh. -_- Really tempted to re-breed this one, I haaaaate Weak Armor.

fCtjGex.jpg

dVAAK5b.jpg

Back