• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Welcome to the Cauldron! Help Create TBT’s Next Potion Collectible!

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
Welcome, prize pack recipients! Inside your prize pack you will find a mysterious bundle of four ingredients. Each of you have been invited to place any two of these ingredients into the cauldron, which will create The Bell Tree's new potion collectible that will be made available during our upcoming Halloween event!

Currently, only three potions exist: Purple Bat Potion, Swamp Potion, and Bloodshot Potion.

297.jpg
326.jpg
325.jpg

In order to create our new potion, we must work together to brew the perfect color and item combination. Fifty different users received a unique assortment of ingredients to choose from, so decide your ingredients strategically. There are three different types of ingredients you can add to the cauldron and each of them react differently with each other, so be sure to read carefully before making your decision.

Dye Colors
ingredient-example.png

Dyes are used to determine the color of our next potion. All dyes put into the cauldron will be stirred together into one color. For example, if 2 greens, 1 yellow, and 1 black are added to the cauldron, our potion will have a dark yellowish-green color. If every color is added, we will end up with some sort of murky brown. Every user is given one dye each.

Items
The next basic component of every good TBT potion is the item, which gives it its magical properties. Items react differently with each other than dyes do. They are each very potent, so whichever one is added in the highest quantity will overpower the rest. Every user is given two items to choose from and there are no more than two of each in existence. That could make creating this potion quite difficult, but our next ingredient will help with that.

Thickeners
The thickener ingredient has the potential to be the most powerful of the three if used strategically. You can use it to add a duplicate of any ingredient that has already been added to the cauldron, whether it's a dye or item. You can even use it to double one of your own ingredients. Every user is given one thickener each and they are all the same.

To help brew our potion, simply post a picture of the two ingredient cards from your prize pack that you'd like to put into the cauldron. You may choose any two of your four cards, even if you decide to add two item type ingredients. This post will be updated on a regular basis with the amount of ingredients that have been added to the cauldron so far. The latest mixed color will also be updated.

Please post both of your chosen ingredients at the same time and refrain from trying to change them once they have been posted. The cauldron is very hot, so this can scald your hand. Feel free to use this thread or board to coordinate your desired potion recipes with other users. Good luck brewing!

cauldron.gif

Last updated 10/31/2020 8:00 PM EDT (Final)
Color Composition

This Is the Current Color █ #64AEB5

Blue6
Black3
Cyan10
White8
Yellow3
Green1
Magenta2

Strongest Items

Eerie Star6
Mermaid Scale3
Wisp's Tears3
Crystal2
Worn Spellbook2
Crow Feather1
Wilted Flower1
Gourd1
Masquerade Mask1
Dragon Scale1
Newt1

Cauldron Contributions
UserTypeIngredient
kiwikenobiColorBlue Dye
kiwikenobiColorBlue Dye (Thickener)
ivelostmyspectaclesItemCrystal
ivelostmyspectaclesItemCrystal (Thickener)
JellyBeansColorBlack Dye
JellyBeansColorBlack Dye (Thickener)
DinosaurzItemCrow Feather
DinosaurzColorBlack Dye (Thickener)
CoachColorCyan Dye
CoachItemMermaid Scale
ImbriItemWorn Spellbook
ImbriItemWorn Spellbook (Thickener)
MikaiahColorWhite Dye
MikaiahColorWhite Dye (Thickener)
LambdaDeltaColorBlue Dye
LambdaDeltaColorBlue Dye (Thickener)
VsmithItemWisp's Tears
VsmithItemWisp's Tears (Thickener)
mogyayColorCyan Dye
mogyayColorCyan Dye (Thickener)
OldcatladyItemWilted Flower
OldcatladyColorWhite Dye (Thickener)
LOEYItemEerie Star
LOEYItemEerie Star (Thickener)
amye.millerColorYellow Dye
amye.millerItemMermaid Scale
corlee1289ColorGreen Dye
corlee1289ItemMermaid Scale (Thickener)
VrisnemColorYellow Dye
VrisnemColorYellow Dye (Thickener)
skarmouryColorWhite Dye
skarmouryColorWhite Dye (Thickener)
Katzenjammer *ItemGourd
Katzenjammer *ColorWhite Dye (Thickener)
MairmaladeColorCyan Dye
MairmaladeColorWhite Dye (Thickener)
lana.ItemMasquerade Mask
lana.ColorBlue Dye (Thickener)
JustinColorWhite Dye
JustinColorCyan Dye (Thickener)
jihuxColorMagenta Dye
jihuxItemEerie Star (Thickener)
canary:)ItemDragon Scale
canary:)ColorCyan Dye (Thickener)
Chibi.HoshiItemNewt
Chibi.HoshiColorCyan Dye (Thickener)
ReeBearItemWisp's Tears
ReeBearColorCyan Dye (Thickener)
Larsi--
LarsiColorMagenta Dye (Thickener)
Flyffel--
FlyffelItemEerie Star (Thickener)
Snowifer--
SnowiferItemEerie Star (Thickener)
Coturnix--
CoturnixItemEerie Star (Thickener)
AmileeColorCyan Dye
AmileeColorCyan Dye (Thickener)
Holla--
HollaColorBlue Dye (Thickener)

