• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Taking crochet commissions: would it be allowed here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suguri

Wowzers!
Bells
Switch
0557-5119-2409
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Violet
Rotating Fool's Egg
Chocolate Cake
Stitches
Apple (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
So I had this idea for a while and I'm curious to know whether it is allowed or not. I won't be executing it, but I just wanna make sure.

I consider myself a decent crocheter and I mostly specialize in making amigurumi stuffed toys (see my signature for a link to some of my finished projects). I've seen artists take art commissions and I thought, maybe I can do the same but with amigurumi.

So basically my proposed idea is that I make amigurumi for people who can't crochet it themselves. First they provide a pattern (it must be free, I don't accept patterns that require money to be accessed). Then I follow the pattern and make it for them in exchange for a hundred or so TBT. And here's where it feels iffy for me: later they have to provide me with their address so I can deliver it to them.

There's no RLC involved (except, um, maybe with shipping fees on my part?). However this idea personally gives off real-life-business-ish vibes and I'm not sure something like that is allowed in the forums. If we could trade amiibo cards, would this be accepted?

On second thought, I should probably go to Etsy for that kind of stuff. But managing a shop there is too much time, plus I have school so there’s that. I’ll close this thread since nobody responded to it and I answered my own question…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back