The Anime Thread

whelp finished persona 4's anime adaptation and its not bad but the filler and ergh the discourse behind that one particular game and 3 and 5 as well too yeah its a mess forget about it otherwise yeah its ok but thats really it then again can't really say i am all that particular fond of persona these days.

With the upcoming release of Boku no Hero Academia/My Hero Academia season 7 this Saturday, I decided to pick my five favorite scenes from the first five seasons of the show. I didn't choose anything from season six because it's still fresh (and also because you can't post more than five videos in a single post on this site 💀 ). Without further ado, here they are!

Season 1:

Season 2:

Season 3:

Season 4:

Season 5:

welp here comes more complicated story following and well at least yoasobi be getting that bag these days being on every hot **** anime thats out there lately from oshi no koi and friren (neither of which i watched nor do i care bout either lol)

I haven't updated here in a while, but I've been watching Konosuba season 3. I also want to get caught up on That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime season 3. Plus I'll be watching My Hero Academia season 7.

In addition to that, I've watched the first episode of Grimm Variations on Netflix. Each episode focuses on a classic fairy tale and gives it a darker twist. The first was Cinderlla and it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to getting into the other fairy tales that interest me more.

I haven't updated here in a while, but I've been watching Konosuba season 3. I also want to get caught up on That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime season 3. Plus I'll be watching My Hero Academia season 7.

In addition to that, I've watched the first episode of Grimm Variations on Netflix. Each episode focuses on a classic fairy tale and gives it a darker twist. The first was Cinderlla and it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to getting into the other fairy tales that interest me more.
I vaguely remember a Grimm's fairy tale anime on a kid's network in the 90's with David the Gnome. It this one newer?

I vaguely remember a Grimm's fairy tale anime on a kid's network in the 90's with David the Gnome. It this one newer?
Are you talking about this David the Gnome? If so, I used to watch this all the time.

s-l1600.jpg

But no, what I'm talking about is new. It just came out this month on Netflix. The 3 siblings in the image are the ones telling the tales. Not sure how they'll play into the overall story yet.

MV5BYzBlMzg5ZTUtZTc2Ny00NDZkLWE2NTAtZWFkMGM5ZDQ5ZDAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzMTI1Mjk3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Are you talking about this David the Gnome? If so, I used to watch this all the time.

s-l1600.jpg

But no, what I'm talking about is new. It just came out this month on Netflix. The 3 siblings in the image are the ones telling the tales. Not sure how they'll play into the overall story yet.

MV5BYzBlMzg5ZTUtZTc2Ny00NDZkLWE2NTAtZWFkMGM5ZDQ5ZDAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzMTI1Mjk3._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
Apparently people online really like Roba from yours. Classy and good with a hammer.

This one aired along side David the Gnome back in the day:
Of course it's a Saban thing. It's probably going to be butchered like the Power Rangers.

The wait is OVER! My Hero Academia season seven... is here. 😤

With Shigaraki, the League, and Jailbreakers on the loose, Japan's heroes and police have their hands full with all of them. Meanwhile, Midoriya reflects on recent events and how Uraraka vouched for him so that he could live with the rest of his friends again.

During all of this, the #1 U.S. hero, Star and Stripe, headed towards Japan on her own in order to help in the fight against All For One. However, she was cut off by none other than Shigaraki himself. The two quickly began their battle as Shigaraki began to learn more and more about Star and Stripe's Quirk, New Order. Running out of options, Star and Stripe used the help of her comrades to pin Shigaraki down and try to incinerate him completely. Will they be successful?

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode two. "Specter." This is the will of those who inherit the light. Go beyond! Plus ultra!

It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

Star and Stripe continues to fight with Shigaraki and uses the incoming Tiamat missile to try and obliterate him completely. It almost works... unfortunately for Star and Stripe and her crew, Shigaraki takes a gamble and decays under the ground to avoid as much of the explosion as possible. Thanks to this, he lunges at her and successfully steals her Quirk, New Order.

As Star and Stripe's body begins to decay and Shigaraki thinks he has won, unfortunately, he made an error. New Order begins violently taking out the other Quirks inside his body. Shigaraki struggles and tries to get away, but the crew fires their beams at him in order to try and finish him off. Unfortunately he does get away, but his complete form is stalled from taking effect by around a week thanks to Star and Stripe.

But at what cost? Star and Stripe's body finishes decaying and she dies. Oh no, America has lost! Due to this, the other nations start pulling back their heroes and shy away from the challenge to help out Japan. Oh, America.....

All Might tells Class 1-A about the extension thanks to Star and Stripe, and says to use the time to get as strong as possible. The ultimate fight between good and evil is turning into an all-out war!

But little do the heroes know that darkness has already seeped from within...

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode three. "Villain." This is what happens when justice sinks into the darkness. Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Finally finished Link Click S2. I'm hoping there's a Season 3 soon.. I can't take the way S2 ended LOL. I need to know what happens next for reals!!

While I'm here, has anyone seen Delicious in Dungeon? I really want to start it, but I'm worried it may have disturbing themes that scare me 💀

I want to finish Season 3 of Demon Slayer before the new season comes out but I'm soooo lazy. OTL Not lazy, but.. It would remind me of someone I'm trying not to think of right now. Even though my favorite character features in it.. :")
I love you Mitsuri Kanroji.. 😭 Maybe I'll watch later.