Last edited:
If you're seeing this it probably means you received your prize pack and I imagine a lot of you will start receiving them soon! However, some mail may take much longer to reach its destination. It's also possible that not every user will choose to participate. We'll leave this event open as long as possible to give everyone a chance, but the potion brewing will need to end in time for the collectible to be purchased during/after the Halloween event. We'll be able to decide on an exact day to close this event as that date gets closer.

At the moment, this board can only be viewed by prize pack recipients and staff (who will also be participating). It's also unlisted, which means you will need to save the URL to find it again. For this reason, be sure to check back often!

We'll eventually make this board public for viewing so all users can see what's happening and how the potion is coming along. For now, it will remain private so we don't spoil it too much for the majority of users who haven't received their prize pack yet.

Since you've received your prize pack, you may be interested in sharing its contents with the community like others have done in previous years. Feel free to do so in the TBT Fair 2020 Closing Ceremony thread! However, if you do, please make sure neither of the addresses on the envelope are showing. Let's also keep this potion event a secret for now, even if you include the cards in your picture. Thanks!

Wow this is epic now :cool:
Post automatically merged:

My dye is magenta btw, idk if you guys wanna pick a colour and work together

Guys plz reply I am lonely :(

Last edited:
Guys plz reply I am lonely :(
Most people haven't received their mailbox prize packs yet, due to non-US prize packs and sticker-only packs being sent out first, so please be patient for now. More people will come in as they receive theirs. :)

Most people haven't received their mailbox prize packs yet, due to non-US prize packs and sticker-only packs being sent out first, so please be patient for now. More people will come in as they receive theirs. :)
Ah cool I’m not used to being first for anything :eek:

Question about the thickener, are we able to use it on any previous ingredient to pick? And we can use multiple on the same ingredient if we want?

just trying to figure out how this all works cause I think we should communicate and use strategy so we don’t get a random potion lol

also I am first poster so I can chose the narrative haha
My other ingredients are crow feather and yeti hair. I think magenta could be a nice potion colour but why don’t we just try to pick a colour and then agree to use thickener on which colour
and ingredient

oh and everyone should say which ingredients they have too in your post please

Gonna be talking to myself :oops:

I'd suggest hitting the "Watch" button on this thread to turn on notifications @Dinosaurz. It might be another day or so before other people receive their prize packs so there won't be much activity in here until then. :)

Black could be a nice colour since it can cover other shades if people just decide to randomly pick which ones they like- and with the thickener it could be useful. If we picked a lighter colour (like magenta) and someone threw a dark colour in, it could mess up the colour completely.
I'd suggest hitting the "Watch" button on this thread to turn on notifications @Dinosaurz. It might be another day or so before other people receive their prize packs so there won't be much activity in here until then. :)

Lol yeah ik I just want to post now so people can read it when they catch up.
Idk how I got mine first my mail never is fast haha

second to the party I guess! got my stickers like 10 minutes ago lol. magenta dye sounds really nice - I got black which is spooky but also perhaps not very interesting. my other items are dried grasshopper and vine, and vine sounds like it'd be quite cool!

I like Magenta :D

Got my package today! I have:
Blue dye
Crow beak
Wasp nest

But I like magenta more. And will think about the ingredients

By the way, this might help, here is the tool we will use to combine the dye colors that were put into the cauldron: https://trycolors.com

Eventually someone will have to dump some ingredients in to get things started!

I’m just a bit anxious about making moves without majority vote xd
I think magenta and white could be nice, it’s a nice shade of pink and we don’t have any pink potions.
We can each use our thickener on the items we want.

And we can calculate how much parts magenta/white with the thickener.

I’m just a bit anxious about making moves without majority vote xd
I think magenta and white could be nice, it’s a nice shade of pink and we don’t have any pink potions.
We can each use our thickener on the items we want.
me too lol. i like the idea of magenta and white, but I also quite like magenta and black to get the ~spooky~ vibe. overall it's probably worth me throwing in some black dye? not sure about items though, i'm sure they all have some kind of impact

me too lol. i like the idea of magenta and white, but I also quite like magenta and black to get the ~spooky~ vibe. overall it's probably worth me throwing in some black dye? not sure about items though, i'm sure they all have some kind of impact
Black is very strong and it will over power white. It’s not too much of a big deal when we have the thickener but I just don’t think it’ll mix that well.
the thing about items is that only the strongest will be used i think. So you can use the thickener on the colours and then use a random item, and we can decide the item later when we know more from people?
If that makes sense.
We can do the colour, and the later people can decide the items.

Black is very strong and it will over power white. It’s not too much of a big deal when we have the thickener but I just don’t think it’ll mix that well.
the thing about items is that only the strongest will be used i think. So you can use the thickener on the colours and then use a random item, and we can decide the item later when we know more from people?
If that makes sense.
We can do the colour, and the later people can decide the items.
hmm very true - makes sense. I guess we wait a bit and see who else gets their pack and decides to help out

hmm very true - makes sense. I guess we wait a bit and see who else gets their pack and decides to help out
Since there’s only so many colours and 50 people, and each person gets a different colour the colours Im gonna assume people have dupes, So we should be able to find someone with a white to mix.

we already have a purple, green and red potion so those colours are useless.
I like the idea of black, blue and pink.
Honestly if we look at the general consensus of the forum is that the pink collectibles always do pretty good. So I think the majority would be alright with pink.

if Jeremy wants me to I’ll do my magenta and the thickener if he wants someone to make a move soon lol.

If anyone wants to mix some colours and put out suggestions on what to do, please do so I am lost

I think by Thursday we will probably have at least a dozen people in here, so no rush for now. It's kind of surprising you got yours so quickly.

I have thought of a few ideas. We could do an orange colour with a pumpkin ingredient for a potion, or a black one with a skull. If people wanted more Halloween themed potion. Pink is still a visible option and we can see which ingredients people have later.

do you guys want a Halloween themed potion more?

maybe we could put some ideas together and go like that? I just don’t wanna chose a colour and mess up the people who don’t get their prize packs till later

I have thought of a few ideas. We could do an orange colour with a pumpkin ingredient for a potion, or a black one with a skull. If people wanted more Halloween themed potion. Pink is still a visible option and we can see which ingredients people have later.

do you guys want a Halloween themed potion more?

maybe we could put some ideas together and go like that? I just don’t wanna chose a colour and mess up the people who don’t get their prize packs till later
i like those options! obviously not everybody's going to love whatever is made - pink collectibles are very popular but equally lots of people are asking for darker collectibles, and halloween seems like the time to make those. I'm curious to see what other items are out there though! a pumpkin would be adorable

i like those options! obviously not everybody's going to love whatever is made - pink collectibles are very popular but equally lots of people are asking for darker collectibles, and halloween seems like the time to make those. I'm curious to see what other items are out there though! a pumpkin would be adorable
Yeah pink always does well which is like why I’m thinking it’s a safe bet.
I just want to be able to come to an agreement together on what to do.

Back