I also need to continue watching AOT but it's so much for me to process. Kind of like Link Click, so much happens in one single episode that I need time to marinate. LOL.

While I'm here, has anyone seen Delicious in Dungeon? I really want to start it, but I'm worried it may have disturbing themes that scare me 💀
I'm watching it! It's darker than it seems at first, but I wouldn't say it's scary at all. Some parts are meant to be disturbing, but the overall tone is lighthearted for the most part and it's way tamer than a lot of anime/manga I've seen before, so unless you're extremely sensitive I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm also really loving it so I would 100% recommend it!!

(cross-posted from the random thoughts thread)

Did anyone else hear about this 1920s anime film recently discovered in Japan? It’s a PSA/educational film about dental hygiene, but it’s still fascinating to see how far anime has come. (I would post the NHK video showing the clip, but I tried and it doesn’t work here.)

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season four... is here! ⚔️

Tanjiro is shown to be recovering in the infirmary after the intense fight with the Upper Rank demons. Tokito and Misturi are called to an emergency Hashira meeting in order to tell everyone about the demon marks they received, which strengthened their abilities for a short period of time.

Zenitsu and Inosuke also returned, and the Hashiras decided to start an all-out training regiment for all of the Demon Slayer Corps in order to raise everyone's level of skill in preparation to take down Muzan, the leader of the demons. Now that Nezuko can withstand the sun, everyone knows that Muzan is sure to send more demons after her.

Just how will Tanjiro and others survive the Hashira training regiments, and will Tanjiro be able to protect his sister? Rather than sticking with the group, however, Giyu Tomioka seems to have his own strategy in mind...

Next time on Demon Slayer season four, episode two. "Water Hashira Giyu Tomioka's Pain." You won't want to miss it! (y)

The past few seasons have been disappointing me and I’m not sure if it’s because I’m burned out from watching 44 anime last year or because I’m genuinely picking bad shows.

Konosuba season 3 doesn’t have any of cool locales like the first two seasons and I’m not enjoying the jokes as much. It’s not bad, but my expectations from the first two seasons were pretty high.

A Condition Called Love has good characters, but the muted colors and stiff animation do not do it any favors.

Currently catchin' up on Demon Slayer Season 3!

I cry almost every time I see Mitsuri on-screen. I've never related to a character more in my entire life. She's cute, very strong.. joined the Corps to find a MAN... c'mon. That's totally something I'd do, too!!! Mitsuri and I have very similar personalities and such. She's literally me! Just without glasses. LOL.

Anyways, I've developed a super duper soft spot in my heart for Genya. His story reminds me of how/why Tanjiro joined the Demon Slayer Corps. Both of their history/lore is very sad. I hope there's a part somewhere in the anime where Genya and Sanemi reunite.. Their bond in the past reminds me of me and my little brother.. ;w;

I ALSO, did not like Muichiro at first. He seemed very arrogant and rude to me. However, learning more about him as the season continues.. I feel guilty for disliking him. He has such a sad background too! I also know, when I get to the parts of Mitsuri's past, I'll bawl, lol. I adore Mitsuri so much. I'm only on episode 7 out of 11 at the moment, but.. I can't wait to watch more! I have to take it in parts because it's difficult for me to binge shows. I'm just not ever motivated enough.

I think after I'm all caught up with Demon Slayer.. I'll either continue with Attack on Titan, OR start watching one of the following;
MASHLE
Delicious in Dungeon
BLUELOCK

or.. if I wanna be nostalgic. I'll perhaps watch Free!, I loved the characters. I watched a spin-off of it called 50% OFF, and it was so funny. I loved Makoto A BUNCH. So, maybe I'll watch the ACTUAL ANIME ITSELF. OTL

I also really would like to take a crack at romance animes again. I haven't seen many, but I need more things to watch. I don't feel like I can consider myself an anime fan, if I haven't watched A WHOLE BUNCH.... >_>
I really need to catch up on Jujutsu Kaisen as well.. too many to watch! I'm overwhelmed ;w;

It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

Toya or Dabi begins to get restless because Shigaraki is still injured badly, which puts the rest of the villains in a bad situation. All For One tries to ease Toya's concerns, however, by saying that he has "friends" if needed.

Meanwhile, one such friend is confronted by Hagakure in the forest of U.A. It turns out that Yuga Aoyama is actually a spy sent by All For One, and is largely responsible for the heroes' past secret locations being discovered. However, Aoyama and his parents only did this in order to not get killed by All For One, since Aoyama received his Quirk from All For One.

Hagakure ropes Midoriya in, but almost too late as Aoyama is about to try and kill Midoriya. Hagakure intervenes, however, and thanks to her Quirk is able to save them both. Aoyama and his family are captured and detained by the police.

The heroes and police try to use them at first to find where All For One is, but they don't know since they can't contact him. Midoriya brings the idea to light, however, that this would be the perfect opportunity to strike at All For One and the villains while Shigaraki is injured. They would try to get Aoyama to trick All For One if possible.

Just as Aoyama feels bad for what he's done, the other heroes have complex emotions on how they became heroes...

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode four. "The Story of How We All Became Heroes." Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Back